JWill4L

Grizzlies sign Marko Guduric

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Well looks like we got ourselves a shooter. 

Really pumped about this signing. It might be a steal. If its not atleast we tried. Dude can hit 3s. Time to see if he can do it on a NBA level. 

20 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Who knows what's gonna happen in the win/loss column, but it looks like we have a really cool team.

and unique... I see even that it may open a new era. 

51 minutes ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

Anybody think he can be our Reddick or Bellinelli?

Hopefully the Grizzlies Front Office does. 

2 hours ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

Anybody think he can be our Reddick or Bellinelli?

He looks like a power guard who can shoot. Maybe better as a 6th man than starter. Tougher than Reddick with more all-around stuff but less of a pure shooter (can't get much better as a pure shooter than Reddick). But I have only watched one brief highlight package.  haha

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

He looks like a power guard who can shoot. Maybe better as a 6th man than starter. Tougher than Reddick with more all-around stuff but less of a pure shooter (can't get much better as a pure shooter than Reddick). But I have only watched one brief highlight package.  haha

I think that's pretty fair

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Shot over 50% from the floor and over 47% from the arc in Europe last season. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Shot over 50% from the floor and over 47% from the arc in Europe last season. 

Is the European 3 the same distance as the NBA ? 

Also ... this thread got me to thinking 🤔 

(hereee we go !) 

IF you have a team that has 3 super solid guys ... wouldn’t that make the last guy’s percentages trend up ?

would Klay be a sharpshooter if he was his team’s number one option ?

(say Steph and Draymond are not there ) 

So...

who did he play with 

what system was it 

how will these numbers hold up in the NBA ?

Can / should we expect better / same / lower numbers ?

6 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

A players Moxie has a lot to do with NBA transition,  Manu's numbers held up well, Casey Jacobsen... not so much

15 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

A players Moxie has a lot to do with NBA transition,  Manu's numbers held up well, Casey Jacobsen... not so much

That also explains Luka successful transition too. 

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

(hereee we go !) 

IF you have a team that has 3 super solid guys ... wouldn’t that make the last guy’s percentages trend up ?

So...

who did he play with 

what system was it 

It's about a 1ft closer in in Europe. 

He was 4th on the team in scoring. He took the 8th most shots though, so he was super efficient (meaning he probably had tons of open looks). He had a couple former NBA players with Joffrey Lauvergne and Tyler Ennis, plus Nicolo Melli just signed a contract this year. 

No idea on any of the rest of the questions. 

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I've heard this about every offseason.

It might be 30% true this time

5 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I've heard this about every offseason.

Wesley Person to OJ Mayo to Wayne Ellington to Casey Jacobsen to Troy Daniels to Chandler Parson to...MARKO GUDURIC?!

On 8/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ace-is-high said:

Moxie?!?  Please, Manu's talent is the reason he succeeded.  His European stats where way more impressive than Jacobsen's.  Not even remotely comparable.  Manu was the best player in the league.  He won two Italian League MVPs and a EuroLeague Finals MVP.  Casey was just a guy.  I think Marko is better than that but let's not throw around Manu or Luka comparisons.

32 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

Moxie?!?  Please, Manu's talent is the reason he succeeded.  His European stats where way more impressive than Jacobsen's.  Not even remotely comparable.  Manu was the best player in the league.  He won two Italian League MVPs and a EuroLeague Finals MVP.  Casey was just a guy.  I think Marko is better than that but let's not throw around Manu or Luka comparisons.

The German league is an utter backwater. The Italian league is bounds and leaps more competitive, and it's still a tier below the ACB.

40 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

I interpreted Ace’s ‘moxie’ reference as GUTS plain and simple.

Manu clearly was very talented... add in the lay it all out there attitude he displayed made him even better to me. 

On 8/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, kevofrommempho said:

Talent?  Manu was drafted where? In the late 2nd if I remember right.. there are people that make boatloads of money to evaluate talent and whiff on players pretty regularly when judging a player on talent alone...it's not just talent what the players that shine have, it is the 'it' factor

On 8/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

(hereee we go !) 

So...

who did he play with 

what system was it 

I would think ... the same.  Wouldn't be our top option even if he did start.  Probably a 6th man at best.  Ja stretches the floor with passing.  Jonas has to be respected inside and Jaren bends the defense in all sorts of ways.  Looks like a fairly optimal set-up for Guduric' stats to translate fairly well.  Although we should still have an extra shooter out there.  

If Guduric can shoot on the move then that would help us out more even if his percentages declined a bit -- his shooting would be more impactful and could probably help our other (standstill) corner 3 shooters.  

5 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Talent?  Manu was drafted where? In the late 2nd if I remember right.. there are people that make boatloads of money to evaluate talent and whiff on players pretty regularly when judging a player on talent alone...it's not just talent what the players that shine have, it is the 'it' factor

This makes no sense. Are you saying Thabeet was super talented because he was the #2 pick? 

11 minutes ago, Allen said:

This makes no sense. Are you saying Thabeet was super talented because he was the #2 pick? 

Seriously?  Your kinda making my point but avoiding the entire narrative ... I'll just give you the written out in crayon version.. talent isn't enough, you need drive, that's the jist of it