gfaulk09

Dwight to Memphis (sources say)

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

You guys obviously do not understand what a locker room cancer is. Howard is a stage 4 locker room cancer.

Under any circumstances he will wear Grizz jersey. Not even in a training camp. There is a chance like 1% he can still play in the NBA but he would never ever play or train with a Memphis team.

Locker room cancers are tolerated as long as you can produce at a very high level the minute you don't you are out of there.

Look at some other examples, Carmelo, JR Smith, they still could play but because they are cancers no one will take them.

Whiteside Westbrook Chris Paul Cousins are cancers (some are bigger than others) the minute they do not produce enough they are out of the NBA.

No team will take Howard even he can still contribute but Memphis FO in no rush to waive him because of that 1% chance but make no mistake Howard will never train let alone play for Memphis.

You're assuming a lot. Howard didn't have any locker room issues last year, he was just injured. Most of the players you mentioned are mostly just the scape goats for dysfunctional teams. Howard last played meaningful basketball on a terrible Charlotte Hornets team. I'm not even trying to say any of these players are even positive locker room influences either, I'm just saying any time anything bad happens they are the first people that everyone blames regardless of whose fault it really is. 

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

You're assuming a lot. Howard didn't have any locker room issues last year, he was just injured. Most of the players you mentioned are mostly just the scape goats for dysfunctional teams. Howard last played meaningful basketball on a terrible Charlotte Hornets team. I'm not even trying to say any of these players are even positive locker room influences either, I'm just saying any time anything bad happens they are the first people that everyone blames regardless of whose fault it really is. 

Howard has been moved to 5 teams in 6 years he’s definitely the problem. The Wizards would not have taken on more salary in miles if they felt Howard could help them. 

27 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Charlotte has been desperate for good players for many years.  You've got to ask yourself why they didn't try to keep him if he was playing "meaningful basketball" for them.

38 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Charlotte has been desperate for good players for many years.  You've got to ask yourself why they didn't try to keep him if he was playing "meaningful basketball" for them.

They are one of the top 3 worst run franchises in the NBA. That's probably why. Rivaled only by the Knicks and Suns. 

1 hour ago, QMemphis said:

Howard has been moved to 5 teams in 6 years he’s definitely the problem. The Wizards would not have taken on more salary in miles if they felt Howard could help them. 

He only played 9 games for the wizards, he wasn't even there long enough to be an issue. Being moved from Atlanta was more because they were tanking, there maybe was an issue in Charlotte, Miles fits better they're team currently. They already have Thomas Bryant, Ian mahinmi and Wagner, I assume they were trending more towards youth and ian can't really be moved. Nets don't count. 

So probably one issue on those 5 teams, maybe two (Atlanta). Either way, while he might be part of the problem, the issues on those teams go far deeper than anything he caused. 

15 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

They are one of the top 3 worst run franchises in the NBA. That's probably why. Rivaled only by the Knicks and Suns. 

He only played 9 games for the wizards, he wasn't even there long enough to be an issue. Being moved from Atlanta was more because they were tanking, there maybe was an issue in Charlotte, Miles fits better they're team currently. They already have Thomas Bryant, Ian mahinmi and Wagner, I assume they were trending more towards youth and ian can't really be moved. Nets don't count. 

So probably one issue on those 5 teams, maybe two (Atlanta). Either way, while he might be part of the problem, the issues on those teams go far deeper than anything he caused. 

Yeah, nooo you can keep on your blinders that’s your prerogative but Howard is a issue and him in a young locker room gets GMs fired. 

40 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

Yeah, nooo you can keep on your blinders that’s your prerogative but Howard is a issue and him in a young locker room gets GMs fired. 

I think if Howard actually knew and accepted his role (depth off the bench), then he'd be fine. If he can't then he obviously needs to be moved or waived. Like I already said, most people just like to over blow his past issues and blame it all on him even though he's been on teams that have been super dysfunctional before his arrival. 

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

🤨

Dwight causes all of his own problems ,one big problem is Dwight is  a double/double machine and that's  a great piece coming of that bench , one plus for Memphis is Dwight is not making a monster contract any more like he did why is was on orlando

19 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Not true!!!  It's worse than that.

Since his 2015 - 16 season with Houston, Howard has been on the Hawks, Hornets, Nets, Wizards, and now the Grizzlies. That's 6 teams over the course of 4 seasons! Are you reading this RDK4121? 6 teams in 4 seasons. 8 teams over the past 8 seasons! Soon to be 9 different teams in the NBA that he has been under contract to. Wake up and smell the coffee.

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Since his 2015 - 16 season with Houston, Howard has been on the Hawks, Hornets, Nets, Wizards, and now the Grizzlies. That's 6 teams over the course of 4 seasons! Are you reading this RDK4121? 6 teams in 4 seasons. 8 teams over the past 8 seasons! Soon to be 9 different teams in the NBA that he has been under contract to. Wake up and smell the coffee.

It doesn't matter how many teams he has been with. It only matters what he does with the Grizz if they keep him. He may realize he isn't going to get very many chances if it doesn't work out with the Grizz and toe the line. I'd like to see the Grizz give him a chance.

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think if Howard actually knew and accepted his role (depth off the bench), then he'd be fine. If he can't then he obviously needs to be moved or waived. Like I already said, most people just like to over blow his past issues and blame it all on him even though he's been on teams that have been super dysfunctional before his arrival. 

I agree

5 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Ok, two of those are teams are just teams he was traded to who waived him, one was a rebuilding hawks team, one was a bad Lakers team with Kobe at the end of his career (not exactly everyone's favorite teammate), one was the rockets with harden (everyone's least favorite teammate), and the Hornets where it admittedly didn't go well, the wizards were a mess before he got there with John wall and Beal publicly hating each other. 

Is this what they mean when they say stick to sports ...cause this would be a perfect time for him to ... uhhh - stick to sports.

36 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Ok, two of those are teams are just teams he was traded to who waived him, one was a rebuilding hawks team, one was a bad Lakers team with Kobe at the end of his career (not exactly everyone's favorite teammate), one was the rockets with harden (everyone's least favorite teammate), and the Hornets where it admittedly didn't go well, the wizards were a mess before he got there with John wall and Beal publicly hating each other. 

Balled hard when he first hit the league. Faced real established grown men that patrolled the paint and already having the physical frame to bang - he was a formidable presence. 

Got his coach fired - on some snake in the grass stuff and lied - on camera right after Coach found out and spoke on it - here comes mr grinning I love you coach holding the cutter behind his back. Suspect.

Really messy Orlando exit - and to be fair- not too many - if any - can claim a smooth transition to another team... kinda like how when people say messy divorce ... yeahhh. If they had been able to work through some things together- maybe a different outcome could have played out.

sent /  out west to Mr 81 points in LA . With his goofball personality - did ANYBODY expect him to not get bitten- repeatedly- by the Mamba ? Really?

With Kobe - paraphrasing here but : he wasn’t serious about being the best he could be. Now I really don’t think anyone could really impress Kobe with their work ethic but ... at least read the room. Work on your craft... never let them say you didn’t do your best - win or lose - do your very best and move forward from there.

Harden ... well , I don’t like his beard, his traveling, ball pounding, iso- heavy , foul hunting,- I bet he’s the kind of guy that says “Ahhh” - out loud - when he drinks stuff... ( prolly sticks out his pinky finger too )

- I would gladly give my money to All-State or Progressive or the General, or the Gecko 🦎 or ANYBODY BUT STATE FARM - him and Chris Fall make sure that State Farm wont get a nickel from me  

anyway -  I don’t care for harden’s game BUT I cannot deny the fact that he gets points - from distance with a deceptively sharp drive game to go with it ... 

sooo... Dwight from the Office is hilarious Dwight the basketball player - nah.

He wasn’t able to advance to a chip on his own... couldn’t get a star to team up with him in Orlando... couldn’t get money with Kobe on his team .., Hornets - ok but they did have Kemba ... the Wizards with Beal AND Wall ( really - where’s that magic ‘savvy vet with a calming presence that mentors his guys ‘ guy that so many people allude to ? 

Here’s my @TimBC : ‘ twas a slow day ... and I too was bored ... ‘

💫🤣💫

51 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Balled hard when he first hit the league. Faced real established grown men that patrolled the paint and already having the physical frame to bang - he was a formidable presence. 

Got his coach fired - on some snake in the grass stuff and lied - on camera right after Coach found out and spoke on it - here comes mr grinning I love you coach holding the cutter behind his back. Suspect.

Really messy Orlando exit - and to be fair- not too many - if any - can claim a smooth transition to another team... kinda like how when people say messy divorce ... yeahhh. If they had been able to work through some things together- maybe a different outcome could have played out.

sent /  out west to Mr 81 points in LA . With his goofball personality - did ANYBODY expect him to not get bitten- repeatedly- by the Mamba ? Really?

With Kobe - paraphrasing here but : he wasn’t serious about being the best he could be. Now I really don’t think anyone could really impress Kobe with their work ethic but ... at least read the room. Work on your craft... never let them say you didn’t do your best - win or lose - do your very best and move forward from there.

Harden ... well , I don’t like his beard, his traveling, ball pounding, iso- heavy , foul hunting,- I bet he’s the kind of guy that says “Ahhh” - out loud - when he drinks stuff... ( prolly sticks out his pinky finger too )

- I would gladly give my money to All-State or Progressive or the General, or the Gecko 🦎 or ANYBODY BUT STATE FARM - him and Chris Fall make sure that State Farm wont get a nickel from me  

anyway -  I don’t care for harden’s game BUT I cannot deny the fact that he gets points - from distance with a deceptively sharp drive game to go with it ... 

sooo... Dwight from the Office is hilarious Dwight the basketball player - nah.

He wasn’t able to advance to a chip on his own... couldn’t get a star to team up with him in Orlando... couldn’t get money with Kobe on his team .., Hornets - ok but they did have Kemba ... the Wizards with Beal AND Wall ( really - where’s that magic ‘savvy vet with a calming presence that mentors his guys ‘ guy that so many people allude to ? 

Here’s my @TimBC : ‘ twas a slow day ... and I too was bored ... ‘

💫🤣💫

Yeah, either way, if he could just net us a second round pick at the deadline I'm totally cool with that. 

As long as he doesn't go near our locker room Ill be happy and I would for sure take a second round pick for him 

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

"The only thing that really matters is me and how I feel about myself, my character, my personality ..."
Those are insightful words, DH, but not for someone in your position, not for a role-player-in-love-with-the-game wearing a suit that screams "Look at me, look at me, look at me."

1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

"The only thing that really matters is me and how I feel about myself, my character, my personality ..."
Those are insightful words, DH, but not for someone in your position, not for a role-player-in-love-with-the-game wearing a suit that screams "Look at me, look at me, look at me."

Me, me, me...I, I, l ......

Do you think someone is a bit self centered?

People thought the Grizzlies couldn't trade Chandler Parsons...until they did. 

I still want Kris Dunn, so I'd try to do Howard for Dunn. They have like 5 PGs on their roster and it doesn't seem like he's in their future at all. They could use some Center depth as well. It gives us an interesting young piece that could play backup pg or SG. Contracts are essentially the same amount and both expiring. 

Uhmmm don't we have like 25 guys under contract right now?    Roster spots are at a premium.   Dwight Howard isn't worth cutting anyone else to keep.   This entire debate is moot.   

I can't point to anything explicit said by the FO or coach Jenkins, but reading between the lines, I honestly don't think the team wants a back up C who expects to play like 20 minutes every night.  I think they want JJJ to play a bunch of the backup C minutes, whenever JV sits and there isn't a Marjonovic-type center in there.  This would open up more time at PF for Clarke, Bruno, Crowder, and possibly Anderson.  Still have a big body off the bench if needed, but it will only be needed sometimes and in some games.

Even if Dwight might be ok in a backup role at this point, I don't see how he would possibly be ok with picking up DNP-coach's decisions half the games.  Plumlee is a much better fit for the more limited, matchup driven role I think the team envisions for that roster spot.  

Just my 2 cents.

34 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Uhmmm don't we have like 25 guys under contract right now?    Roster spots are at a premium.   Dwight Howard isn't worth cutting anyone else to keep.   This entire debate is moot.   

Not including Marko, we have 17.