11 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I'm going cut. I know it got pushed back to October but I think the ship has sailed on him 

Then why don't they just cut him then?  Why push the date back to October?

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Then why don't they just cut him then?  Why push the date back to October?

As non guaranteed salary he can be a useful piece in a trade.

53 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Exactly.  We still have the Iggy trade looming; and who knows what else.  You'd hate to have to trade some one you want to keep to make the salaries work in a trade.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Thar's what I was saying.  He said he expected him to just be cut, which still could happen if nothing materializes I guess.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Thar's what I was saying.  He said he expected him to just be cut, which still could happen if nothing materializes I guess.

Yeah, and of course he has a few months to try and impress the coaching staff and stay, although I'm not optimistic

On 7/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, chipc3 said:

Currently I believe there are 18 players under contract.

The solid players are Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr, Brandon Clarke, Dillon Brooks, Tyus Jones, Jae Crowder, De’Anthony Melton, Josh Jackson, Kyle Anderson, Grayson Allen and Jonas Valanciunas.John Konchar (on a two way contract) is safe as well. The probable players include Bruno Caboclo and Miles Plumlee.

Ivan Rabb has an option that was extended to a later date. I’d be shocked if he remains on the team after training camp. Yuta is not guaranteed but he’s on a two way and is popular. I’d be surprised if he is released.

Andre Iquodala, Solomon Hill and Dwight Howard are all buy-out/trade possibilities. Personally I’d bet on Iggy being traded but that could entail more contracts coming back. The Front Office doesn’t appear keen to buy our players at this time so that may be difficult. Hill and Howard seem difficult to trade however.

Then there is the Serbian wildcard. There have been convincing rumors that Marco Guduric has been bought out of his contract overseas so he can join the Grizzlies.

IMO, Solomon Hill and Dwight Howard will be waived, Iggy traded, i think after 15 December (if FO gets 1st, for him, it would be unbelievable, but two 2nd's more likely), Bruno Caboclo i give 90% of staying, Plumlee maybe 60%.

Ivan Rabb will stay only if roster spot is available.

If some one will offer any picks for Jae Crowder he will be gone.

If JV has a monster season with 20/12 and a contender makes an offer Grizz FO can't refuse, JV could be gone at the trade deadline. Moving would be painful for JV and his whole family, but NBA is a business and even after signing 3 year contract JV knows it is a possibility. 

Stupid thing is, the better season JV has, the bigger possibility for him to be traded.

14 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

IMO, Solomon Hill and Dwight Howard will be waived, Iggy traded, i think after 15 December (if FO gets 1st, for him, it would be unbelievable, but two 2nd's more likely), Bruno Caboclo i give 90% of staying, Plumlee maybe 60%.

Ivan Rabb will stay only if roster spot is available.

If some one will offer any picks for Jae Crowder he will be gone.

If JV has a monster season with 20/12 and a contender makes an offer Grizz FO can't refuse, JV could be gone at the trade deadline. Moving would be painful for JV and his whole family, but NBA is a business and even after signing 3 year contract JV knows it is a possibility. 

Stupid thing is, the better season JV has, the bigger possibility for him to be traded.

Agree with most of your assessment except i think Rabb is 90% gone.   

Decent big don't grow on trees.  I think JV will end up here for the duration of his contract barring injury issues.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, bhoyal said:

Decent big don't grow on trees.  I think JV will end up here for the duration of his contract barring injury issues.

I think JV will turn into a nice trade piece once Jarren makes him a bench player 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, Ace-is-high said:

I think JV will turn into a nice trade piece once Jarren makes him a bench player 

Sure.... and Carmelo will be all star again.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ace-is-high said:

Nah. JV isn't going anywhere