Mason Plumlee

Marcus Smart

Jayson Tatum

P.J. Tucker

Myles Turner

Kemba Walker

Derrick White

16 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

it appears LTU coaches are building towards the games that mean something, and likely the same for Sabonis?  Did JV look slimmed down as reports have kinda indicated he has?

Don't know about JV but Jokic looked out of shape af. Dude literally looked like he spent last 2 month drinking bear and eating burgers every day. (and still played amazingly)

31 minutes ago, Tomazan said:

Don't know about JV but Jokic looked out of shape af. Dude literally looked like he spent last 2 month drinking bear and eating burgers every day. (and still played amazingly)

To be honest, I can picture Jokic drinking bears.

7 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Final 15 for Team USA

Harrison Barnes

Jaylen Brown

De'Aaron Fox

Joe Harris

Kyle Kuzma

Brook Lopez

Khris Middleton

Donovan Mitchell

Mason Plumlee

Marcus Smart

Jayson Tatum

P.J. Tucker

Myles Turner

Kemba Walker

Derrick White

The US Celtics!

Jokes aside, it's a young team full of committed people, and with Pops coaching and most other teams not at full strength they're still the favorites by a mile.

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

To be honest, I can picture Jokic drinking bears.

JV loves his beer a little too much...back in 2nd year, so 2014 i think...he was charged with impaired driving, having been stopped in Wasaga Beach(party beach area north of Toronto that has big Lithuanian community...allegedly being spotted with open beer bottles while traveling through a drive-thru.

JV certainly learned from this bad incident, he has been model player/team mate ever since.  But JV would put majority of NFL lineman to shame re beer and alcohol, Lithuania is the country with the highest per capita consumption of alcohol...I've watched JV first hand down a can in approx 2 seconds...and it wasn't it first beer...not even a belch afterwards, pretty impressive :).I suspect Elge has certainly had a major influence/change on JV...

42 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

JV loves his beer a little too much...back in 2nd year, so 2014 i think...he was charged with impaired driving, having been stopped in Wasaga Beach(party beach area north of Toronto that has big Lithuanian community...allegedly being spotted with open beer bottles while traveling through a drive-thru.

JV certainly learned from this bad incident, he has been model player/team mate ever since.  But JV would put majority of NFL lineman to shame re beer and alcohol, Lithuania is the country with the highest per capita consumption of alcohol...I've watched JV first hand down a can in approx 2 seconds...and it wasn't it first beer...not even a belch afterwards, pretty impressive :).I suspect Elge has certainly had a major influence/change on JV...

Her name is Eglė.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:15 AM, fanboyslim said:

The US Celtics!

Jokes aside, it's a young team full of committed people, and with Pops coaching and most other teams not at full strength they're still the favorites by a mile.

A team that just got run out of the gym by a team of G-Leaguers. Scared what will happen in the next scrimmage against Spain. 

I think we all agree FIBA messed up with the schedule and moving to this format...too big a commitment this year...6 weeks?  Maybe the commitment can work for the Olympics, but not two years in a row.

3 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

I think we all agree FIBA messed up with the schedule and moving to this format...too big a commitment this year...6 weeks?  Maybe the commitment can work for the Olympics, but not two years in a row.

FIBA does not care about NBA players. FIBA cares about FIFA World Cup being same year. 

6 hours ago, Wells said:

A team that just got run out of the gym by a team of G-Leaguers. Scared what will happen in the next scrimmage against Spain. 

I wish Jaren had made the team but on the other hand I want him to rest, get focused on the season, and not get hurt.  

3 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

FIBA does not care about NBA players. FIBA cares about FIFA World Cup being same year. 

FIFA WC is in June-July, FIBA WC is in September. It's not like they overlap or anything. And TV ratings do care a lot about NBA (and Euroleague) players.

But you're right, FIBA doesn't care. That's why they created the FIBA qualification windows in the middle of NBA and Euroleague competition too.

8 hours ago, Wells said:

Spain is not at full strength either. Several veterans (Pau, Ibaka, Mirotic, Rodriguez) skipped the WC due to various reasons, and the next generation of good players is not there yet (Spain won the Euro under 18 championship a few weeks ago, keep an eye on tournament MVP Santi Aldama who will play for Loyola next season).

It'll be a fun game to watch anyway.