fanboyslim

Vegas Summer League roster

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

He's been the star of the summer league.  The fans love him, and he's played well.

Tacko sneaky owner Zion in the Sweet 16. That head to head matchup should be on Christmas Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I need everyone’s over under on if Barrett shoots below 30% again. 

Last game he went 6-14 (43%) - scored 17 points - had 10 rebounds - 6 assists - 3 blocks. He's gonna be just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil Alexander-Walker going to work in Summer League.

Throwing lobs to him and Jaxson Hayes...what a treat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Last game he went 6-14 (43%) - scored 17 points - had 10 rebounds - 6 assists - 3 blocks. He's gonna be just fine.

1 game. That’s why I’m asking lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Neil Alexander-Walker going to work in Summer League.

Throwing lobs to him and Jaxson Hayes...what a treat.

He really stood out in that game wish Grizz would have used Bradley for that Crabbe trade and pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone worried about Allen's shooting in the SL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Anyone worried about Allen's shooting in the SL?

I’m worried in general about him. He seems to struggle athletically. Has really good handles though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m worried in general about him. He seems to struggle athletically. Has really good handles though. 

His functional athleticism is average at best I have faith he will look better with practice and playing in a more structured environment, I also think him playing with Tyus again will help him cause they have on court chemistry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Anyone worried about Allen's shooting in the SL?

Summer league really isn't the best place to envision what a player will do on the main team especially with our roster and no pgs. Don't think Grayson is an off the dribble shooter more like a catch and shoot guy coming off screens and stuff like that. He can handle the ball pretty good and his strong enough to get to the goal and draw fouls so that good but he needs to play with a competent pg Harvey, Evans, and Hannah's don't qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I’m worried in general about him. He seems to struggle athletically. Has really good handles though. 

He gets off the ground pretty well, and he is extremely fast end-to-end, but I DO think he isn't esp. quick off the dribble. Overall I think his athleticism is pretty good for a starting 2G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naz Reid not looking so bad . He's got a lot of skills but not very advanced yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naz Reid not looking so bad . He's got a lot of skills but not very advanced yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tennesseessio said:

He gets off the ground pretty well, and he is extremely fast end-to-end, but I DO think he isn't esp. quick off the dribble. Overall I think his athleticism is pretty good for a starting 2G.

That's how i see him too.   Which makes him a worthy development project IMHO.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Summer league really isn't the best place to envision what a player will do on the main team especially with our roster and no pgs. Don't think Grayson is an off the dribble shooter more like a catch and shoot guy coming off screens and stuff like that. He can handle the ball pretty good and his strong enough to get to the goal and draw fouls so that good but he needs to play with a competent pg Harvey, Evans, and Hannah's don't qualify.

I was just worried where he wasn't lighting it up that we should be worried. Seems to take a lot of risky shots. Maybe because its summer league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I was just worried where he wasn't lighting it up that we should be worried. Seems to take a lot of risky shots. Maybe because its summer league?

I think it's just a function of not having NBA-level point guards on the summer league roster. Think both Clarke and Allen would perform better having Ja (hell, even Tyus or Melton) in there with them actually creating and setting them up. I've seen a couple times, especially on pick and rolls, where Clarke seems to have an idea on where a pass could work for him rolling to the basket and the guard out on the roll with him doesn't make that connection. Same with Allen - think he's trying to force the issue a bit much where in a traditional regular season game he'd be working more off of cuts and spot-ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Anyone worried about Allen's shooting in the SL?

Not at all, hard to get a rhythm when Harvey and hannahs (and less so evans) stay jacking shots.  He’s also hitting almost 100% FT which bodes well for him as a shooter.  It’s only been 2 games and barely being able to practice with a whole new set of guys in the wild glorified pick up basketball that summer league is.  He shot 41% from 3 in g-league and his last 10-15 games with the jazz his shooting was on a major uptick.  It’ll start to fall with more reps and shaking rust off from being out so long.  Konchar and Clarke haven’t gotten in a a rhythm either.  Point guard play has been very bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

I was just worried where he wasn't lighting it up that we should be worried. Seems to take a lot of risky shots. Maybe because its summer league?

Go watch his g league highlights against similar competition.  He can definitely light it up once his reps/game shape improves and he has better PGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

Go watch his g league highlights against similar competition.  He can definitely light it up once his reps/game shape improves and he has better PGs.

Look at what he did at the end of the season with Utah. Post all-star break he shot 47% from the field and 43% from the arc. That is more reflective than his G League games in my eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Look at what he did at the end of the season with Utah. Post all-star break he shot 47% from the field and 43% from the arc. That is more reflective than his G League games in my eyes. 

true, i didn't realize his %'s were that good for that long of a period post-allstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grizz09 said:

true, i didn't realize his %'s were that good for that long of a period post-allstar

It's just a small sample size. If you look at his game log you can see nothing's conclusive (as he only had 5 games the entire season where he scored 10+ points, with 2 before the All-Star Game and 3 afterwards):
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3135045/grayson-allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now