chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Phoenix Suns - 7/9/2019

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, July 9, 6:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Phoenix Suns

Television: NBATV

Memphis Radio: 

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Tyler Harvey Grayson Allen Yuta Watanabe Bruno Caboclo Brandon Clarke
Image result for tyler harvey nba 1628960.png 1629139.png 203998.png 1629634.png

Suns Possible Starting 5

Billy Garrett Jared Harper Derek Willis James Palmer Jr Landry Nnoko
Image result for billy garrett nba Image result for JAred Harper Nba Image result for Derek Willis nba Image result for james palmer jr nba Image result for Landry Nnoko nba

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Keenan Evans, Dusty Hannahs, John Konchar, Doral Moore, Ivan Rabb, Simisola ****tu, Peyton Aldridge, Shaq Buchanan, Lyle Hexom, Ben Lawson, Paris Lee, Doral Moore, 

Phoenix:  Jalen Lecque, Retin Obasahon, Elie Okobu, Rayvonte Rice, Ray Spaulding, Justin Tillman, Dakari Tucker, Xavier Cooks, Jack Salt

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Suns: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

2 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

tyler harvey looks familiar. 

slim. 

Front Office is Genius!!  They traded Tyler Harvey with a Whoopi Goldberg wig to Utah and we kept the real Mike Conley but changed his identity!  Now that the Free Agency signings are official - its too late for Utah to switch them back!! 

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Front Office is Genius!!  They traded Tyler Harvey with a Whoopi Goldberg wig to Utah and we kept the real Mike Conley but changed his identity!  Now that the Free Agency signings are official - its too late for Utah to switch them back!! 

Sweet! Lets see if PHX wants  a former 4th overall pick named J Jackson  for a couple 1st .

13 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

tyler harvey looks familiar. 

slim. 

Fixed. 

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Fixed. 

Thanks for this.  

Summer League photos are above and beyond the call of duty.  Hope Toke gives you a big raise.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Thanks for this.  

Summer League photos are above and beyond the call of duty.  Hope Toke gives you a big raise.

I hear he's having his salary doubled.

I like our summer league team may be they bring home the championship 

59 minutes ago, huneal said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/grizzlies-deanthony-melton-unlikely-to-play-in-las-vegas/

So no Deanthony for the rest of SL.  I wonder if one of the 4 guys (Harvey, Hannahs, Evans or Lee) battling for the point guard spot will separate himself from the pack. 

Oh so Melton had a back injury - well that makes even more sense why we are signing Tyus. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Oh so Melton had a back injury - well that makes even more sense why we are signing Tyus. 

i don't think signing tyus is related to melton's injury.  it was going to be delon or tyus as backup w/ melton as 3rd string no matter what.

1 hour ago, lions said:

I do too. Yuta, Clarke, Bruno, and Grayson can really play.  We have some other guys on the roster too.

I think we are the sleeper team -- if we can get some steady point guard play.  Keenan Evans might be our best one, or just let Yuta and Grayson run the show.  

I would also like to see a strong scoring/shooting game from Konchar.  

I think Shaq Buchanan has a bit of potential down the line.  

Doral is big but looks soft.  If he can get stronger and mix it up more he looks like a 10 day contract guy (or a potential 2 way player).  Can't teach size.  

At this point, the FO/Ministry of Scouting should focus on wing shooting/scoring with our next five 1st/2nd round picks.

Watch out for San Antonio.  Their team - even in summer league - is well drilled.  They made us look really bad in Utah......of course that was our scrub team, but they still looked good.

22 hours ago, lions said:

I think the team will start pulling guys they have a good read on, like Grayson and possibly Yuta.

like last year  pulling jjj the winner of that game goes to the summer league finals

If Ja was playin this team would rival that legendary Orlando league championship team

5 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Watch out for San Antonio.  Their team - even in summer league - is well drilled.  They made us look really bad in Utah......of course that was our scrub team, but they still looked good.

They played against our bench guys 

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think the team will start pulling guys they have a good read on, like Grayson and possibly Yuta.

Yea Yuta didnt start today so I'm assuming he's done

I guess Yuta may be resting this game but Konchar is playing and they rested on the same days last time I'm guess with the new additions to the roster the rest schedule changed

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Tough for Clarke to get involved when PG's arent looking for him.  

Don't have a pg on the court with Tyler shoot everything Harvey and Keenan Evans.....Paris Lee and Konchar would be his best bet to get action out of the pnr

Yea I guess since it's just summer league they try and get everyone some run but I've seen enough of Rabb, Harvey, Simi, Evans, Hexum.

Allen may not have movement off the bounce.

Harvey can score but he can't defend or play pg