docjwe3

Kris Dunn possible sign and trade

According to HoopsRumors.com the Bulls and Grizzlies are discussing a possible Kris Dunn for Justin Holliday sign and trade.

Just now, docjwe3 said:

According to HoopsRumors.com the Bulls and Grizzlies are discussing a possible Kris Dunn for Justin Holliday sign and trade.

!!

Well I thought Dunn would get a look, especially if we let Delon go, but I thought it would be a trade for DH12

11 minutes ago, docjwe3 said:

JV likes, I prefer Delon than him, but now that he is gone I hope we make a 2 for 1 trade or maybe 3 for 2. Felicio is a ok backup, overpaid, but would help Caboclo a lot to have another brazilian in the team. Since we lost Stackhouse, that would be a good move for him.

This sign and trade may not happen.

Shams is now reporting that Timberwolves RFA Tyus Jones has agreed to a contract offer sheet from the Grizzlies.

Dunn would be nice but you would have to wonder, he's a 2016 lottery pick and has started most of the games he has played the last two years. Would they bring him in as the main backup or are they thinking about starting both? just throwing it out there. Was thinking the same thing about Delon if he would have stayed. 

Like I said in the free agency thread, I'm all for this. If he has a defined role as the backup PG, I think that makes him way more valuable. He won't have to do too much, he's already a very good passer, an improving shooter, and a good defender. I hope this trade goes through. 

1 minute ago, docjwe3 said:

Shams is now reporting that Timberwolves RFA Tyus Jones has agreed to a contract offer sheet from the Grizzlies.

Well, let's see if Minny matches:

1 minute ago, docjwe3 said:

I'm not happy with Jones. He's way worse than Delon, worse than Dunn as well. He's younger, but that's it. 

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, let's see if Minny matches:

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

I'm not happy with Jones. He's way worse than Delon, worse than Dunn as well. He's younger, but that's it. 

I hope they match this offer, what a crap, the lost Delon and overpaid him.

If we pay Tyus Jones 8 million a year, but are unwilling to pay Delon 9.5 a year, I'll be incredibly disappointed. He is flat out just not that good. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

If we pay Tyus Jones 8 million a year, but are unwilling to pay Delon 9.5 a year, I'll be incredibly disappointed. He is flat out just not that good. 

That for me is the main point, do they value Jones more than Delon? I like some youth movement but 4 years wont change the situation for a backup pg. Also, Delon could play sg easily, he has great size for his position.

Just now, srmjr23 said:

I strongly doubt the vocal group against Tyus Jones have watched him at all

I have zero opinion because i have watched zero minutes of him playing.  All i know is that he fits better in the timeline as longterm solution to backup PG.  Maybe they view Melton as the answer at SG. 

Just now, srmjr23 said:

Well for a team needing shooting, I think we can do better than 31% 3 point shooter. He's a net negative on offense and defense, but a good facilitator and contrary to the DBPM, a pretty good defender. But he's also not good on offense, with not a lot of athleticism to make up for that. He's not significantly better than Melton, who is on a minimum contract. 8 million is a massive overpay. 

3 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

He is ok, but not that different than Dunn and cant play sg like Delon. Rose and Okogie played the 2 when they were on the floor together. For 8 mil/year he is overpaid and we should have kept Delon.

2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jones is equal to Wright, please don't overreact

I agree with this.  Would prefer Tyus + 2 2nd rounders to Delon, and I like Delon.  I just like Tyus too.  Similar level players imo.

1 minute ago, grizzknob said:

I agree with this.  Would prefer Tyus + 2 2nd rounders to Delon, and I like Delon.  I just like Tyus too.  Similar level players imo.

For sure,  save money as well