gfaulk09

Dwight to Memphis (sources say)

31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Am I the only one who remembers when this guy was good?

🤔

Yep, he was great for  a minute and then got cocky/developed a huge problem where he became a total POS as a person. Then the NBA passed him by as he's a one dimensional post up big that can't shoot and can't hit free throws. His once great defense and rim protection and rebounding are now just above average. Dude has one of the most toxic personalities in the NBA. I don't buy this turning over a new leaf act he's putting on either. No thanks. Dwight's big thing is telling people 'just be you'. Yea, well. Good for you Dwight. Just be you - somewhere else.

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Am I the only one who remembers when this guy was good?

🤔

I reminder when Melo was good too...

I don't think the FO considers Howard a fit from a chemistry perspective. He just isn't considered a commodity by the league anymore. I think the FO recognizes this as well. As others have stated, he'll be trade filler or cut. 

1 hour ago, Ursine Mammal said:

I reminder when Melo was good too...

I don't think the FO considers Howard a fit from a chemistry perspective. He just isn't considered a commodity by the league anymore. I think the FO recognizes this as well. As others have stated, he'll be trade filler or cut. 

I think the only beneficial thing about Howard is his salary as part of trade filler now.

I would rather have Vince Carter or Joakim Noah on a minimum salary right now or Yuta on roster and Tyler Harvey or another young SL/G-League guy on two-way vs Dwight.  (I know they don't have the roster spot, and wouldn't do that).

However, I'm also ok with bringing him into camp and seeing what he offers before waiving him.  It costs nothing to have him in camp.

44 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

However, I'm also ok with bringing him into camp and seeing what he offers before waiving him.  It costs nothing to have him in camp.

I get what you're saying and would usually agree but I think Howard is pure psycho.

Image result for dwight howard

I cant imagine a team taking him on, I'd be surprised to see him playing this year, maybe he can get his trade value a little higher in pre season games... but with a young team that seems to like each other with a first time first year head coach I think having him around is a bad idea

12 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I get what you're saying and would usually agree but I think Howard is pure psycho.

yikes hahahah

edit: def my new profile photo until he is traded lol

15 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I'm also OK if Howard comes in, starts acting like a turd, and Jenkins and FO give him the heave-ho.

A little Lionel Hollins on Iverson treatment to gain a little of the youngsters attention.

Mn could use a guy like Howard . he would look alright backing up KAT who's still pretty weak in the post and gets pushed around far to often.

Dwight + plumlee for dieng and pick looks ok I think.

Crowder for galloway pickd and det looks much better on the wings with Snell + Crowder compared to last year .

Mostly just clear some clutter for the grizz without waiving guys and flipping some expiring sooner rather than later if thats even the plan. Same type of deals we would be looking at anyways and an entire year of the young core getting more mins . we would still have iggy at the deadline hill & Galloway too 

11 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Holy mother of God

senGFZJ.gif

Them skillz

16/13 before the injury. It's not like we don't need bench scoring and rebounding. He'll be on a redemption arc. We can't just throw our rookies in the fire with no veteran leadership. Crowder and Howard could be very instrumental in helping provide leadership for our youngsters. I know it's a stretch so it can be done.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

If only he had spent more time on basketball skills instead.

Well he has made 240 million in career earnings as well as won 3 dpoy and 8 all star so I would think he has worked hard enough.

54 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

16/13 before the injury. It's not like we don't need bench scoring and rebounding. He'll be on a redemption arc. We can't just throw our rookies in the fire with no veteran leadership. Crowder and Howard could be very instrumental in helping provide leadership for our youngsters. I know it's a stretch so it can be done.

I agree. I think we should keep him into the season because 1. He's better than Plumlee 2. Could actually have positive trade value if he proves to be solid here 3. If he is good, we could just keep him as he'd be a nice piece off the bench for a couple years 4. If he isn't good anymore, just keep him as depth and let him mentor. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I agree. I think we should keep him into the season because 1. He's better than Plumlee 2. Could actually have positive trade value if he proves to be solid here 3. If he is good, we could just keep him as he'd be a nice piece off the bench for a couple years 4. If he isn't good anymore, just keep him as depth and let him mentor. 

Trade deadline, ship him out!

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Well he has made 240 million in career earnings as well as won 3 dpoy and 8 all star so I would think he has worked hard enough.

It was supposed to be humor, considering there are multiple posts talking about how he worked hard on his conditioning, but not his game.  I do realize what kind of a career he has had.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

The thing is he never invested in gaining skills that would keep him relevant once his physical gifts faded off (let alone go away through injuries).

4 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

Just being old with lots of years of service doesn’t mean someone has leadership skills. I don’t see Howard as the veteran leader type 

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

The thing is he never invested in gaining skills that would keep him relevant once his physical gifts faded off (let alone go away through injuries).

Look, I was never a big dwight howard fan, but the guy, at age 23, with no other superstar on his team, beat: a 24 year old Lebron, beat the big 3 in boston in their prime and yeah, he lost to the Kobe-Pau lakers, but you can't really question his accomplishments. I mean he isn't never going to win and awards for being a good teammate, but he did what most no scoring centers could only dream of doing.

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I think people expected too much. He was a freak athlete but he was stiff. He looks awkward even shooting a free throw. He was never gonna be this smooth big man. I think he reached atleast 90% of his potential peak., if not the full 100.

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

You guys obviously do not understand what a locker room cancer is. Howard is a stage 4 locker room cancer.

Under any circumstances he will wear Grizz jersey. Not even in a training camp. There is a chance like 1% he can still play in the NBA but he would never ever play or train with a Memphis team.

Locker room cancers are tolerated as long as you can produce at a very high level the minute you don't you are out of there.

Look at some other examples, Carmelo, JR Smith, they still could play but because they are cancers no one will take them.

Whiteside Westbrook Chris Paul Cousins are cancers (some are bigger than others) the minute they do not produce enough they are out of the NBA.

No team will take Howard even he can still contribute but Memphis FO in no rush to waive him because of that 1% chance but make no mistake Howard will never train let alone play for Memphis.