WVgrizz

Tyus Jones, Grizzlies agree to $28 million offer sheet

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I wouldn't bet the ranch that Jones has more upside than Delon.

Delon has little upside left.  I liked Delon too,  but it's not like he was part of some long term plan and with cap space reliable backups can be picked up.  It's not that deep

9 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think a team can keep submitting offers, it's 1 and done.

The FOs probably negotiated before submitting the offer sheet.

9 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Jevon was nowhere close to being the player Delon is.

I meant Jevon my bad

29 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think a team can keep submitting offers, it's 1 and done.

Nope

negotiations went on between Grizz and Mavs

38 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I wouldn't bet the ranch that Jones has more upside than Delon.

I agree

34 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Delon has little upside left.  I liked Delon too,  but it's not like he was part of some long term plan and with cap space reliable backups can be picked up.  It's not that deep

Pascal Siakam... age cant tell you everything about players potential, I see Delon as a better backup than Jones for the amount of their contracts and the lenght of it (3 years).

11 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I agree

Pascal Siakam... age cant tell you everything about players potential, I see Delon as a better backup than Jones for the amount of their contracts and the lenght of it (3 years).

Pascam is younger than delon and been in the nba less time while playing less minutes. Delon is a solid back up but I doubt he'll make the leap Pascal did.  Granted these are all based on opinion but the reality is hewas never gonna be a long term piece,  and we got assets for him. 

People on this board have been doing this since Tarence Kinsley. 

Some random scrub has a couple good games in some meaningless games at the end of the season and people act like he is some kind of budding star. Did the same thing with Marshon. 

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

I agree. I believe Tyus has a ton more upside than Delon. 

When you break it down its like Tyus+Melton for Wright+Jevon, which is probably worse talent-wise currently. But add that better potential plus the 2nd rounders, it's another win for FO.

1 hour ago, Allen said:

People on this board have been doing this since Tarence Kinsley. 

Some random scrub has a couple good games in some meaningless games at the end of the season and people act like he is some kind of budding star. Did the same thing with Marshon. 

Marshon fizzled quickly didn't he

1 minute ago, gentlemanquartely said:

why didn't they match if he was "ALL"that?

Pushes them really close to tax and they can still match if they want.

Just now, IdrinkGuinness said:

Pushes them really close to tax and they can still match if they want.

i'd prefer it if they do.  i'd like another option than him.  all indicators point to he can't shoot either.

More Dukies added to the roster. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Did Minny rescind him?

Not yet that I know of. Just making an observation. 

Sean Deveney(@SeanDeveney) tweeted at 2019-07-08 14:00:
Sources tell me Tyus Jones is "excited" about moving on from Timberwolves to Grizzlies, who envision him playing with Ja Morant, not strictly as a backup. Minn has 3 days to match 3 yr, $29 mil deal that puts them near tax. Jones wants to help establish winning culture in Memphis

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Sean Deveney(@SeanDeveney) tweeted at 2019-07-08 14:00:
Sources tell me Tyus Jones is "excited" about moving on from Timberwolves to Grizzlies, who envision him playing with Ja Morant, not strictly as a backup. Minn has 3 days to match 3 yr, $29 mil deal that puts them near tax. Jones wants to help establish winning culture in Memphis

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

im liking the sound of this. 

slim. 

Mmmm....can't say I'm real excited about losing a more experience & taller player for a guy closer to Conley in height, especially since they both can backup PG and play SG.  I also find it interesting that some on here were claiming the Grizzlies couldn't tie that much money into a backup PG, when they just did basically the same deal.

While my preference would be to have kept Delon, I'm open to this being better for the Grizzlies, but I'm also open to comparing these two guys 6-9 months down the line to see how they compare.  

Just now, Grizzled Vet said:

Mmmm....can't say I'm real excited about losing a more experience & taller player for a guy closer to Conley in height, especially since they both can backup PG and play SG.  I also find it interesting that some on here were claiming the Grizzlies couldn't tie that much money into a backup PG, when they just did basically the same deal.

While my preference would be to have kept Delon, I'm open to this being better for the Grizzlies, but I'm also open to comparing these two guys 6-9 months down the line to see how they compare.  

You have to keep in mind that Delon wanted to leave and it appears Tyus wants to come here.    Delon has a real chance to be a starter in Dallas and Memphis couldn't offer that.   Memphis would've paid him if he wanted to be here. 

I don't view this as a player skill vs player skill evaluation.   There were other factors at play, which is why i am cool with the outcome.   Getting picks for a player that was only here half a season and signing elsewhere anyway is beyond shrewd. 

10 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I read Jones has incentives that could push it to 28m.

Likely incentives would also be added to his salary when he signs while unlikely are not added unless he reaches them.