JWill4L

Grizzlies get Josh Jackson from Suns

I haven't been paying attention to any of the off the court stuff with him, but **** this kid is talented!!  Athletic, good ball handler, good passer, good shot blocker, great finisher.  

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yes. Woulda been excited about him.

I'll give Jackson a chance but he has to get his head on straight and stop knocking up women 20 years older than him and getting their child high.

This is a ZBo type bet. The only thing is, Jackson has only been in the league 2 years with ok production vs ZBo when he came here.

Forget guys about 24-years rookie Carter. This is about our 20-years old newcomer:

When Melton is on the floor, he is recording steals more frequently than any other player in the NBA, ranking 1st with 3.3 steals per 100 possessions (min. 700 total minutes played). Among rookies to start in majority of their appearances, Melton’s 3.3 steals per 100 possessions are tied for 6th most all-time in Basketball-Reference’s database.

Melton not only is younger and taller than Carter, he also actually is a playmaker.

38 minutes ago, FBOM0101 said:

The Mike Conley trade has now netted us: 

Jae Crowder
Josh Jackson
DeAnthony Melton
Grayson Allen
Andre Iguodala
Brandon Clarke
UTA 2020 1st (prot. 1-7, 15-30 in '20, '21, top 3 prot. '22)
GS 2024 1st (top 4 prot.)
PHX 2020 2nd 
PHX 2021 2nd

This is wild. 

It's like the dark web's version of the ESPN Trade Machine.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'll give Jackson a chance but he has to get his head on straight and stop knocking up women 20 years older than him and getting their child high.

This is a ZBo type bet. The only thing is, Jackson has only been in the league 2 years with ok production vs ZBo when he came here.

Agree.  If he gets himself clean & works at it, he has the talent / potential to be an elite player.  He's young.  Let's hope he sees the light & becomes the basketball player he can be.  Get serious about your craft Josh and leave the distractions in the past.

17 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

You have very very very very very low low standards.

9 minutes ago, Gradey said:

Def don't sleep on Melton.  He is a dawg.

Higher on him than Jackson.

Hopefully we will cut Jackson. He is a sicko. Don't want him in my city, we already have enough degeneracy. 

Getting Melton and 2nds is great, though.

THIS IS AWESOME! I will miss carter but we got such a great haul!

I just did a little reading up on Josh Jackson.  I wonder if we are just going to waive him?  Maybe the target the whole time was Melton and the 2 picks.  I don't know much about Melton, but from what some of you are saying, he is an upgrade over Carter, and maybe solves our backup PG problem.

And if we do waive Jackson, he makes about as much as Korver, so it would be like waiving Korver and trading Jevon for Melton and 2 2nd round picks.

Melton is pretty good, Jackson is pretty good, and at least one 2nd rounder. That's a heck of a trade right there. Melton is better than Carter in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I just did a little reading up on Josh Jackson.  I wonder if we are just going to waive him?  Maybe the target the whole time was Melton and the 2 picks.  I don't know much about Melton, but from what some of you are saying, he is an upgrade over Carter, and maybe solves our backup PG problem.

And if we do waive Jackson, he makes about as much as Korver, so it would be like waiving him.

Actually while their salaries may be similar, Korver only had a partially guaranteed deal. If we would have waived him in the next few days, we would have saved like $3 or $4 mil or something. I would think they plan on keeping Jackson or trading him. If they keep him, it's basically a 1 year deal because there is a team option for next year. If he keeps up his antics, they could just decline the option and part ways so we're really only on the hook for 1 year. If he behaves and produces, it could be a steal but I would say that is a low probability.

I don't see any reason to waive him....well, at least not right now, maybe in the middle of the season if things go horribly wrong.