Sign in to follow this  
Grizzfan7979

Who are the scrubs on our team?

This is actually a primer for the board so they can reference in future instead of moaning about how they wish we hadn't given up on  . . .

Scrubs:

Solomon Hill

Bruno

Ivan Rabb

Yuta

TBD (but probably are):

Grayson Allen

Konchar

Melton

Not scrubs:

Ja

JJJ

Iggy

JV

Plumlee

T. Jones

Slomo

Crowder

Brooks

Brandon Clarke

Headcases (mental scrubs):

Howard

Josh Jackson

Only the bolded players are actually meaningful NBA players.

Just now, The Stro Show said:

don’t agree with a lot of this, but the one that stands out is Miles Plumlee. Isn’t he the definition of a scrub? 

Plumlee has been in the NBA for 10-11 years, always in a backup big/4th big man kind of role. He's a back-end rotation player who's probably on his way out, but he isn't a scrub

By scrub I mean somebody who's never done anything and never will. Plumlee is a journeyman but actually can do things (rebound, defend, shoot a high percentage on layups/dunks)

26 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Plumlee has been in the NBA for 10-11 years, always in a backup big/4th big man kind of role. He's a back-end rotation player who's probably on his way out, but he isn't a scrub

By scrub I mean somebody who's never done anything and never will. Plumlee is a journeyman but actually can do things (rebound, defend, shoot a high percentage on layups/dunks)

I don’t see how Hill and Plumlee aren’t in the same category then.

And Ja hasn’t done anything yet 

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don’t see how Hill and Plumlee aren’t in the same category then.

And Ja hasn’t done anything yet 

because I think Ja will do something in the NBA. He's the #2 pick in the draft.

Look at Hill's stats and tell me why he's in the league even. The only reason is a stupid contract that New Orleans gave him. Stupid contract doesn't unmake a scrub. His career FG% is 39% and he's 33% from 3. He's average defensively. He's just a scrub. If he were on a minimum deal he'd have been cut 2 years ago.

I guess the problem here is I don't have another category for relatively meaningless players like Plumlee.

I am not going to die on the Miles Plumlee hill. I just think Solomon Hill is way worse than Plumlee, how about that? I can squint and see where Plumlee can give you reserve-quality minutes. I can't do that with Solomon Hill.

23 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

because I think Ja will do something in the NBA. He's the #2 pick in the draft.

Look at Hill's stats and tell me why he's in the league even. The only reason is a stupid contract that New Orleans gave him. Stupid contract doesn't unmake a scrub. His career FG% is 39% and he's 33% from 3. He's average defensively. He's just a scrub. If he were on a minimum deal he'd have been cut 2 years ago.

I guess the problem here is I don't have another category for relatively meaningless players like Plumlee.

I am not going to die on the Miles Plumlee hill. I just think Solomon Hill is way worse than Plumlee, how about that? I can squint and see where Plumlee can give you reserve-quality minutes. I can't do that with Solomon Hill.

Hill was a solid defender in his prime. Look at Plumlees stats. The only reason Plumlee is in the league is because of his contract. They’re on the same level 

No way Bruno’s a scrub. Yuta obviously a scrub, he has potential. 

Plumlee most definitely a scrub tho

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

I hope plumlee doesn't read this board.

4 hours ago, King Dork said:

watch Yuta again... 

take a look at the way he does what he does.

he has the ability to do some things that we know he can do... have seen him do.

players are to follow the coach's orders. 

if you are told to not shoot... get the ball to player x - that's what you do.

Yuta is definitely not a scrub... 

BUT - he does fit the description of getting that 'scrub love' that we are famous for 🤪

7 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I hope plumlee doesn't read this board.

Why?

15 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

don’t agree with a lot of this, but the one that stands out is Miles Plumlee. Isn’t he the definition of a scrub? 

this and Bruno deserves a chance.

15 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Bruno isn't a scrub. We were better with him on the floor last year than when he sat. Plumlee is certainly a scrub. Yuta is TBD. He's got potential I think, but if he can't ever hit the 3 consistently then it'll be hard for him to find time. He's a good defender, and a pretty good finisher in the paint either at the rim or with his little midrange jumper. He's also shown pretty good passing ability. 

Bruno is a scrub from the neck up. He needs a fire lit under his backside. He has the tools to be a quality NBA player. Instead he is a 5 year vet playing in the summer league and doing nothing remarkable. He should be killing it in the summer league, but looks like he is just hanging out.

21 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Bruno is a scrub from the neck up. He needs a fire lit under his backside. He has the tools to be a quality NBA player. Instead he is a 5 year vet playing in the summer league and doing nothing remarkable. He should be killing it in the summer league, but looks like he is just hanging out.

Yeah no quality NBA player with experience should struggle in Summer League games. Jarrett Allen just posted 30/12 in 24 mins.  This is like the YMCA too him

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

45 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah no quality NBA player with experience should struggle in Summer League games. Jarrett Allen just posted 30/12 in 24 mins.  This is like the YMCA too him

Except Bruno isn’t that type of player. He’s a 3 an D guy. His biggest impact is defensively, and they have him playing the 5. Summer league is a bad gauge for him. 

21 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Except Bruno isn’t that type of player. He’s a 3 an D guy. His biggest impact is defensively, and they have him playing the 5. Summer league is a bad gauge for him. 

Agreed. Bruno will be fine. His 3 point shot hasn't been falling consistently which has obviously hurt his stats. If he hit just 1 or 2 more a game we'd be talking about how well he was doing. He's still made a big impact defensively with blocks and deflections. He's been a good rebounder as well. He's probably never going to be a big time scorer, but that's okay. We don't need him to be once he's actually on the regular season team. 

23 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Are you kidding Jarrett Allen averages 10 points. He is just a decent role player himself.

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Agreed. Bruno will be fine. His 3 point shot hasn't been falling consistently which has obviously hurt his stats. If he hit just 1 or 2 more a game we'd be talking about how well he was doing. He's still made a big impact defensively with blocks and deflections. He's been a good rebounder as well. He's probably never going to be a big time scorer, but that's okay. We don't need him to be once he's actually on the regular season team. 

We don’t need him to score on the summer league team, as long as my boy Dusty gets burn!! #GetDustyToTheGrizzlies

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Are you kidding Jarrett Allen averages 10 points. He is just a decent role player himself.

Jarrett Allen has AllStar potential. Bruno has 5th starter potential. 2 different levels 

28 minutes ago, King Dork said:

5 is the best spot for him right now in SL cause he hasn't been doing anything from the wing his perimeter skills just aren't there, His best position is stretch 4. So him playing 5 in a lineup next to Clarke is pretty much what he would be doing on the main team.

5 minutes ago, King Dork said:

We don’t need him to score on the summer league team, as long as my boy Dusty gets burn!! #GetDustyToTheGrizzlies

Jarrett Allen has AllStar potential. Bruno has 5th starter potential. 2 different levels 

Dusty can't defend to save his life thankfully he is a very good shooter when he gets space and time to line up his shot.

The most impressive player on the SL team has easily been Harvey but he's 100% a Gunner off the bench to come in and take shots. He tries on defense but his playmaking for others is non existent. 

5 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Dusty can't defend to save his life thankfully he is a very good shooter when he gets space and time to line up his shot.

The most impressive player on the SL team has easily been Harvey but he's 100% a Gunner off the bench to come in and take shots. He tries on defense but his playmaking for others is non existent. 

Yeah dusty can’t defend a biscuit, and no I don’t actually think he should make the team. But still, #GetDustyToTheGrizzlies

42 minutes ago, King Dork said:

If he was viewed as a 3 and D guy by the F.O., would he be playing summer league as a 5 year vet? I think the F.O. is not sold on him.

I believe everyone is in agreement that Bruno has the physical ability to be a good team contributor. The thing is that it has taken 5 years for him to get where he is today. At the pace it has taken for him to get better, he is running out of time. He needs to show more improvement over a shorter amount of time.

14 hours ago, King Dork said:

Agreed. Though Plumlee ia a"functional"scrub. He is who he is. 8-12 of the bench, or to be used in case of emergency. Plumlee knows all the ins and outs of the NBA, just lacks talent or athletic abilities to be "non-scrub". As an NBA player he top-out.