Sign in to follow this  
Ole Dirty Klondike

Expectations for 2019-20 Season

Where will the Grizz finish at the end of the season?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Grizz Fate?

• Lottery Bound and we keep the pick (top 6)
    • Lottery Bound but we convey the pick (7-14)
    • Bottom 4 seed in the playoffs
    • Top 4 seed- We're gonna contend baby!!!!

Obviously there are still moves to be made before the start of the season but I just want to know what people are thinking. Where does this team stand? In the past couple of days, I have heard no less than 3 national outlets say something to the effect that basically 14 out of the 15 teams in the Western conference are in playoff contention, the Grizz are the 15th team that is not. Who knows what deals will be made but what are your expectations right now and why?

If we can resign Delon Wright, figure out who to start at the 3 then figure out our bench mob rotation then I think we can compete night in and night out.

If Bruno doesn't get the starting nod, then I would try Miles or Kyle or even Dillon.  

Still want a 6'6-6'8 second team of Kyle, Yuta, Iggy, Bruno, and Clarke.

Forgot about Jae Crowder. Maybe we should start Crowder.  Ja, Jaren, and Jonas would be our scorers in the starting five with Delon and Crowder being our long, defensive glue guys.

Our top three returning scorers from last year are :

• JV- 19.9 ppg but only played 19 games
  • Bradley- 16.1 ppg in 14 games but I doubt he will be back
  • JJJ- 13.8 ppg. A second year player with 58 NBA games under his belt

We are going to be hurting for scoring next year if this team stays the way it is. 

I struggle to find too many teams who I'm confident will have a worse record next year. Suns, Knicks, Cavs, Hornets and then I'm into maybes. I think we're going to be fun though and I think keeping the pick next year is probably for the best long term. 

I don't think we have many players who suck it's just always going to be tough with a rookie point guard.

We will be a bottom 3 team in the West. 

However the future looks bright.

I think we can convey, but that's about it. I think if we could keep Bradley and resign Delon then we are close in contention for a playoff spot, maybe 10th in the west is my guess.

12 minutes ago, UkGrizz said:

I struggle to find too many teams who I'm confident will have a worse record next year. Suns, Knicks, Cavs, Hornets and then I'm into maybes. I think we're going to be fun though and I think keeping the pick next year is probably for the best long term. 

I don't think we have many players who suck it's just always going to be tough with a rookie point guard.

But how many teams are gonna be "great" next year? Anybody. Maybe Lakers if Kawhi goes there... every other team looks like a 45-55 win team. 

Where to start.

The head coach has coached ZERO NBA Games.

The projected starting PG has played ZERO NBA Games.

We currently have 19 guys on the roster, including Delon Wright.  These 19 guys have played a total of 431 games for the Grizzlies.  If we have any success in the Win/Loss column in 2019-20, it will be a story that even Hollywood wouldn't produce because it would not be believable.

I plan to be in my seats for as many of the 41 home games as possible and looking forward to seeing JV, JJJ, and Ja start building some chemistry.  I would expect anyone other than these 3 playing well, will very likely lead to them finding other teams to play for at or before the trade deadline provided the Grizz can add any future assets.

Should be a year to remember.

13 minutes ago, GrizzGT said:

Where to start.

The head coach has coached ZERO NBA Games.

The projected starting PG has played ZERO NBA Games.

We currently have 19 guys on the roster, including Delon Wright.  These 19 guys have played a total of 431 games for the Grizzlies.  If we have any success in the Win/Loss column in 2019-20, it will be a story that even Hollywood wouldn't produce because it would not be believable.

I plan to be in my seats for as many of the 41 home games as possible and looking forward to seeing JV, JJJ, and Ja start building some chemistry.  I would expect anyone other than these 3 playing well, will very likely lead to them finding other teams to play for at or before the trade deadline provided the Grizz can add any future assets.

Should be a year to remember.

Good points on the head coach and PG being rookies. It's going to be an uphill battle all season but hopefully a fun one. 

44 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

But how many teams are gonna be "great" next year? Anybody. Maybe Lakers if Kawhi goes there... every other team looks like a 45-55 win team. 

But sadly the grizzlies aren't one of those teams yet.

I need to know what the roster is going to be first

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Our top three returning scorers from last year are :

• JV- 19.9 ppg but only played 19 games
  • Bradley- 16.1 ppg in 14 games but I doubt he will be back
  • JJJ- 13.8 ppg. A second year player with 58 NBA games under his belt

We are going to be hurting for scoring next year if this team stays the way it is. 

That why I want to keep Bradley for a year, but they might waive or trade him.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Bottom 2 in West.

Bottom 5 overall.

Pick  conveyance comes down to lottery.

This, but we will fight to win every game, our young talent will devolop and team will be one of the up and coming young in the league, I really excited about the Josh Jackson trade.

I am surprised nobody has said it yet but... at some point we gotta do it just for marketing purposes.

PG: Ja

SG: Josh

SF: Jae

PF: Jaren

C : Jonas

J 5!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am surprised nobody has said it yet but... at some point we gotta do it just for marketing purposes.

PG: Ja

SG: Josh

SF: Jae

PF: Jaren

C : Jonas

J 5!!!!!!!!!!

The J Crowd

All this talk about us being at or near the bottom, do you all think Dallas is ahead of us?  Sure, they've got Luka and Zinger, but KP hasn't really played so who knows how good he will be,  Tim Hardaway is meh.  I don't think their roster is superior to ours, is it?

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

All this talk about us being at or near the bottom, do you all think Dallas is ahead of us?  Sure, they've got Luka and Zinger, but KP hasn't really played so who knows how good he will be,  Tim Hardaway is meh.  I don't think their roster is superior to ours, is it?

we can only wish that ja will be as good as luka, and the same can be said of jaren and porzingis. luka is a savant and he proved it last year, and we all know that porzingis is a unicorn.

the grizzlies have a lot of potential, but unless ja can be as good as say dwade when he came into the league, I just don't see it. The only thing that gives me pause is that the grizzlies are building a defensive team with good to great defensive players, and the quicker you play defense the faster you will be respectable, plus jonas is going to help out a lot.

I mean if everything brakes right I could see a 40-42 record out of the grizzlies this year. 

16 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

They slot firmly into my maybes. Doncic will be better than Ja next year, if Porzingis is fit he'll be a great addition.  

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

we can only wish that ja will be as good as luka, and the same can be said of jaren and porzingis. luka is a savant and he proved it last year, and we all know that porzingis is a unicorn.

the grizzlies have a lot of potential, but unless ja can be as good as say dwade when he came into the league, I just don't see it. The only thing that gives me pause is that the grizzlies are building a defensive team with good to great defensive players, and the quicker you play defense the faster you will be respectable, plus jonas is going to help out a lot.

I mean if everything brakes right I could see a 40-42 record out of the grizzlies this year. 

Our FO is putting in work . maybe just shuffling the deck a bit and adding picks so far but I bet we end up looking alright and have a new starter on the wings by the deadline.

15 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Obviously there are still moves to be made before the start of the season but I just want to know what people are thinking. Where does this team stand? In the past couple of days, I have heard no less than 3 national outlets say something to the effect that basically 14 out of the 15 teams in the Western conference are in playoff contention, the Grizz are the 15th team that is not. Who knows what deals will be made but what are your expectations right now and why?

We are not in contention but Phx is?

What a joke

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Porzingis is a massive question mark. He may never be the same again. People drooling about Doncic but how many wins did he actually contribute to? The rest of their roster could be as good or bad as us and anyone else. They will not be a good team, book it.

14 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Does this Josh Jackson trade change anything for anyone?

Josh Jackson needs playing time, responsibility and a chance of direction in his life. The only way he moves the needle immediately is down.

after these new moves  my W /L  went 27 wins to 36 wins next year