2 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

Something bigger coming saving all this cap room?

Space to outbid suitors for Delon

Thanks for coming Avery, I enjoyed your play before you got injured

Wish he was cheaper but thanks for everything he did!

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Wish he was cheaper but thanks for everything he did!

I hoped he could stay, I really like him. But I understand the move.

7 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Is all about the money guys this move was the smart one.

I wish we could have kept him for 3y/21 mil type of deal and matched Delon too. I would be in favor to keep him over taking a chance in a player like Guduric. Also I would trade him before waiving him, but FO might have tried and could not get a fair deal

this is the first FO move I don't approve, I would have preferred to keep him and let Delon go but, whatever, good luck AB!

4 hours ago, Myers said:

this is the first FO move I don't approve, I would have preferred to keep him and let Delon go but, whatever, good luck AB!

I’m afraid the financial facts were what drove the decision.$10M is a lot of money.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I’m afraid the financial facts were what drove the decision.$10M is a lot of money.

They needed the money to resign Delon I believe. Couldn’t cut enough any other way.

I really enjoyed watching AB last year.  Hope he recovers from his injury.  If so, he would be a great addition to a contending team worried about matching up against an elite shooting guard.

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think Kawhi dragging his feet killed several deal possibilities.

Yeah i think so.

11 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think Kawhi dragging his feet killed several deal possibilities.

I think we see now that he wasn't dragging his feet. There were several things going on. He initially tried to recruit KD and no success there. So then he recruited Paul George and PG and his agent went to OKC and told them to trade him to either the Raptors or Clippers. So the past few days OKC had been working on trades for PG and Kawhi was going to sign wherever they traded George either Toronto or LAC. 

I always say I just humble myself because none of us have any idea what's going on behind closed doors and furthermore, most of the information leaked is misinformation. The word was it was a 99% certainty Kawhi would sign with the Raptors, then the word was the Clippers are 100% out. These FO and agents tell the media anything to keep the drama up.