chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Utah Jazz - Summer League

9 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Oh.....I thought UK stood for University of Kentucky.  Sorry about that.  My parents lived in London back in 1962-63.  My dad loved it there.

I didn't know Lawson was a foreigner.

No need to apologise :) There aren't too many Brits that even get the opportunity to play summer league so he has to chalk this up as a win. 

4 hours ago, UkGrizz said:

I was just batting for my fellow countryman. He looked solid in the paint but you're right.

Now I am reading your posts with a British accent !

💫🤣💫

Glad to have you over there representing!

( I also thought UK was for Kentucky

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

A Brit that likes the NBA and the Grizzlies to boot? That deserves double commendation.

Haha, I spent a few weeks working in Memphis and got really into Basketball, went to a Grizzlies game and got hooked. I like an underdog and couldn't support a team without having some connection, however loose. They've got under my skin and I'm passionate about the Grizzlies now and spend far too much time on forums/reddit, listening to podcasts, watching stuff on league pass and YouTube and trying to learn as much as I can about the Grizzlies and the basketball in general.

23 hours ago, UkGrizz said:

Haha, I spent a few weeks working in Memphis and got really into Basketball, went to a Grizzlies game and got hooked. I like an underdog and couldn't support a team without having some connection, however loose. They've got under my skin and I'm passionate about the Grizzlies now and spend far too much time on forums/reddit, listening to podcasts, watching stuff on league pass and YouTube and trying to learn as much as I can about the Grizzlies and the basketball in general.

That’s awesome! Was it the actual game that won you over, or just the whole experience?

33 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That’s awesome! Was it the actual game that won you over, or just the whole experience?

More the experience and talking to fans got me interested in the history of the Grizzlies and I enjoyed basketball much more than I was expecting, it doesn't have a good rep in the UK, so a combination of things got me hooked.