kevofrommempho

To convey or not to convey

To convey or not to convey?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather the Grizzlies...

• Convey the pick in 2020
    • Or pick in the top 6 in 2020

21 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

He is going to play in Memphis this year I hear.

His NZ team plays the the Grizzlies in preseason, as well as the Thunder.

Might have to drive down and catch that one.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, ALT GRIND said:

Play to convey. Try to give Boston a pick in the 8-10 range at worst.  

I am thinking even if we get a top 6 pick, no guarantee we make the playoffs in 2021. And supposedly that is a "better" draft at the top.  

Our FO/scouts/Chris Wallace should do a 2020 and 2021 combined big board to optimize when we should pick.  Which draft has more relative value at most spots?  Maybe we would be better off at 6 this in 2020 than 6 in 2021 but better in the top 3 in 2021.  Mid/late first we probably don't know yet.  Those spots are usually fluid.  

We would also need to be the 2nd worst team in the league in order to be assured of keeping our pick.  That would be a LONG year.  Obviously you wanna be in the playoffs OR luck into the top 10 pick, but giving Boston a pick at 10 would be a pretty good option.  Then you get the rebuild done by 2021.  

If you compare the 2018 and 2019 drafts you probably want Zion over Ayton (top picks although Ayton is pretty underrated now and Zion was probably MASSIVELY overrated before the draft) as dueling top picks. Then I would go for Morant over the Bag Man.  But 3-4-5 maybe you favor the 2018 guys (Luka/Jaren/Trae) over Barrett/Hunter/Garland. 2018's depth was overrated maybe. 2019 depth was underrated (but fairly rated later on, into the draft, and right now). So you just don't know.

Only completely inept FO can pass Luka as number 1....but what can you expect from Suns and Kings...they really should merge as the Sun Kings.

56 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Only completely inept FO can pass Luka as number 1....but what can you expect from Suns and Kings...they really should merge as the Sun Kings.

DeAndre Ayton was the concensus number one pick by nearly every draft prognosticator.  There was nothing inept about the Suns' pick.  Luka may end up being the better selection, but there is no guarantee, they have only played one season.  There were questions as to whether or not Luka's game would be effective in the NBA, apparently it is.  Like I said, there was nothing inept about the Suns selection, but they have made a lot of other head scratching, crazy dumb moves.