JWill4L

Grizzlies get Josh Jackson from Suns

Recommended Posts

Just for reference, NBA DRAFT NET had Jackson # 1 on their big board with a 100 grade. His two comps were Kwahi Leonard and Jimmy Butler. If he gets his priorities straight we have a 3rd elite talent to go with Ja and JJJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deal reminds me of the dlo trade to brooklyn. Anybody thinks Josh Jackson can't play are going to be eating crow. This kid can play, all he needs is a fresh start. I like Josh Jackson more tha both of the players that the pelicans got from the lakers.

The suns were fools for making this deal, just like the lakers were fools for letting dlo go because he was "immature" and not well liked in the lockerroom. 

I wonder if the grizzlies are thinking about a sign and trade for delon at this point. I just don't see delon fitting in with this group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This deal reminds me of the dlo trade to brooklyn. Anybody thinks Josh Jackson can't play are going to be eating crow. This kid can play, all he needs is a fresh start. I like Josh Jackson more tha both of the players that the pelicans got from the lakers.

The suns were fools for making this deal, just like the lakers were fools for letting dlo go because he was "immature" and not well liked in the lockerroom. 

I wonder if the grizzlies are thinking about a sign and trade for delon at this point. I just don't see delon fitting in with this group.

Delon still fits with this group. We don't have a backup PG over than Melton. If we didn't feel confident in Carter, we have no reason to feel that much more confident in Melton. Delon would be a positive impact on ja and Melton as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This deal reminds me of the dlo trade to brooklyn. Anybody thinks Josh Jackson can't play are going to be eating crow. This kid can play, all he needs is a fresh start. I like Josh Jackson more tha both of the players that the pelicans got from the lakers.

The suns were fools for making this deal, just like the lakers were fools for letting dlo go because he was "immature" and not well liked in the lockerroom. 

I wonder if the grizzlies are thinking about a sign and trade for delon at this point. I just don't see delon fitting in with this group.

Why?  Melton is not seasoned enough yet to be the only other PG backing up a rookie.  We need at least one PG with experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoolHandGriz said:

He didn't get the **** baby high. Folks are acting like he put a blunt up to the child's lips. She simply accused him of smoking weed in the house with the baby around and is trying to imply the baby got a contact buzz. Straight up baby mama drama bs.

Do some research on it.

Yes he's got some recent knucklehead history but nothing dark or violent. Just bad decisions.

If you think that a father smoking weed around his baby so heavily that the baby gets a contact buzz isn't "dark", then you have very low standards and I pity you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Delon still fits with this group. We don't have a backup PG over than Melton. If we didn't feel confident in Carter, we have no reason to feel that much more confident in Melton. Delon would be a positive impact on ja and Melton as well. 

I guess you beat me to it.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  read that Jackson may have shown up to a workout or predraft meeting drunk/hungover and was asked to leave.

Can't find any reports but i remember something like this around the draft.

Maybe why he missed the Celtics workout or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smit-tay griz said:

I guess you beat me to it.:lol:

I like delon, but I don't like having 3 point guards, we would inevitably be making melton sit on the bench and not play ala ivan rabb. And then the issue is, if he stays, does he start? I don't see how he can help Ja UNLESS he starts to take the pressure off Ja, so there is another problem.

I just think that we need to rip the band-aid off, and get some more assets for Delon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still hoping we resign Wright, or trade for or sign a better PG. I hope somehow Josh Jackson can grow up and turn his career around, that would be a windfall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I like delon, but I don't like having 3 point guards, we would inevitably be making melton sit on the bench and not play ala ivan rabb. And then the issue is, if he stays, does he start? I don't see how he can help Ja UNLESS he starts to take the pressure off Ja, so there is another problem.

I just think that we need to rip the band-aid off, and get some more assets for Delon.  

I always thought 3 PGs was a given, at least a SG that can play PG too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

I like delon, but I don't like having 3 point guards, we would inevitably be making melton sit on the bench and not play ala ivan rabb. And then the issue is, if he stays, does he start? I don't see how he can help Ja UNLESS he starts to take the pressure off Ja, so there is another problem.

I just think that we need to rip the band-aid off, and get some more assets for Delon.  

Nah, I don't see it being a problem.  There have to be some veteran players to help the young guys along.  If we resign Delon for 3-4 more even if he's no longer needed after 2 years he's still a trade asset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

I  read that Jackson may have shown up to a workout or predraft meeting drunk/hungover and was asked to leave.

Can't find any reports but i remember something like this around the draft.

Maybe why he missed the Celtics workout or something like that.

Drugs, attitude on the court, and general lawful citizenship seem to be problematic for him. I hope he turns it around and proves the doubters like me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This deal reminds me of the dlo trade to brooklyn. Anybody thinks Josh Jackson can't play are going to be eating crow. This kid can play, all he needs is a fresh start. I like Josh Jackson more tha both of the players that the pelicans got from the lakers.

The suns were fools for making this deal, just like the lakers were fools for letting dlo go because he was "immature" and not well liked in the lockerroom. 

I wonder if the grizzlies are thinking about a sign and trade for delon at this point. I just don't see delon fitting in with this group.

Yea with the addition of Melton I'd rather have a pg that shoots well. Not sure what's left out there, Maybe Quinn Cook, Alex Caruso, Trey Burke???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I like delon, but I don't like having 3 point guards, we would inevitably be making melton sit on the bench and not play ala ivan rabb. And then the issue is, if he stays, does he start? I don't see how he can help Ja UNLESS he starts to take the pressure off Ja, so there is another problem.

I just think that we need to rip the band-aid off, and get some more assets for Delon.  

I mean Melton played alot for the Suns depending on who you start on the wings a Kyle Anderson can take the pressure off of Ja in the starting lineup. Melton can play next to Ja and share the responsibility. 

I think we need to let the roster clear it self up to see how people fit. Iggy will be gone Bradley gone instill expect Rabb to be gone at least one of Hill or Plumlee will be gone so we just need to see what returns before we can be sure about who or what we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Nah, I don't see it being a problem.  There have to be some veteran players to help the young guys along.  If we resign Delon for 3-4 more even if he's no longer needed after 2 years he's still a trade asset.

We have plenty of vets: jae crowder, kyle, jonas. I don't see the point of bring delon back in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We have plenty of vets: jae crowder, kyle, jonas. I don't see the point of bring delon back in my opinion.

Because he’s good and most good teams have 3 pgs just in case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ndq0327 said:

I mean Melton played alot for the Suns depending on who you start on the wings a Kyle Anderson can take the pressure off of Ja in the starting lineup. Melton can play next to Ja and share the responsibility. 

I think we need to let the roster clear it self up to see how people fit. Iggy will be gone Bradley gone instill expect Rabb to be gone at least one of Hill or Plumlee will be gone so we just need to see what returns before we can be sure about who or what we need

that's a good point, kyle can definitely take the pressure off of ja and not get in his way like delon would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We have plenty of vets: jae crowder, kyle, jonas. I don't see the point of bring delon back in my opinion.

None of them play point guard.  If you want to stretch the rebuild out a couple decades maybe we should dump all the vets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a guy like Delon, who can push Morant, we can’t forget Ja hasn’t played much at or against a really high level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Delon still fits with this group. We don't have a backup PG over than Melton. If we didn't feel confident in Carter, we have no reason to feel that much more confident in Melton. Delon would be a positive impact on ja and Melton as well. 

I agree, but we cant overpay him, or that will hurt longterm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Josh is a smart, hard working kid with a pretty good head on his shoulders.  He started a chess club in high school for godssake.  If he can get past this phase in his young life and reapply himself to basketball, then I think we may have just hit the jackpot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.