Sign in to follow this  
Ole Dirty Klondike

Official: Russ to Rockets for CP3

18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The Rockets would do better trying to trade Russ for a group of Miami's role players.  Starting with Winslow/Bam if possible. They need depth not a fake star.

Actually that's a pretty good idea.   The Rockets got rid of CP3's big contract.   And if they trade Russ, then Harden will be the guy with the ball most of the time.

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is the Thunder franchise imploding? 

I see Stephens Adams (trade rumors), CP3,  Gallinari as their big three.    I don't think they are going very far with that line up.   

IMO this is a horrible trade for Houston.  Russ is the most dominant on the ball PG in the league.  How will that work with James Harden who is the best scorer in the league?  I know they played together before but that was at a totally different point in their careers and that was team was clearly KD's team, he was the ALPHA DOG and it wasn't close.  Russ is a stat hog now and a terrible decision maker.  Do you think that Russ is going to defer to Harden at end of games?  I don't. 

Last season Harden and Westbrook combined for over 700 turnovers. Houston might need to require courtside fans to wear protective head gear this season. 😄

31 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Last season Harden and Westbrook combined for over 700 turnovers. Houston might need to require courtside fans to wear protective head gear this season. 😄

For reference, during the 1996-1997 season, Jordan had a 33.2 USG% while Pippen had a 24.6 USG% (so, either Jordan or Pippen combined used 57.8% of the Bulls' possessions that year - a pretty wild number).

...Harden had a 40.5 USG% last year and Westbrook had a 30.9 USG% last year. If you combine them (and yes, I know both of theirs will go down when they team up, but this is fun) that'd be a 71.4% usage rate. El. oh. el. What could go wrong?! 

Both need to adjust their games. Harden could be more efficient if he'd just ever spot up for a 3. Let russ handle more PG duties and let harden actually play SG. Russ isn't a good shooter so putting him in a corner to Jack up 3s is a bad idea. Harden can and should still do his iso stuff and russ should be utilized as a cutter as well, but having russ be the main ball handler is the better move. 

This combo can work, they just need to adjust their games a little bit. If they both can increase their efficiencies (which should happen given they have each other creating open looks for each other), then they'll be lethal.