JĖGAAAAAA!!!

FIBA WC 2019, China

On 8/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, ACGrizz said:

He's still at the training camp, articles I'm seeing just make it unclear whether he's still working his way back from injury or purposely not participating in the practices.

Bummer Clarke didn't get a training camp invite.

i had read that Clarke was invited, but that some huge portion of the those invited turned down the invite for Canada. 

yeah, he was on their original roster as a bench big:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canada-2019-fiba-basketball-world-cup-potential-roster

For someone coming from a small country where basketball is part of our identity and national pride, it is very hard to understand what is going on with both team Canada and the team US. I understand the business aspect, of course, and I can't really blame the players for looking out for themselves, but still, it is just so weird to me that they don't feel that inner pride of representing their country.

I was a sportsman myself (different sport though), and each time I had a chance to represent my country in any sort of European or World championship, or just some international competition, it was just an absolutely surreal feeling. Seeing that flag next to your name, hearing the anthem. You are not playing just for yourself anymore, but for the entire country - isn't it something that each sportsman is dreaming off? As I said, I understand the business part... but it is still kinda sad. And also shows that there might be problems with those countries and their relationship with their citizens on a much more fundamental level, if the players don't line up to represent it. 

There is also a completely different aspect - those who spend time in the summer playing for the national team not only get to spend time with the best players/coaches of their country and thus vastly improve, but there is also an underrated aspect of maturity, for the lack of a better word. I believe that representing your country takes your maturity, your self-confidence, your experience, your willingness to sacrifice, etc., to a completely different level. You simply become much, much better. Of course, at a higher risk of injury, but... We see that sportsmen get injured everywhere, always, even in freak accidents. I would be willing to take that risk 10/10 times, but then it is easy for me to speak, as I don't make tens of millions a year. 

In any case, I am very proud that our NBA guys, like JV and Domantas Sabonis, are willingly representing the country each summer. This bring fulfilment to them, and makes them better players and better people - they have said that themselves in the interviews. It also helps the country and its people, who feel more important, even more loved, when our stars are so willing to represent us, instead of declining. I do hope that Grizz fans will understand this and support JV in his decision to represent the national team, and let's all pray that they, as well as all the other players of other teams, will avoid injuries, or at least serious ones. 

8 hours ago, Just Passing By said:

For someone coming from a small country where basketball is part of our identity and national pride, it is very hard to understand what is going on with both team Canada and the team US. I understand the business aspect, of course, and I can't really blame the players for looking out for themselves, but still, it is just so weird to me that they don't feel that inner pride of representing their country.

I was a sportsman myself (different sport though), and each time I had a chance to represent my country in any sort of European or World championship, or just some international competition, it was just an absolutely surreal feeling. Seeing that flag next to your name, hearing the anthem. You are not playing just for yourself anymore, but for the entire country - isn't it something that each sportsman is dreaming off? As I said, I understand the business part... but it is still kinda sad. And also shows that there might be problems with those countries and their relationship with their citizens on a much more fundamental level, if the players don't line up to represent it. 

There is also a completely different aspect - those who spend time in the summer playing for the national team not only get to spend time with the best players/coaches of their country and thus vastly improve, but there is also an underrated aspect of maturity, for the lack of a better word. I believe that representing your country takes your maturity, your self-confidence, your experience, your willingness to sacrifice, etc., to a completely different level. You simply become much, much better. Of course, at a higher risk of injury, but... We see that sportsmen get injured everywhere, always, even in freak accidents. I would be willing to take that risk 10/10 times, but then it is easy for me to speak, as I don't make tens of millions a year. 

In any case, I am very proud that our NBA guys, like JV and Domantas Sabonis, are willingly representing the country each summer. This bring fulfilment to them, and makes them better players and better people - they have said that themselves in the interviews. It also helps the country and its people, who feel more important, even more loved, when our stars are so willing to represent us, instead of declining. I do hope that Grizz fans will understand this and support JV in his decision to represent the national team, and let's all pray that they, as well as all the other players of other teams, will avoid injuries, or at least serious ones. 

I agree with the sentiment, but USA basketball just doesn't really care about FIBA events as much as other countries. We had stopped caring about the Olympics as well, but have at least started to care more for the last few times. I don't think most of us care that JV is playing, I personally respect him for it. I hope Jaren gets to play as well. I understand players not wanting to risk it though. Some of them might be looking to get their next contract, some really do want to focus on the upcoming season as well. There's a million reasons. 

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I agree with the sentiment, but USA basketball just doesn't really care about FIBA events as much as other countries. We had stopped caring about the Olympics as well, but have at least started to care more for the last few times. I don't think most of us care that JV is playing, I personally respect him for it. I hope Jaren gets to play as well. I understand players not wanting to risk it though. Some of them might be looking to get their next contract, some really do want to focus on the upcoming season as well. There's a million reasons. 

I think FIBA shot itself in the foot moving the WC to the year before the Olympics. If they have to choose, most players would rather skip the WC knowing there's a shot at the Olympics (which have a pull that goes beyond the basketball competition) just a year ahead. Besides, with the new CBA and the shorter contracts, there are more players involved in free agency every year.

I personally think USA Basketball should have stuck with the previous policy that in order to go to the Olympics you had to commit to a full (4-year) olympic cycle. That would definitely scare away a number of superstars (especially those who have already played in the Olympics) but you would still have a team of very high level and very committed players. After all, winning an Olympic gold gets you one foot in the HoF.

4 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Today 3pm. eastern JV vs Jokic...should be a good game.

I hope nobody gets hurt 

Link to the game:

https://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/draugiskas-macas-serbija-lietuva-tiesiogine-vaizdo-transliacija/297131

Serbians are "heavy favorites' over LTU in China. I wonder, who they hire to make "predictions". LTU misses just two guys: best coach Šarūnas Jasikevičius and pretty good big, 7'1'' Donatas Motiejūnas. Artūras Gudaitis would be very useful too, but even without him - LTU has plenty of other options to play differently.

1 hour ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

a new ANGRY poster

Edited by 10SC-2-TOKYO

7 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Come on Lion ...

Don’t encourage the bad behavior...

I cannot believe a new poster will come out and say something like that .. A NEW POSTER 

13 hours ago, Subliminal said:

What did he say lol

some thing a person does when they don,t have a girl friend 

1 hour ago, lions said:

some thing a person does when they don,t have a girl friend 

😯😅

Jaren didn’t make the final USA roster but Marvin Bagley did. 

I watched some of the scrimmage and Jaren never looked interested or aggressive when he got the ball. 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, Lugan Village said:

did JV play against Serbia, any feedback on how he played?

JV played 20 mins.  18 pts including a 3-pointer (only two misses), 7 rebounds, 3 assists.  Curiously, coaches elected not to play JV against Jokic much. Jokic did not start and JV did not play much in the 4th.

it appears LTU coaches are building towards the games that mean something, and likely the same for Sabonis?  Did JV look slimmed down as reports have kinda indicated he has?

On 7/19/2019 at 10:28 AM, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Oh boy... You got me completely wrong. Arvydas Sabonis got injuries started in 1985, 34 years ago. Lithuania at   time enjoyed the occupation from USSR. Training facilities and medical care for the athletes were medieval, the best...

Big Z's injuries started in 1994. The country just got independent and underwent bigger economical recession than USA during the Big Depression. Some training facilities even were not heated during the cold months due to the Russians blockade of oil, gas and everything else.

Robertas Javtokas was just a young fool. 6'11" dude took a bike ride with the speedy Yamaha or Honda bike. Now everybody knows - don't ride bikes or go skying or do other stuff. it's their contracts, it's in the insurance policies.

Lithuanian basketball got all that "experience" the hard way. Now they are extremely cautious and careful with their approach to the players health. I think since Euro 2003, when Lithuania won it all and kicked butt to the young Paul   Gasol I can't recall ANY serious injury during the preparation cycle and actual competitions.

You may express your wants and don't wants, concerns and worries, but JV is a seasoned pro. Playing for the LTU Team in China will help him to prepare for the next NBA season. Always, after summers spent in Lithuania, JV would join raptors team in an exceptional shape. And if JV felt that playing in the WC would impeded his pro career in the NBA - he wouldn't play. and nobody would cry a river, LTU has plenty of quality bigs.

So, my dear Grizzlies fan - relax, it's all good :)

I wouldn't want someone I am shelling out money for to go play for another team because of the risk of injury. HE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO THIS TEAM.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, Memphis Maverick said:

Jaren didn’t make the final USA roster but Marvin Bagley did. 

I watched some of the scrimmage and Jaren never looked interested or aggressive when he got the ball. 

Did Jaren post up any?  Or did he just float around the perimeter?

10 hours ago, Karas said:

JV played 20 mins.  18 pts including a 3-pointer (only two misses), 7 rebounds, 3 assists.  Curiously, coaches elected not to play JV against Jokic much. Jokic did not start and JV did not play much in the 4th.

J,V will be the BEST center the Memphis Grizzlies every had.  marc/pau were very good . J.V will be a MONSTER  double/double machine .

5 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Did Jaren post up any?  Or did he just float around the perimeter?

Checking the highlights, I didn’t get to see him on the court too much...

On 8/9/2019 at 4:37 PM, fanboyslim said:

I think FIBA shot itself in the foot moving the WC to the year before the Olympics. If they have to choose, most players would rather skip the WC knowing there's a shot at the Olympics (which have a pull that goes beyond the basketball competition) just a year ahead. Besides, with the new CBA and the shorter contracts, there are more players involved in free agency every year.

I personally think USA Basketball should have stuck with the previous policy that in order to go to the Olympics you had to commit to a full (4-year) olympic cycle. That would definitely scare away a number of superstars (especially those who have already played in the Olympics) but you would still have a team of very high level and very committed players. After all, winning an Olympic gold gets you one foot in the HoF.

I don't think getting a olympic ring would do anything for a player getting into the NBA Hall of Fame. 

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think getting a olympic ring would do anything for a player getting into the NBA Hall of Fame. 

There is no such thing as NBA Hall of Fame...only Basketball  Hall of Fame.

18 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

There is no such thing as NBA Hall of Fame...only Basketball  Hall of Fame.

A lot of people don't seem to realize that.  Dino Radja averaged about 16/8 in four seasons in the NBA with the Celtics, but he made it to the HoF based on his accomplishments in Europe, I believe.  The Olympics definitely carries weight in HoF selection too.