WVgrizz

Tyus Jones, Grizzlies agree to $28 million offer sheet

59 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Besides AI, what other veterans don't want to be here?

That's a pretty big other don't you think? 

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Not if Iggy is the only one.

I believe Andre is the only "other" vet not wanting to be here. That means adding Delon by matching the Dallas offer would mean the team had two which is two too many in my humble opinion. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe Andre is the only "other" vet not wanting to be here. That means adding Delon by matching the Dallas offer would mean the team had two which is two too many in my humble opinion. 

Okay.

I gotta be honest, jevon Carter is kind of outplaying tyus Jones so far this year. It's going to suck if he actually ends up being pretty good. I liked him. 

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I gotta be honest, jevon Carter is kind of outplaying tyus Jones so far this year. It's going to suck if he actually ends up being pretty good. I liked him. 

I really hope Melton prove to be something because if he doesn't it will be difficult to chose Jones + Melton against Delon + Carter, of course we have Josh Jackson in that equation too

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah I could kinda see his upside if he started making jumpers like he is now. His shot really looks good now.

38 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I could kinda see his upside if he started making jumpers like he is now. His shot really looks good now.

He's even starting to finish some shots inside which I thought would easily be his biggest weakness since he isn't a great athlete. Oh well though, we still got two seconds for him and Josh Jackson/ Melton. One of those assets should be as good as him. 

Jevon is cool and i am happy for him.  But he isn't a PG.  He can't run an offense and isn't much of a passer.   He is PatBev with better offensive ceiling. 

I think once we get a chance to see Melton and/or Josh we will quickly forget about Jevon. 

Tyus had one bad game in which he missed every open shot he took in a game that we still managed to win. He also still managed to contribute with 5 assists off the bench. He plays within himself. He's going to be fine. More than fine. He's going to be the best backup we've ever had and I predict by a lot.