Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Boston Celtics - 7/11/19

54 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

He sounded like he was biased against Memphis, not towards.  It was getting tiresome listening to him.

dakich is a POS, he was definitely biased against memphis and was making snide comments about allen from the get go.

56 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Grayson Allen ain't getting cut for this game.  That's ridiculous.  If he continues to show that kind of immaturity they may tire of it and dump him, but not yet.

exactly, it's ridiculous the amount of people thinking that the team would cut him for this.  on another note, i'm actually surprised at the number of people on twitter and instagram defending him saying the 2nd flagrant foul was nothing and i still think the same.  he swiped hard, hit the ball and as part of williams' head as he continued to go up for the shot.  i've seen that same play hundreds of times called a common foul.  his block againt derek willis last game was almost an identical swipe except he got all ball.  if anything, he should've been T'd up and ejected for the first flagrant which was far worse IMO and jenkins should've just taken him out after the first one.  he didn't have any incidents w/ utah, so hopefully this is isolated.

Believing the Grizz would cut Allen for this ridiculous event in a Summer league game is very revealing. Also..

Dakich, I think it was, is one of the more intolerable announcers I've heard. Absolutely the worst. Just a good ole boy with zero to add to the conversation, constantly ****ting on Memphis. I literally turned the volume off.

6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Believing the Grizz would cut Allen for this ridiculous event in a Summer league game is very revealing. Also..

Dakich, I think it was, is one of the more intolerable announcers I've heard. Absolutely the worst. Just a good ole boy with zero to add to the conversation, constantly ****ting on Memphis. I literally turned the volume off.

he's horrible.  he's bad w/ college games but he's been far worse for summer league.  complete holier than thou as if his sh*t don't stink.  he gets in beef with anyone, quite notably with frank kaminsky.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

He sounded like he was biased against Memphis, not towards.  It was getting tiresome listening to him.

That's what I meant yea I don't like him very much

29 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

exactly, it's ridiculous the amount of people thinking that the team would cut him for this.  on another note, i'm actually surprised at the number of people on twitter and instagram defending him saying the 2nd flagrant foul was nothing and i still think the same.  he swiped hard, hit the ball and as part of williams' head as he continued to go up for the shot.  i've seen that same play hundreds of times called a common foul.  his block againt derek willis last game was almost an identical swipe except he got all ball.  if anything, he should've been T'd up and ejected for the first flagrant which was far worse IMO and jenkins should've just taken him out after the first one.  he didn't have any incidents w/ utah, so hopefully this is isolated.

Nah that's probably how the whole tripping stuff started giving him extra opportunities to correct his mistake. Clearly Grayson needs to be humbled and getting waived after embarrassing your new franchise in the SL might be what he needs. It's not like his play on the floor is good enough to warrant a second chance he has the same amount of techs and flagrants as made 3's.

It's ok they play Boston again Saturday maybe he will get to redeem himself, but that was embarrassing to become the topic of the game and it not be because of his play.

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Nah that's probably how the whole tripping stuff started giving him extra opportunities to correct his mistake. Clearly Grayson needs to be humbled and getting waived after embarrassing your new franchise in the SL might be what he needs. It's not like his play on the floor is good enough to warrant a second chance he has the same amount of techs and flagrants as made 3's.

It's ok they play Boston again Saturday maybe he will get to redeem himself, but that was embarrassing to become the topic of the game and it not be because of his play.

C'mon Ndq, how many games has he played with the Grizzlies organization?  How many games did he have a problem?  I think the second flagrant was not nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be.  He got a lot of ball.  That would've been a common foul if the earlier incident had not happened.  The refs just overreacted.

14 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

C'mon Ndq, how many games has he played with the Grizzlies organization?  How many games did he have a problem?  I think the second flagrant was not nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be.  He got a lot of ball.  That would've been a common foul if the earlier incident had not happened.  The refs just overreacted.

He got a tech in his first or second game, he's only played 3 games. It's not like he's Tyler Herro out here he's not even doing anything basketball wise to help justify his actions. He's playing poorly and he can't control is emotions. 

I was slightly joking about waving him but I wouldn't care if it happened but he needs to be humbled cause clearly it didn't happen at Duke. 

Idk how you humble NBA players but I'd make that Guduric announcement just to let him know he doesn't have a secure spot as that scorer/shooter off the bench.

19 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Can't blame the reffs he caused all of that with the initial tech then the stupid flagrant he should have know the spotlight was on him so doing anything stupid would be costly. That's a maturity issue.

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He got a tech in his first or second game, he's only played 3 games. It's not like he's Tyler Herro out here he's not even doing anything basketball wise to help justify his actions. He's playing poorly and he can't control is emotions. 

I was slightly joking about waving him but I wouldn't care if it happened but he needs to be humbled cause clearly it didn't happen at Duke. 

Idk how you humble NBA players but I'd make that Guduric announcement just to let him know he doesn't have a secure spot as that scorer/shooter off the bench.

Yea the issue with Grayson is that he isn't a 19y and has a long history of this type of behavior.     Coach K couldn't control him after 4 years so why would we think a rookie coach can reach him?     Losing your cool in a SL game has to be the lowest of the low.   Young man needs therapy and anger management.    
Going back to my one knucklehead rule.    We already have Josh Jackson on roster - if we are investing in redemption story then you invest in one with the potential of highest rate of return.   Grayson ceiling is a bench rotation player.  I'd rather spend that energy on the former lottery pick with the AllStar ceiling. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea the issue with Grayson is that he isn't a 19y and has a long history of this type of behavior.     Coach K couldn't control him after 4 years so why would we think a rookie coach can reach him?     Losing your cool in a SL game has to be the lowest of the low.   Young man needs therapy and anger management.    
Going back to my one knucklehead rule.    We already have Josh Jackson on roster - if we are investing in redemption story then you invest in one with the potential of highest rate of return.   Grayson ceiling is a bench rotation player.  I'd rather spend that energy on the former lottery pick with the AllStar ceiling. 

I would agree with you but I think Jackson is about to get a harsh punishment. I don't think he's worth the hassle either after reading this.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2019/06/20/josh-jackson-phoenix-suns-accused-getting-infant-high/1512377001/

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I would agree with you but I think Jackson is about to get a harsh punishment. I don't think he's worth the hassle either after reading this.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2019/06/20/josh-jackson-phoenix-suns-accused-getting-infant-high/1512377001/

Since January, Jackson, 22, and the child's mother, Lorena Villela, 41, have been in Family Court addressing paternity, child support and other issues involving the baby, who was born in January. 

Villela claimed she smelled marijuana multiple times when picking up her child from Jackson's home. 

I aint saying she lying but i do know things get real ugly when it comes to custody battles and such.   There is also a monetary payment difference when you share custody versus having full custody.   I don't know her motivations but i am just saying. 

He smokes too much weed no doubt but i think smoking cigarettes around small children is worse.    Donny Nelson owns a weed farm.    Majority of NBA athletes smoke weed.   

I think he suffers from lack of maturity but i don't think he is purposely trying to harm his own child.    Just like i don't think sneaking into a VIP section is a criminal act.     All of that stuff shows his lack of maturity and dumb decision making for sure.   

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Since January, Jackson, 22, and the child's mother, Lorena Villela, 41, have been in Family Court addressing paternity, child support and other issues involving the baby, who was born in January. 

Villela claimed she smelled marijuana multiple times when picking up her child from Jackson's home. 

I aint saying she lying but i do know things get real ugly when it comes to custody battles and such.   There is also a monetary payment difference when you share custody versus having full custody.   I don't know her motivations but i am just saying. 

He smokes too much weed no doubt but i think smoking cigarettes around small children is worse.    Donny Nelson owns a weed farm.    Majority of NBA athletes smoke weed.   

I think he suffers from lack of maturity but i don't think he is purposely trying to harm his own child.    Just like i don't think sneaking into a VIP section is a criminal act.     All of that stuff shows his lack of maturity and dumb decision making for sure.   

Yea but he could be made an example of I know alot of the league smokes, me personally I'm pro smoke. But it's illegal in the league and he was trying to get his drug test sealed. So I'm assuming he knows he's goin to fail it. But if he's a real smoker he should never fail a DT.

I honestly don't want to deal with any projects unless they are the raw talent type projects. Guys like Bruno eventho he annoyed me last night those are the types of projects they should be taking on

6 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea but he could be made an example of I know alot of the league smokes, me personally I'm pro smoke. But it's illegal in the league and he was trying to get his drug test sealed. So I'm assuming he knows he's goin to fail it. But if he's a real smoker he should never fail a DT.

I honestly don't want to deal with any projects unless they are the raw talent type projects. Guys like Bruno eventho he annoyed me last night those are the types of projects they should be taking on

I hear you but i think he is worth a look at least.   Get him to training camp and evaluate at that point.   I wouldn't be surprised if he is staying put dealing with his legal issues (because he is relocating).  Also it may be wise for such an immature dude to stay away from Vegas?!? 

If neither Grayson or Josh pan out we still have DeAnthony and Marko to groom at SG.  Not to mention another shot in 2020 draft. 

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I hear you but i think he is worth a look at least.   Get him to training camp and evaluate at that point.   I wouldn't be surprised if he is staying put dealing with his legal issues (because he is relocating).  Also it may be wise for such an immature dude to stay away from Vegas?!? 

If neither Grayson or Josh pan out we still have DeAnthony and Marko to groom at SG.  Not to mention another shot in 2020 draft. 

Oh well I do want them to at least try him out just saying he should be on a 1 strike leash

2 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I don't trust any man who gets with a woman 19 years older than him.  Sorry not sorry.

Cmon man..  When i was in my early 20s.. let's just say I woulda been one untrustworthy dude. 

#CougarsMakeGreatTeachers

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I believe we should go after Gordon from the Rockets, trade Iggy straight for him, they get a veteran for the bench (they have Westbrook so they dont need a sg, better get a forward they can use).

For us Gordon would be perfect for a year, and we might resign him to become our sixthman next year

12 hours ago, grizz09 said:

dakich is a POS, he was definitely biased against memphis and was making snide comments about allen from the get go.

I think its more duke hate he's awful.

12 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Grayson Allen ain't getting cut for this game.  That's ridiculous.  If he continues to show that kind of immaturity they may tire of it and dump him, but not yet.

Is he playing his way into a 2 way contract?

Grayson, Yuta, and Konchar are probably fighting over those things.

I would see if I could get a lightly protected future 2nd round pick for Ivan Rabb.  He's not that good, but at his contract he offers decent value as power forward/rebounding depth.  I think he needs a more structured offense, too.  We should see if the Lakers, Clippers or Rockets want/need him.  Or, maybe the Warriors.  Golden State doesn't have a whole lot, and probably doesn't wanna spend a whole lot of money trying to get it.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Cmon man..  When i was in my early 20s.. let's just say I woulda been one untrustworthy dude. 

#CougarsMakeGreatTeachers

Teachers make great cougars

7 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Is he playing his way into a 2 way contract?

Grayson, Yuta, and Konchar are probably fighting over those things.

I would see if I could get a lightly protected future 2nd round pick for Ivan Rabb.  He's not that good, but at his contract he offers decent value as power forward/rebounding depth.  I think he needs a more structured offense, too.  We should see if the Lakers, Clippers or Rockets want/need him.  Or, maybe the Warriors.  Golden State doesn't have a whole lot, and probably doesn't wanna spend a whole lot of money trying to get it.

How do you play your way into a two-way contract if you're already on a guaranteed contract?

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

How do you play your way into a two-way contract if you're already on a guaranteed contract?

EDIT: Is Grayson Allen playing his way into a buy-out?

Ok.

Yuta Watanabe and Grayson Allen get the last two full-time roster spots.

Only play Yuta at home.

Only play Grayson ON THE ROAD.

11 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

EDIT: Is Grayson Allen playing his way into a buy-out?

Better, but I think you guys are making too big of a deal out of a summer league game.  Let Coach Jenkins figure it out in training camp.