gfaulk09

Dwight to Memphis (sources say)

3 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

He shoulda never left Lando

Both parts never recovered from it

I told my wife that the Grizzlies traded for Dwight Howard. She just softly said "no...…...no...…..no...….."

I started laughing then told her that it was just a money move, explained the trade, and said he most likely wouldn't ever play for the Grizzlies. "Oh, thank God" she said.

😄

22 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I told my wife that the Grizzlies traded for Dwight Howard. She just softly said "no...…...no...…..no...….."

I started laughing then told her that it was just a money move, explained the trade, and said he most likely wouldn't ever play for the Grizzlies. "Oh, thank God" she said.

😄

side point here, but what a shame this guy wasn’t willing put in the bball work. yes, he’s always been a weights gym rat as anyone can tell, but I just see such wasted talent. 

slim. 

It's a development year.  If he plays, fine.  If he doesn't play, fine.  We save some money ... good deal.  A+.  I will miss CJ though.  Good guy.  Great interview.

Just now, memphis slim said:

side point here, but what a shame this guy wasn’t willing put in the bball work. yes, he’s always been a weights gym rat as anyone can tell, but I just see such wasted talent. 

slim. 

His game was always dependent on his freakish athleticism. Once injuries started to chip away at that it was all downhill for him.

4 hours ago, memphis slim said:

slim. 

his first 5 years were petty good 

Dwight howard put up some good numbers when he was playing for charlotte , what I was told , he was a BAD locker room guy 

We need to trade or waive him asap. Hopefully some team will absorb his little paltry $5 mil salary and free up more space for us. If they don't have a trade by early next week, just waive this idiot. 

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

We need to trade or waive him asap. Hopefully some team will absorb his little paltry $5 mil salary and free up more space for us. If they don't have a trade by early next week, just waive this idiot. 

I could see a contender trading a 2nd round pick for him, he could play as a backup center om the right environment, everywhere other than here Im ok.

10 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I could see a contender trading a 2nd round pick for him, he could play as a backup center om the right environment, everywhere other than here Im ok.

I don't think any contender wants him. They tried that in HOU and LAL and he completely flamed out. I'm not talking about his on court play but with his attitude. He's been bouncing around ever since. There's a reason he's on an expiring $5 mil contract. No one wants to put up with him, his antics and bs. 

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't think any contender wants him. They tried that in HOU and LAL and he completely flamed out. I'm not talking about his on court play but with his attitude. He's been bouncing around ever since. There's a reason he's on an expiring $5 mil contract. No one wants to put up with him, his antics and bs. 

Maybe the Celtics could use him, he is a ok backup, in Celtics case he might even start if he is healthy 

I don't know if he was an issue at all in Washington last year (they had enough other issues though), but they were willing to trade him away. Honestly don't really care what happens to him. Maybe he can get Rabb to start looking like him. 

5 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't know if he was an issue at all in Washington last year (they had enough other issues though), but they were willing to trade him away. Honestly don't really care what happens to him. Maybe he can get Rabb to start looking like him. 

He was injured most of last year. I think he had surgery or something. He only played 9 games for the Wiz. 

keep him

10 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

+.5

slide him into the has-been star center slot that Noah had last year

No.

Noah has heart.

Dwight is a cornball.

He had the physical tools - his personality and attitude sucked... slick talking and getting coach fired while smiling and lying in his face .

9 hours ago, Father Pat said:

😄

RIGHT !

💫🤣💫

9 hours ago, Father Pat said:

😄

I'm just not feeling all warm and fuzzy about moves being made.  We dump CJ Miles for Howard and there's talk we're going to waive Howard??  Yeah we dump some salary but this whole thing was precipitated by taking Iggy from GS, who we might also waive??  I know we got a 1st round pick 5 years from now, but so what?  The pick is five years away.

If we'd just sat tight we could have held onto a player who could have been key for us next year in Avery Bradley.  Instead we pickup Iggy who counts 17+ mill against the luxury tax and apparently doesn't want to play for Memphis, and then we have to dump Bradley.  

If FO had played their cards right we could have kept Bradley and Delon and CJ.

Instead it appears all these trade exception moves could be turning into a fiasco.  I realize there's still more moves to be made but I'm feeling like they're I hope FO prove me wrong.

The bottom line to me is if we can't get a good trade for Iggy, then he's a Grizzly next year. Period.  If we dump Iggy, we lose.

2 minutes ago, etngrizz said:

I'm just not feeling all warm and fuzzy about moves being made.  We dump CJ Miles for Howard and there's talk we're going to waive Howard??  Yeah we dump some salary but this whole thing was precipitated by taking Iggy from GS, who we might also waive??  I know we got a 1st round pick 5 years from now, but so what?  The pick is five years away.

If we'd just sat tight we could have held onto a player who could have been key for us next year in Avery Bradley.  Instead we pickup Iggy who counts 17+ mill against the luxury tax and apparently doesn't want to play for Memphis, and then we have to dump Bradley.  

Instead it appears all these trade exception moves could be turning into a fiasco.  I realize there's still more moves to be made but I'm feeling like they're I hope FO prove me wrong.

The bottom line to me is if we can't get a good trade for Iggy, then he's a Grizzly next year. Period.  If we dump Iggy, we lose.

Sorry but this thinking is completely flawed. First of all minimizing a first round pick because its 5 years away is just short sighted. These are moves great FOs make all of the time. Take on contracts for assets. The money isnt counter toward the luxury tax, as you say and almost certainly had nothing to do with whether we would keep Bradley or not anyway. The FO DID play their cards right, and basically every single person on the internet that knows anything about basketball agrees. It's HARDLY a fiasco. There is even some potential we get MORE assets out of it. Worst case scenario is we waive him...that's it.  

Chris Miller: Now former @Washington Wizards Dwight Howard in the house. Spoke to him, he’s in good spirits lost 20 pounds. Surprised by the trade to Memphis but says he’ll be ready for training camp. Wherever that might be.

– via Twitter cmillsnbcs

2 hours ago, etngrizz said:

This is wrong

9 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He would be a perfect fit for the Brooklyn Nets, to go with Kyrie and KD,  call them the attitude team.