Sign in to follow this  
Dwash

2020 NBA Draft

26 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Agree with all this but they should have the minutes to try and develop both former Suns. Melton's a combo guard. Jackson's more of a 3 that can play the 2 or 4 if needed.

You are right, I probably should have said I'm more excited to see how Melton develops than I am to see Jackson.

I feel like they have to give Jackson minutes just to make sure they know what they want to do with his option. When is that again? How many games into the season before we have to decide? It's probably too high, at nearly $9M, so I imagine we decline it either way. 

7 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

I feel like they have to give Jackson minutes just to make sure they know what they want to do with his option. When is that again? How many games into the season before we have to decide? It's probably too high, at nearly $9M, so I imagine we decline it either way. 

I think you have to decide right after camp ends.

19 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I think you have to decide right after camp ends.

October 31st is the deadline - so the Grizzlies will have training camp, preseason and 4 regular season games as additional information before making the decision.

1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

October 31st is the deadline - so the Grizzlies will have training camp, preseason and 4 regular season games as additional information before making the decision.

Well... guess he'll be playing for his job this season then. Can't feel too sorry for him, being a millionaire and all.

At least he got that felony dropped!

While I'm not expecting much from Jackson, there is one potential lineup with him in it that intrigues me. Can you imagine the defensive potential of this lineup:

1 - Melton

2 - Jackson

3 - Anderson

4 - Caboclo

5 - JJJ

Not sure where the points would come from on offense but that lineup would have some serious potential on the defensive end. Anderson could be the de facto point guard on offense if Melton is not up to the task.

3 hours ago, KyleB said:

While I'm not expecting much from Jackson, there is one potential lineup with him in it that intrigues me. Can you imagine the defensive potential of this lineup:

1 - Melton

2 - Jackson

3 - Anderson

4 - Caboclo

5 - JJJ

Not sure where the points would come from on offense but that lineup would have some serious potential on the defensive end. Anderson could be the de facto point guard on offense if Melton is not up to the task.

Sorry but i just unable to imagine a world where JV is not a star.

10 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Sorry but i just unable to imagine a world where JV is not a star.

What world have you imagined for the last 7 seasons?

4 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

I meant after preseason. But yeah that sounds about right.

4 hours ago, KyleB said:

1 - Melton

2 - Jackson

3 - Anderson

4 - Caboclo

5 - JJJ

I can imagine the defensive efficiency of the other team that faces that lineup.