Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

9 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

We just traded $38 million, we gotta have more than Winslow coming back.

Dion Waiters and James Johnson are coming back with Winslow is what I’m hearing but that part of the deal isn’t finished yet.

3 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

noooooo....how will i become a Champion if you do this

it's my 1194 post...only 1806 left

You’re my champion buddy!

now...lock it up! Lock it up!

Watching SportsCenter this morning and somebody named Nicole Briscoe is hosting. She's talking about the Iggy trade and when she mentions Memphis says "a team (Iggy) had NO intentions of playing for and I don't blame him" WTF was that about? it's stuff like that that irritates me. What's the reason for the opinion? Stuff like that gets into thecasual fans head and makes them think the Grizz are a bad team. 

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Dion Waiters and James Johnson are coming back with Winslow is what I’m hearing but that part of the deal isn’t finished yet.

Why in the world would the Grizz take on that much salary in return just to get an oft injured Winslow? Both Johnson and Waiters have another year on their contract after this year and Winslow has 2 (well, a team option). They had to have gotten multiple picks or something otherwise, this makes no sense to me. I've heard OKC is involved as well but if they traded Iggy, Jae and Hill (all expiring contracts) to take on an oft-injured player and 2 bad contracts, i'm not that happy this morning. 

Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why in the world would the Grizz take on that much salary in return just to get an oft injured Winslow? Both Johnson and Waiters have another year on their contract after this year and Winslow has 2 (well, a team option). They had to have gotten multiple picks or something otherwise, this makes no sense to me. I've heard OKC is involved as well but if they traded Iggy, Jae and Hill (all expiring contracts) to take on an oft-injured player and 2 bad contracts, i'm not that happy this morning. 

It’s just a rumor but Waiters fills a need for a spot up shooter on the perimeter and Winslow, when healthy, is a fantastic young talent. James Johnson best days were playing in Memphis and it isn’t certain this is a stopping place for any of these guys. Patience is suggested until we see how everything works out.

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It’s just a rumor but Waiters fills a need for a spot up shooter on the perimeter and Winslow, when healthy, is a fantastic young talent. James Johnson best days were playing in Memphis and it isn’t certain this is a stopping place for any of these guys. Patience is suggested until we see how everything works out.

Just trying to wait to see what else. They said they wanted a 1st round pick for Iggy and they said they wanted a 1st round pick for Jae, so I expect 2 1st rounders at the very least. As far as Waiters goes, he hasn't played more than 50 games since 2016. His best days may be behind him as well. He was dang near out of the league a couple of months ago so I'm sure they are more than happy to dump him and get away from his contract. There has to be some additional sweeteners going on. 

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Locking threads!  Next it'll be burning books, or cat juggling!  Madness!!

That would have been a nice twist to Dallas' half time show.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Just trying to wait to see what else. They said they wanted a 1st round pick for Iggy and they said they wanted a 1st round pick for Jae, so I expect 2 1st rounders at the very least. As far as Waiters goes, he hasn't played more than 50 games since 2016. His best days may be behind him as well. He was dang near out of the league a couple of months ago so I'm sure they are more than happy to dump him and get away from his contract. There has to be some additional sweeteners going on. 

Have you ever played poker? Ever negotiated a deal or contract? 

What you ask for and what you are willing to accept are often very different. The Front Office is likely playing poker here and bluffing to get the other side to sweeten their offers. Getting Winslow who is a veteran and a former lottery pick and only 23 years old is better than a draft pick in my eyes. I don't understand trading Solo and Jae for JJ and Waiters but that hasn't been completed so it may change between now and the deadline this afternoon. 

If the deal for us is Winslow, Waiters and James Johnson in exchange for Iguodala, Crowder and Hill, then I don't like this deal nearly as much and actually am kind of bummed we made it. But we'll see what happens - I could be on board with that deal if there are some sort of picks coming our way.

3 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

If the deal for us is Winslow, Waiters and James Johnson in exchange for Iguodala, Crowder and Hill, then I don't like this deal nearly as much and actually am kind of bummed we made it. But we'll see what happens - I could be on board with that deal if there are some sort of picks coming our way.

I still think OKC didnt want those bad deals and will rework the Heats picks that they own so we can get some pick comp from Miami. 

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

giphy.gif

Go to ESPN and they are making Iggy look like a God. Thankfully it worked out but if the Grizzlies would have been a terrible 13-38 team like almost everyone expected and they didnt find a good trade for him this could have been ugly.  But glad that neither one of those happened. 

Just now, Dwash said:

Go to ESPN and they are making Iggy look like a God. Thankfully it worked out but if the Grizzlies would have been a terrible 13-38 team like almost everyone expected and they didnt find a good trade for him this could have been ugly.  But glad that neither one of those happened. 

When you look at it with some detachement it really is a win-win. All the posturing was in the end just negotiation tactics.

ESPN on the other hand is straight out trash, other than a few remaining good journalists like Zach Lowe or Tim McMahon. Just throwing chum to the "highly knowledgeable" big market audiences.

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

When you look at it with some detachement it really is a win-win. All the posturing was in the end just negotiation tactics.

ESPN on the other hand is straight out trash, other than a few remaining good journalists like Zach Lowe or Tim McMahon. Just throwing chum to the "highly knowledgeable" big market audiences.

Yeah I agree. Its a big win for both sides. Just seems all the praise is going to Iggy, which sucks but no surprise. 

Just now, Dwash said:

Yeah I agree. Its a big win for both sides. Just seems all the praise is going to Iggy, which sucks but no surprise. 

Big deal, he's the one that's getting dumped (again) for cap relief next year.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I've seen our front office get a lot of credit from non-ESPN sources (Twitter and other media outlets). But yeah, ESPN is definitely biased.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Have you ever played poker? Ever negotiated a deal or contract? 

What you ask for and what you are willing to accept are often very different. The Front Office is likely playing poker here and bluffing to get the other side to sweeten their offers. Getting Winslow who is a veteran and a former lottery pick and only 23 years old is better than a draft pick in my eyes. I don't understand trading Solo and Jae for JJ and Waiters but that hasn't been completed so it may change between now and the deadline this afternoon. 

Yes, I understand that but it seems to me, they would want some type of sweetener to take on Johnson and Waiters. I'll just wait until all of the details are finalized before critiquing.

Just now, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Yes, I understand that but it seems to me, they would want some type of sweetener to take on Johnson and Waiters. I'll just wait until all of the details are finalized before critiquing.

No question. I just think demanding two #1 picks because the Grizzlies were rumored to be asking for a #1 pick for both Iggy and Jae is bit of a reach. 

23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

No question. I just think demanding two #1 picks because the Grizzlies were rumored to be asking for a #1 pick for both Iggy and Jae is bit of a reach. 

I'm not big on draft picks but I do feel that those are 2 bad contracts so we need some sweetener to take those on. 

Kleinman(I think it was him) made some statement about how we're not a stepping stone to help more glamorous franchises win championships yet right now that's what this seems like to me. If we break it up, I'm fine with Iggy for Winslow as you basically get a younger version, now Winslow has been injury prone but I'm fine with that. Then when you look at the combo of Waiters and Johnson vs Hill and Crowder. I'll take Hill and Crowder every day of the week over Waiters and Johnson. Not to mention Hill and Crowder are both expirings and Waiters and Johnson's are not. Their contracts go to 2021(Johnson WILL pick up that option)

I'm just confused at the moment cause it seems like we really made MIA much better while we should be happy with basically just Winslow. Sure, if it was Iggy for Winslow straight up, I'm fine but the rest of the seal confuses me. I'll wait until everything gets finalized.

What about Olynyk instead of Johnson? Would a three point shooting back up center not interest you? 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Close this freaking thread already - mods.

Why? We still don't know what will happen with the Golden State draft pick...