Dwight to Memphis (sources say)

On 7/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, chipc3 said:

Right now the roster looks like this I believe:

PG: Ja Morant, Tyus Jones, De'Anthony Melton
SG: Dillon Brooks, Grayson Allen, Andre Iguodala
SF: Kyle Anderson, Jae Crowder, Josh Jackson. Solomon Hill
PF: Jaren Jackson, Brandon Clarke, Bruno Caboclo
C  : Jonas Valanciunas, Myles Plumlee, Dwight Howard, Ivan Rabb

That's 17 players and not counting Yuta and Konchar who are the two way players. Assuming Iguodala and Howard are bought out and Rabb is cut that leaves the team with 14 players and that frees up room for the rumored Marco Guduric signing where he would replace Andre on the depth chart. 

To be honest this team looks like a low lottery team on paper. That could be good however because that means they keep their first round draft pick and have a ton of cap space available to build around their young core in the summer of 2020. 

Chip is on the money 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, IdrinkGuinness said:

Imho JJJ and JA gives us a 2 year head start on a 3 year rebuild. A top 6 pick this year is about what any 3yp should look like .the long rebuild is halfway behind us..

They might already have that 3rd guy if Josh Jackson can get it together. I love 6-8 SGs.

Assuming Iggy will be traded for two players, that would make the roster at 19 including Marko. Waive Rabb, Hill and Howard and the roster will get down to 16. That makes cutting Bruno (partial guaranteed) or another trade possible to trim down the roster. I hope they get rid of Allen and trade him for a future 2nd.

11 hours ago, Grizball said:

Assuming Iggy will be traded for two players, that would make the roster at 19 including Marko. Waive Rabb, Hill and Howard and the roster will get down to 16. That makes cutting Bruno (partial guaranteed) or another trade possible to trim down the roster. I hope they get rid of Allen and trade him for a future 2nd.

They would be crazy to cut Bruno.

14 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

I agree, but the fact that Bruno is a 5 year vet playing summer league kind of tells me that the F.O. isn't so sure about him.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:45 PM, chipc3 said:

Right now the roster looks like this I believe:

That's 17 players and not counting Yuta and Konchar who are the two way players. Assuming Iguodala and Howard are bought out and Rabb is cut that leaves the team with 14 players and that frees up room for the rumored Marco Guduric signing where he would replace Andre on the depth chart. 

To be honest this team looks like a low lottery team on paper. That could be good however because that means they keep their first round draft pick and have a ton of cap space available to build around their young core in the summer of 2020. 

I have been about as far outta the loop as possible...

sooo...what’s the deal with Noah ? 

I know the whole ‘it’s a business and don’t get too attached to the name on the back of the jersey ‘ and all that 

BUT

I STILL like Jo 

🤣💨

13 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

sooo...what’s the deal with Noah ?

Marc Stein: The @NZBreakers are trying to convince Joakim Noah to play in Australia’s @nbl next season, league sources say, with Breakers owner Matt Walsh — Noah’s former collegiate teammate — leading the recruitment

On 7/11/2019 at 7:31 AM, grizzgolf said:

SG is our weakest position.    Followed by SF.

Center actually looks pretty good if we play Howard, and if Howard can still play.  And/or if Noah can be signed.

PG position looks good.

So does PF.

I think Bruno and Clarke will be our PF/C duo off the bench. They're both super versatile and both have a great combo of athleticism and length. Doesn't matter who "plays" which position, but they've both shown they can stretch the floor. If we ever play a bigger backup center, that's when you can go with Plumlee (or whoever) at C and let one of them sit. Both players can play with jaren or JV as well if we need to stagger them or if there is foul trouble. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, Father Pat said:

I agree, but the fact that Bruno is a 5 year vet playing summer league kind of tells me that the F.O. isn't so sure about him.

This.... Bruno's contract costs the team 0$ if they waive him before his date. The fact that Yuta and Konchar aren't playing anymore and he still is means they are really evaluating him King Kleiman has been at every game along with the other FO guys and they haven't been there just to show face either I believe they are really scouting Bruno for sure but possibly other guys as well.

I HOPE Dwight howard  and is agents sits down with grizzlies management and are able to have Dwight on the grizzlies roster next if Dwight come in with the right mind set , he will be a monster coming off there bench next year 

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

This.... Bruno's contract costs the team 0$ if they waive him before his date. The fact that Yuta and Konchar aren't playing anymore and he still is means they are really evaluating him King Kleiman has been at every game along with the other FO guys and they haven't been there just to show face either I believe they are really scouting Bruno for sure but possibly other guys as well.

You know I never really considered this, but you could be right.  Was Bruno picked by Chris Wallace or did the current front office (before they were officially the front office) pick him up?

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Or they are just giving him more gametime to work on the areas they want him to improve on.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, Father Pat said:

this guy shows flashes of brilliance on the court. hate to even type this, but somewhat reminiscent of stromile. it’s almost as if he wakes up from a daydream upon occasion and pretends to be the greek freak for a moment or two. 

don’t toy with father time. put the work in now and get mentally prepared now to throw your cards on the table. he sure doesn’t want to look back in 10 years and think about all the missed opportunities. 

if I were part of griz brass, I’d devote a lot of time to him right now. the lights need to come on this season. if they do, this kid could do great things on the court. po’ man’s greek freak if you ask me. 

slim. 

18 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

this guy shows flashes of brilliance on the court. hate to even type this, but somewhat reminiscent of stromile. it’s almost as if he wakes up from a daydream upon occasion and pretends to be the greek freak for a moment or two. 

don’t toy with father time. put the work in now and get mentally prepared now to throw your cards on the table. he sure doesn’t want to look back in 10 years and think about all the missed opportunities. 

if I were part of griz brass, I’d devote a lot of time to him right now. the lights need to come on this season. if they do, this kid could do great things on the court. po’ man’s greek freak if you ask me. 

slim. 

I personally just think he was tired of Summer League.  He has been in NBA 5yrs now so hard to stay motivated for this.    Whenever he was engaged he was good.  

On 7/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, CoolHandGriz said:

What happened to Washburn?  He played well in the Utah phase of summer ball.

Also, I can't see keeping Soloman Hill over Iggy.  That would be insane.

25 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

What happened to Washburn?  He played well in the Utah phase of summer ball.

Also, I can't see keeping Soloman Hill over Iggy.  That would be insane.

I thought his rights got traded to the Warriors?

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I thought his rights got traded to the Warriors?

Yep.  That's right.

Another reason to keep Iggy at least for a while.  Iggy and Crowder can provide some veteran leadership while the young guys adjust to the pro game.

If Dwight wants he can give us the same impact that Noah did last year, but seems FO already made their minds and will trade him or waive him before season starts, at least the rumors say that. Rabb garanteed date changed to October, so he might stay as the 3rd center on the roster.

If he wasn't crazy I wouldn't mind him being our back up big

I think he is trying to prove himself for a last contract/trying to chase a ring. We should keep him till the deadline, he might have value to a contender there.

32 minutes ago, Ursine Mammal said:

I don't see a contender trading for him at any point.

Me either. I think he is #1 cut / buy out candidate. Then Hill if he really is worthless (IDK because I don't recall seeing Hill play in the past two years). 

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I think he is trying to prove himself for a last contract/trying to chase a ring. We should keep him till the deadline, he might have value to a contender there.

That's going to cost us a roster spot, so we'll have to cut Rabb for sure and wouldn't have the ability to sign Marco or any of our Gleague guys if we wanted to.