Recommended Posts

Greetings guys! Use to be a pretty frequent here on the board and once I got to college and life happened, as well as the grizzlies sulking the past few years as well, I haven't really been on here much. But with excitement being at an all time time high right now I had to get back in here.

What I wanted to get you guys' opinion on is should we find a way to bring up Tyler Harvey and let a few of the non-guaranteed guys go. I'm even open to pairing a few guys together to shed some spots to bring him in. Hear me out.

Our PG spot is pretty sowed up right now with Ja and Tyus and I believe Melton shows alot of promise as combo guard. Our 3 looks decent with Crowder, Jackson, and Caboclo. PF is solidified with with JJJ and BC. And JV with Plumlee is formidable if we can't move his expiring or find a replacement backup. At the 2 spot, Dillon is OK but I've never been high on him as a starter, more of late career Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, 3 and D, 6th or 7th man type player. Grayson looked horrible to me in summer league. He has to force too much and his attitude I'm not too fond of with us starting a rebuild.

With Harvey, he's a 6-4 PG but showed alot of flashes of being a nice off ball player as well. He moves well without the ball, can drive and/or kick, and obviously was cold blooded from 3 which we have always needed desperately in Memphis. A back court of him and Ja to start our rebuild I think speeds up our young studs' development and also gives us another threat at the end of ball games. I also believe at 26 he can give us a great 6th man option if we happen to pickup more high profile SG later on or can stick in that spot as long as he continues to develop.

A squad like below that continually develops and barring a few tweaks could be scary a few years down the road I believe. 

 

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Harvey/Brooks

Crowder/Jackson/Bruno

JJJ/BC/Hill

JV/Plumlee

 

If we can focus on moving Iggy and Anderson in separate deals for picks and cap space (maybe attaching Rabb and Grayson if need be) I'm totally locked in on this roster each and every night to compete. Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we could stash him one more year on the hustle then bring him up next season. Should have locked in on him with our other 2 way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizzdafuture said:

Greetings guys! Use to be a pretty frequent here on the board and once I got to college and life happened, as well as the grizzlies sulking the past few years as well, I haven't really been on here much. But with excitement being at an all time time high right now I had to get back in here.

What I wanted to get you guys' opinion on is should we find a way to bring up Tyler Harvey and let a few of the non-guaranteed guys go. I'm even open to pairing a few guys together to shed some spots to bring him in. Hear me out.

Our PG spot is pretty sowed up right now with Ja and Tyus and I believe Melton shows alot of promise as combo guard. Our 3 looks decent with Crowder, Jackson, and Caboclo. PF is solidified with with JJJ and BC. And JV with Plumlee is formidable if we can't move his expiring or find a replacement backup. At the 2 spot, Dillon is OK but I've never been high on him as a starter, more of late career Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, 3 and D, 6th or 7th man type player. Grayson looked horrible to me in summer league. He has to force too much and his attitude I'm not too fond of with us starting a rebuild.

With Harvey, he's a 6-4 PG but showed alot of flashes of being a nice off ball player as well. He moves well without the ball, can drive and/or kick, and obviously was cold blooded from 3 which we have always needed desperately in Memphis. A back court of him and Ja to start our rebuild I think speeds up our young studs' development and also gives us another threat at the end of ball games. I also believe at 26 he can give us a great 6th man option if we happen to pickup more high profile SG later on or can stick in that spot as long as he continues to develop.

A squad like below that continually develops and barring a few tweaks could be scary a few years down the road I believe. 

 

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Harvey/Brooks

Crowder/Jackson/Bruno

JJJ/BC/Hill

JV/Plumlee

 

If we can focus on moving Iggy and Anderson in separate deals for picks and cap space (maybe attaching Rabb and Grayson if need be) I'm totally locked in on this roster each and every night to compete. Thoughts?

 

Just stop smh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tyler Harvey (and maybe Dusty Hannahs) will get some consideration if Ja, Tyus, or Melton get injured.  I wouldn't be surprised if they get 10-day contracts next season for some team(s).  They are both good shooters (with decent handles) and in today's game, that skill will give them a chance somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be up for one of Yuta/Harvey/Konchar getting a full-time contract and the other 2 staying on 2-way deals.  

I would package Rabb with whichever other guy we are trying to move (Iggy, Howard, Crowder, Hill, Plumlee).  I don't see a ton of minutes for Rabb.  He's basically a cheap 5th big man, but we already have 3 guys who basically do what he does (Jaren, Clarke, Bruno) -- and do it better.

I think Yuta as a jack-of-all-trades and potential point-forward might be the guy we should give a full-time contract to.  Even if he only projects as a long-term rotation guy.  

Konchar and Harvey get the 2 way deals... but one of the two starts when they are on the main roster (I would also give Grayson Allen, Dillon Brooks, and Josh Jackson opportunities to start at shooting guard).  I would probably start Jae Crowder at the 3 if we end up keeping him.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pjs said:

I think Tyler Harvey (and maybe Dusty Hannahs) will get some consideration if Ja, Tyus, or Melton get injured.  I wouldn't be surprised if they get 10-day contracts next season for some team(s).  They are both good shooters (with decent handles) and in today's game, that skill will give them a chance somewhere.

Dusty Hannah looked lost last year when he was with the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Dusty Hannah looked lost last year when he was with the team.

Lots of players do their first two games.  All I know is he can shoot and is a good basketball player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the best shooter at the 2 guard spot.  So if that is Konchar or Harvey or Dillon or whoever.  I kinda like Grayson on our 2nd team as the ISO bucket getter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am torn between who we should keep from the SL squad, Clarke is already a rotation guy and seems they will promote as they should Yuta to the team, I hope they resign him at least for 3 years, because the kid is good. They already signed Konchar to a two way and Hannahs deserve to keep his two way contract too.

They signed Guduric to be a scoring sg/sf, but we cant have enought of those, so I would still offer a 2 year contract to Harvey and keep him instead of Hill. Seems they have no faith that Jackson will pay off, so him to be waived/traded just as Iggy. That is 3 spots open for Yuta, Harvey and Caboclo to stay a couple of years and be molded into role solid role players for our team.

 

Ja/Tyus/Melton/Hannahs*

Dillon/Yuta/Harvey/Allen/Konchar*

SlowMo/Caboclo/Guduric

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Plumlee 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I want the best shooter at the 2 guard spot.  So if that is Konchar or Harvey or Dillon or whoever.  I kinda like Grayson on our 2nd team as the ISO bucket getter.  

I think Dillon is a little ahead of the curve and Konchar is not a shobter,  but I wouldn't be surprised if Yuta get a chance there too. Harvey has sixthman writen all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't need harvey. he's 3 years away from being a specialist and the grizzlies are 3 years away from competing. we can get harvey type players anytime we want them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

don't need harvey. he's 3 years away from being a specialist and the grizzlies are 3 years away from competing. we can get harvey type players anytime we want them.

Why would we go looking for a guy we already have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I am torn between who we should keep from the SL squad, Clarke is already a rotation guy and seems they will promote as they should Yuta to the team, I hope they resign him at least for 3 years, because the kid is good. They already signed Konchar to a two way and Hannahs deserve to keep his two way contract too.

They signed Guduric to be a scoring sg/sf, but we cant have enought of those, so I would still offer a 2 year contract to Harvey and keep him instead of Hill. Seems they have no faith that Jackson will pay off, so him to be waived/traded just as Iggy. That is 3 spots open for Yuta, Harvey and Caboclo to stay a couple of years and be molded into role solid role players for our team.

 

Ja/Tyus/Melton/Hannahs*

Dillon/Yuta/Harvey/Allen/Konchar*

SlowMo/Caboclo/Guduric

Jaren/Crowder/Clarke

JV/Plumlee 

 

When did Hannahs get a two-way contract?  Last I heard Yuta and Konchar were our two-ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Why would we go looking for a guy we already have?

we are too far away from anything to add players whose trajectory will be a specialist in the nba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

When did Hannahs get a two-way contract?  Last I heard Yuta and Konchar were our two-ways.

I think he got called up last year. But if he doesn't have just give him one.

 

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

we are too far away from anything to add players whose trajectory will be a specialist in the nba.

 

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

don't need harvey. he's 3 years away from being a specialist and the grizzlies are 3 years away from competing. we can get harvey type players anytime we want them.

I dont care if he is 26, he has at least 6 years of good basketball in him. He will probably be cheap than the competition in his position, which makes him easier to move or waive if necessary.

Even if he took 3 years to be a major contributor he will be in our window, and I bet he would impact winning games way before that period of time. We always needed those scoring specialists, and to add Harvey and Guduric, and maybe Hannahs, in the same year, would do wonders for our bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pjs said:

Lots of players do their first two games.  All I know is he can shoot and is a good basketball player.

Do we know he's a good basketball player? We know he can shoot I'm not sure we can go further than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

When did Hannahs get a two-way contract?  Last I heard Yuta and Konchar were our two-ways.

I believe he is talking about training camp invites not actual contract players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe he is talking about training camp invites not actual contract players.

How many players do we have already?  We already have some trimming to do to the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I think he got called up last year. But if he doesn't have just give him one.

You're only allowed 2 two-way contract players, so if we give him one someone else gets cut.  Only 20 players are allowed on the roster for training camp.  We're pretty close to that now.  If they trim the roster and give him a non-guaranteed training camp contract, fine I guess, but I don't really know any roster players I'd cut to sign him.  He's 6'4" so a little undersized for SG.  We already have 3 PGs on the regular roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

How many players do we have already?  We already have some trimming to do to the roster.

Currently I believe there are 18 players under contract.

The solid players are Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr, Brandon Clarke, Dillon Brooks, Tyus Jones, Jae Crowder, De’Anthony Melton, Josh Jackson, Kyle Anderson, Grayson Allen and Jonas Valanciunas.John Konchar (on a two way contract) is safe as well. The probable players include Bruno Caboclo and Miles Plumlee.

Ivan Rabb has an option that was extended to a later date. I’d be shocked if he remains on the team after training camp. Yuta is not guaranteed but he’s on a two way and is popular. I’d be surprised if he is released.

Andre Iquodala, Solomon Hill and Dwight Howard are all buy-out/trade possibilities. Personally I’d bet on Iggy being traded but that could entail more contracts coming back. The Front Office doesn’t appear keen to buy our players at this time so that may be difficult. Hill and Howard seem difficult to trade however.

Then there is the Serbian wildcard. There have been convincing rumors that Marco Guduric has been bought out of his contract overseas so he can join the Grizzlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Currently I believe there are 18 players under contract.

The solid players are Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson Jr, Brandon Clarke, Dillon Brooks, Tyus Jones, Jae Crowder, De’Anthony Melton, Josh Jackson, Kyle Anderson, Grayson Allen and Jonas Valanciunas.John Konchar (on a two way contract) is safe as well. The probable players include Bruno Caboclo and Miles Plumlee.

Ivan Rabb has an option that was extended to a later date. I’d be shocked if he remains on the team after training camp. Yuta is not guaranteed but he’s on a two way and is popular. I’d be surprised if he is released.

Andre Iquodala, Solomon Hill and Dwight Howard are all buy-out/trade possibilities. Personally I’d bet on Iggy being traded but that could entail more contracts coming back. The Front Office doesn’t appear keen to buy our players at this time so that may be difficult. Hill and Howard seem difficult to trade however.

Then there is the Serbian wildcard. There have been convincing rumors that Marco Guduric has been bought out of his contract overseas so he can join the Grizzlies.

Yeah, that's the way I'm seeing it too.  Yuta had a pretty decent SL when he played, so I'm guessing that they keep him on his two-way.  Ivan had a poor showing in SL, so I'm guessing he is most likely cut or included as filler in a trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, grizzdafuture said:

Greetings guys! Use to be a pretty frequent here on the board and once I got to college and life happened, as well as the grizzlies sulking the past few years as well, I haven't really been on here much. But with excitement being at an all time time high right now I had to get back in here.

What I wanted to get you guys' opinion on is should we find a way to bring up Tyler Harvey and let a few of the non-guaranteed guys go. I'm even open to pairing a few guys together to shed some spots to bring him in. Hear me out.

Our PG spot is pretty sowed up right now with Ja and Tyus and I believe Melton shows alot of promise as combo guard. Our 3 looks decent with Crowder, Jackson, and Caboclo. PF is solidified with with JJJ and BC. And JV with Plumlee is formidable if we can't move his expiring or find a replacement backup. At the 2 spot, Dillon is OK but I've never been high on him as a starter, more of late career Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, 3 and D, 6th or 7th man type player. Grayson looked horrible to me in summer league. He has to force too much and his attitude I'm not too fond of with us starting a rebuild.

With Harvey, he's a 6-4 PG but showed alot of flashes of being a nice off ball player as well. He moves well without the ball, can drive and/or kick, and obviously was cold blooded from 3 which we have always needed desperately in Memphis. A back court of him and Ja to start our rebuild I think speeds up our young studs' development and also gives us another threat at the end of ball games. I also believe at 26 he can give us a great 6th man option if we happen to pickup more high profile SG later on or can stick in that spot as long as he continues to develop.

A squad like below that continually develops and barring a few tweaks could be scary a few years down the road I believe. 

 

Ja/Tyus/Melton

Harvey/Brooks

Crowder/Jackson/Bruno

JJJ/BC/Hill

JV/Plumlee

 

If we can focus on moving Iggy and Anderson in separate deals for picks and cap space (maybe attaching Rabb and Grayson if need be) I'm totally locked in on this roster each and every night to compete. Thoughts?

 

Scrub love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harvey needs to hit the weights, work on going to his right, and keep developing his range.

During next season, I certainly wouldn't be against giving him a few games here and there during the season.

Can't be any worse than some of the guys the org has rolled out these past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, that's the way I'm seeing it too.  Yuta had a pretty decent SL when he played, so I'm guessing that they keep him on his two-way.  Ivan had a poor showing in SL, so I'm guessing he is most likely cut or included as filler in a trade.

I'm going cut. I know it got pushed back to October but I think the ship has sailed on him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now