A backup Center and a 3 and D wing. Better than the bag of chips I thought we’d get. 

*ok never mind Solomon hill is trash. Miles Plumlee is decent tho*

11 minutes ago, King Dork said:

A backup Center and a 3 and D wing. Better than the bag of chips I thought we’d get. 

*ok never mind Solomon hill is trash. Miles Plumlee is decent tho*

Yea we basically got our backup Center.    Hill is trash but he would be more productive than disgruntled Iggy and cost less. 

We are about to have a record number of buyouts for one team, aren't we??

Chandler wanted a buyout of his contract. FO said screw that and traded him to Atlanta. I love the new Front Office!

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Chandler wanted a buyout of his contract. FO said screw that and traded him to Atlanta. I love the new Front Office!

All of these moves make me really appreciate just how terrible Wallace was... Even just these mediocre moves are getting the fanbase so pumped about competence in the FO. 

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

They deserve credit, lets hope they can use the money, picks, etc on real players soon.

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Exactly. Parsons has robbed this franchise enough, let somebody else deal with this headache.

I get the feeling he could have been traded before but the previous FO didn't want to admit to their mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

All of these moves make me really appreciate just how terrible Wallace was... Even just these mediocre moves are getting the fanbase so pumped about competence in the FO. 

Word.

9 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Exactly. Parsons has robbed this franchise enough, let somebody else deal with this headache.

I get the feeling he could have been traded before but the previous FO didn't want to admit to their mistake. 

Yep.  If Wallace was still here either he would still be pushing to have Chandler as starting SF OR he would've tried #2 pick to get off his contract.  

Seems like this new FO is cleaning up everything from previous regime.   If it wasn't for SloMo's trade kicker i woudn't be surprised if he was next to be on the move. 

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep.  If Wallace was still here either he would still be pushing to have Chandler as starting SF OR he would've tried #2 pick to get off his contract.  

Seems like this new FO is cleaning up everything from previous regime.   If it wasn't for SloMo's trade kicker i woudn't be surprised if he was next to be on the move. 

I definitely think he would have given up future assets to trade Parsons, probably a future 1st rounder. Wallace thinks like posters on this board which is not good. 

It also makes you wonder if Fizz and Bickerstaff didn't have to deal with the crap of trying to play Parsons if things would have turned out differently. Not that i was impressed by either coaching but I think we see just how much of a headache and distraction Chancun was and they had to try to win with that foolishness. 

30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

totally agree

3 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I definitely think he would have given up future assets to trade Parsons, probably a future 1st rounder. Wallace thinks like posters on this board which is not good. 

It also makes you wonder if Fizz and Bickerstaff didn't have to deal with the crap of trying to play Parsons if things would have turned out differently. Not that i was impressed by either coaching but I think we see just how much of a headache and distraction Chancun was and they had to try to win with that foolishness. 

Fizz didn't want to play him (was what i heard) but JB was his buddy from HOU.    He 100% was the one who decided to start that dude at SF!!?!     That's way JB needed to get fired alone from that decision.    Remember when Chandler came back from limbo, JB immediately gave him minutes.  

11 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Fizz didn't want to play him (was what i heard) but JB was his buddy from HOU.    He 100% was the one who decided to start that dude at SF!!?!     That's way JB needed to get fired alone from that decision.    Remember when Chandler came back from limbo, JB immediately gave him minutes.  

But Fizz was one of those who wanted to sign him in the first place. Can't absolve him of responsiblity in this fiasco especially after he took the "kiss my a$$ approach when questioned about it.

Finally woooooooOoooOoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOoaooooooooooosjsjjdsjjwjsus

YesssssSSsSsjdjskdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdk

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how long the Plumlee and Hill contracts are for?

Just now, chipc3 said:

Does anyone know how long the Plumlee and Hill contracts are for?

Both have 1 year left. Broke one expiring into 2 smaller expirings. 

22 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't think it was so much the problem of being forced to play him, although that was a big problem when you are trying to get a rotation set and you don't know who's going to be around.

The big problem was he killed the payroll.  As much heat as JB got for that record last year, when you take out Parsons salary, it was a bottom 5 payroll, which is saying a lot, because it wasn't bottom 5 because it had a whole lot of guys on rookie deals.

He killed the payroll and every summer it was a time of just wait until these free agents go on sale, and pick up what you can.

Parsons was a swing for the fences signing that was a huge mistake.

tenor.gif?itemid=11920390

this idiot gave us  C+. He clearly doesn't understand how horrible this situation has been 

One of the more amusing trends this offseason has been teams swapping regrettable four-year contracts signed after the salary-cap jump in the summer of 2016 that expire after this season. The Atlanta Hawks, who've been collecting such deals as the only team not looking to use cap space primarily to sign free agents, send a pair of them to the Memphis Grizzlies for the much larger deal of forward Chandler Parsons.

What do the two teams get out of this trade, which is basically salary-neutral? Let's take a look.

The deal

Atlanta Hawks get: Chandler Parsons

Memphis Grizzlies get: Solomon Hill, Miles Plumlee

Atlanta Hawks: B

atl.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=true

The motivation for the Hawks here appears to primarily be about roster spots. Once they complete the trade agreed to on draft night, bringing Hill to Atlanta on July 6, they would have been committed to 12 guaranteed contracts plus a partially guaranteed deal for guard Jaylen Adams. That wouldn't give general manager Travis Schlenk much flexibility to add to the roster via future trades with the team's remaining $14 million or so in cap space, or to add cheaper young free agents along the lines of last year's deal for Alex Len.

By making this 2-for-1 trade, the Hawks are down to three expiring contracts from the summer of 2016 filling up their roster: Parsons, Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner. While Crabbe and Turner look set to play rotation roles off the bench this season, I'd be more surprised if that were the case with Parsons, who has rated worse than replacement level two of the past three years as he has been limited by persistent soreness in his right knee.

Memphis Grizzlies: C+

mem.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=true

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Grizzlies made this deal after they were unable to come to terms with Parsons on a buyout. ESPN's Bobby Marks points out that the two smaller contracts for Hill ($12.8 million) and Plumlee ($12.5 million) will be more tradeable than Parsons' $25.1 million salary. Memphis could use those expiring deals to take on bad salary for 2020-21, when the team could have massive cap space, before this year's trade deadline.

Nonetheless, I might rather have the extra roster spot. After making all their reported deals, the Grizzlies will be at 17 players under full NBA contract before potentially re-signing restricted free agent Delon Wright. That figure should clear up, as both Avery Bradley and Kyle Korver could be waived before their salaries fully guarantee next week and Andre Iguodala is a buyout candidate, but leaves little room to add young prospects.

More than anything, I suspect Memphis just wanted to be rid of Parsons, whose contract quickly turned ugly because knee injuries kept him off the court and sapped his production when he was on it. Parsons became symbolic of the Grizzlies' failed attempt to remain competitive in the West in the late prime of stars Mike Conley and Marc Gasol, an era on which Memphis has now turned the page.

I get the feeling that the national media will put a negative spin on anything we do. 

It's funny because production-wise Parsons was the better player between the three of them last year. I mean paying 12.5 mill for a backup center who averaged just 4 points a game in 18 games while coming off knee surgery wouldn't be very smart now would it. All they've done here is split that Parsons contract into two salaries. They could waive one and try to trade the other. Don't expect either of these guys to be on the team next year.