Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

AB signs with the Lakers

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I guess that is just the way it is.

ūüė† Worst outcome, loosing him and see him join Lebron¬†

Just now, Ja_Rules said:

ūüė† Worst outcome, loosing him and see him join Lebron¬†

Who cares AB only play like 10 game for us .....

I'm happy for him, I would have loved to have him here, but this way he can actually compete for a championship. If he plays there like he played for us, I think they actually will win the championship. 

Wouldn't be something, trade Gasol he gets a championship, waive AB and now he may win 1 also. We shall see, Grizz had 3 players score the most points in a game that they ever scored, that showed me they had balanced scoring, now all they have is mostly scrubs. AB 19th pick DW 20th pick, there went a good backcourt.

1 hour ago, grizz1016 said:

AB and DW must be studs. Big loss for the Grizz supposedly 

For me it is, doesn't matter that much players age. For the next contract, both would be on good role, at good price and with a age that fits their salary/role. We need some nice veterans to get around those young kids.

It's not the player's age. If they were studs, they would have gotten better contracts. If they were studs, they wouldn't be career journeyman. It's quite something to see Grizz fans lose sleep over AB (who wanted nothing to do with the team after his injury) and DW (who wants to be a starter). They are decent role players and that's about it. 

Do you have a brain? DW was with his 2nd team when he was with the Grizz, being with 2 teams doesn't make anyone a journeyman. AB played 7 seasons with the Celtics before becoming the odd man out because of all the draft picks the Celtics had. He was also a 2 time member of the nba defensive team. GET REAL.

Do you have a brain? DW was a 3rd string PG and is now on his 3rd team. 

AB is getting paid 9M over 2 yrs.

These guys are the definition of decent role players and journeyman. Nothing wrong with that...they still get to play professionally.

But for you to lose your everloving mind on not getting these 2 role players on the team is insanity at its finest.

We would have won a few more games with AB in the lineup ... but not enough to make playoffs.  It's a development year, so FO did right thing for Grizzlies and AB.