10SC-2-TOKYO

Brandon Clarke leads Grizzlies past Pelicans into NBA summer league championship game

4 hours ago, Allen said:

And then we won in 2012. 

Is 3 titles in 7 years a dynasty?

josh Selby was M.V,P OF the summer league and out of the N.B,A  the following year

3 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

Cornering the market on summer league MVPs. 

JV

Kyle Anderson

Tyus Jones

B C 

I hear Glen Rice Jr. is available...

Clarke should start at the 5 and Jaren should start at the 4.  Jaren can step out and shoot 3s whenever he wants and Clarke is already an elite interior despite his size and wingspan.  Jonas will be 6th man.  This ensures that we play young and fast with good defense.  Clarke is a much better defender than JV.

51 minutes ago, lions said:

josh Selby was M.V,P OF the summer league and out of the N.B,A  the following year

He’s the only one in the last decade plus not to have an NBA career. He was the co MVP with Lillard that year. Selby is the exception and not the rule when it comes to summer league MVPs completely flaming out.

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/07/13/memphis-grizzlies-roster-zach-kleimans-vision-materializing/1670431001/

Good article one comment caught my eye as I read it. 

But what is clear is that the Grizzlies are all-in on building around Morant and Jackson.

Jenkins also mentioned Clarke with that duo this past week.

"We’re going to surround Ja and Jaren and Brandon with guys that are going to work hard," Jenkins said.

I think that is correct view because BC should've been a top 10 lottery pick in this draft.   He shouldn't be judged by his draft position. 

Taking into consideration that a future starting lineup SHOULD include those 3.   How do you build around that?   

Finding a young deadeye shooting wing has to be at top of the list.   Then developing Ja and BC 3pt shooting prowess will allow them to fill in anybody at the 5th spot.   Otherwise we will need more shooting. 

This could be the Grizzlies best draft so far

5 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

FWIW, The Ringer was very high on him - Jonathan Tjarks had him #3 on his big board, Danny Chau had him #4, and Kevin O'Connor had him #7.

The Stepien really liked the guy too.

2 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

I hear Glen Rice Jr. is available...

As is Selby. I am guessing. If Rice 2.0 can hit shots then we should look into him.... we need to load up on shooting...

Should Tyler Harvey start at the 2 guard spot for us?  Can shoot the lights out, score, handle the ball a bit, and he is 6'4.  As far as skill set/fit goes, Harvey might be the guy.

I,m PRAYING Memphis can find there first SUPER STAR in team history in this DRAFT . I would Love too see Brandon Clark turn into a Charles Barley type of Player.

2 minutes ago, lions said:

I,m PRAYING Memphis can find there first SUPER STAR in team history in this DRAFT . I would Love too see Brandon Clark turn into a Charles Barley type of Player.

He needs to work on shooting and ballhandler, also stop diving in every screen😅. But the kid is good; I dont say a superstar or even a star, but he might be a good pairing with Jaren as the frontcourt of the future.

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Should Tyler Harvey start at the 2 guard spot for us?  Can shoot the lights out, score, handle the ball a bit, and he is 6'4.  As far as skill set/fit goes, Harvey might be the guy.

Lot to like, but roster is overflowing now.

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

He needs to work on shooting and ballhandler, also stop diving in every screen😅. But the kid is good; I dont say a superstar or even a star, but he might be a good pairing with Jaren as the frontcourt of the future.

Also Clarke doesnt stop, his motor is superstar like.

BC's defense is legit. Love that he goes straight up without coming down with his hands on the opponents. 

He might not be long, but his speed off the bounce and verticality are real pluses. 

Im not sure why we keep asking where these guys are going to play. the game has gone to constant switching, so that means most of our front court is going to have to be able to slow down pg's and sg.. the question is can BC Bruno and JJJ do that? i say yes, so that means they can play any forward position. except JJJ at the 3 of course. 

Feels good to be a champion this morning 

8 hours ago, On My Grizzlie said:

Im not sure why we keep asking where these guys are going to play. the game has gone to constant switching, so that means most of our front court is going to have to be able to slow down pg's and sg.. the question is can BC Bruno and JJJ do that? i say yes, so that means they can play any forward position. except JJJ at the 3 of course. 

JJJ said he wants to play like Giannis so let's not rule that out 🤔🤔

8 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

BC's defense is legit. Love that he goes straight up without coming down with his hands on the opponents. 

He might not be long, but his speed off the bounce and verticality are real pluses. 

In the clips of training Jenkins had them really working on that, Yuta was doing it really well in the games he played too.

8 hours ago, On My Grizzlie said:

Agreed. We have the players - we'll figure it out later. These things work them out when you have the talent, though the rotation with JV and Clarke is going to be awkward.

Yuta should be on the main roster next season. Dude can ball. 

17 hours ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Clarke should start at the 5 and Jaren should start at the 4.  Jaren can step out and shoot 3s whenever he wants and Clarke is already an elite interior despite his size and wingspan.  Jonas will be 6th man.  This ensures that we play young and fast with good defense.  Clarke is a much better defender than JV.

You say that but he's never even played in an actual NBA game.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Parsons_Refund said:

My starting line up....

I would put JJJ at the three, Clarke at the four, JV at the five.

JA at the one.    Dillion, or SloMo, or Grayson at the two.