Grizzled Vet

Can Solomon Hill contribute

Recommended Posts

I see where Miles Plumlee could be that center that adds depth if he sticks around, but what about Hill?

What happened to this guy?

Besides the fact he already has contributed to this franchise by helping it move Parsons, can he contribute this season, if he makes it to opening day?

Clearly he wasn't worth the contract, like Parsons, but I don't think he's had problematic health problems (did tear a hamstring), but he had played well as a Pacer and decently in first year in New Orleans, but then couldn't get on the floor, it seems. He's actually played fewer games these last two years than Parsons.

To be clear, I expect nothing and prefer another trade, but is it too optimistic that him being in a contract year might make him playable in a CJ Miles type of way?

Grizzlies still can roll out the old man 2nd unit of Bradley, Korver, Solomon Hill, AI, and Plumlee (CJ Miles as option) !! Sure to get that AARP endorsement.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have to ask that question, the answer is more than likely no. I don't expect him to be on the roster come opening night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I see where Miles Plumlee could be that center that adds depth if he sticks around, but what about Hill?

What happened to this guy?

Besides the fact he already has contributed to this franchise by helping it move Parsons, can he contribute this season, if he makes it to opening day?

Clearly he wasn't worth the contract, like Parsons, but I don't think he's had problematic health problems (did tear a hamstring), but he had played well as a Pacer and decently in first year in New Orleans, but then couldn't get on the floor, it seems. He's actually played fewer games these last two years than Parsons.

To be clear, I expect nothing and prefer another trade, but is it too optimistic that him being in a contract year might make him playable in a CJ Miles type of way?

Grizzlies still can roll out the old man 2nd unit of Bradley, Korver, Solomon Hill, AI, and Plumlee (CJ Miles as option) !! Sure to get that AARP endorsement.

 

 

He played great in the Pacers, was a 3&D guy for them, then he got this big payday and after that dont got many production, special for what Pels paid him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can contribute at least as much as Parsons did (yeah ... that's not saying much).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pjs said:

He can contribute at least as much as Parsons did (yeah ... that's not saying much).

 

This is my expectation, if he's on the roster at all, but in looking into it, he was playing & contributing for the Pelicans before his injury two seasons ago, but then he couldn't get back on the court last year.

I wonder if the evolution of the game just passed him by, but I'm hopeful that in a contract year, the Grizzlies get a decent year from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah hopefully he'll contribute....

to another trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, On My Grizzlie said:

3 And D without the 3.. See Andre Roberson. Im fine if he stays on the team.Gives him a chance to earn a contract like he did with the pacers. 

He's 3 and D without the 3 or D. He's not even above average defensively. To answer OP, no he can't contribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

yeah hopefully he'll contribute....

to another trade

That would be great, but I doubt. He is waiving material or we will have to wait to deadline to move him. He would have to produce to make it possible too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

yeah hopefully he'll contribute....

to another trade

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

yeah hopefully he'll contribute....

to another trade

😯😟😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill isn't that good is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Hill isn't that good is he?

Lol you get the picture from this thread huh?

No, not even for the vet minimum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Lol you get the picture from this thread huh?

No, not even for the vet minimum

Oh.....that's not good lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grizzgolf said:

Oh.....that's not good lol. 

In the games I saw against him this past season, he was absolutely useless, I was actually hoping he'd stay out on the court against us LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

In the games I saw against him this past season, he was absolutely useless, I was actually hoping he'd stay out on the court against us LOL

 

Now that you mention it, I kind of remember this.

I can remember watching thinking, "Oh no, he's killed us in the past", but then thinking, "not a factor".

 

Definitely a candidate to be bought out if roster spots are needed, and never get another contract unless it is overseas.

Although, I'm still hopeful since he actually was a meaningful player at one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note the use of the word OK and the absence of the word good.

Twice

That about tells you all you need to know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Note the use of the word OK and the absence of the word good.

Twice

That about tells you all you need to know....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Note the use of the word OK and the absence of the word good.

Twice

That about tells you all you need to know....

 

It's probably similar to when a friend is trying to set you up with a girlfriends friend so that you can do a double date.

Too  many OKs, not enough good in the explanation isn't a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now