Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

2 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

I was telling people about Winslow for decades

I’ve been calling it for a few months as the perfect two way player on a great deal. 

12 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

I’ve been calling it for a few months as the perfect two way player on a great deal. 

He is a smart, young, versatile wing, who is in addition an above average defender and playmaker. Not many players in NBA fit us so well. A very few. Very-very few. I feel crazy about this trade.

8 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Winslow is a SF version of Melton. 
Clarke, Brooks, Winslow are all  from 1986. 

Winslow, jones and allen all played on duke. I have a feeling this was aldo a consideration.

30 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Guys I am not sure that all of you are strong enough to learn this but... Winslow is younger than Brooks... 

wut. you’re absolutely right I’m not strong enough for this. I am so hyped  

Also ... from ESPN's page on Winslow:

News: 1 hour agoWinslow (back) is part of a package going from the Heat to the Grizzlies on Wednesday in exchange for Andre Iguodala, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports.

Spin: Specifics regarding the deal are not yet known, though it sounds like Winslow will be one of multiple pieces headed to Memphis. While a back injury has kept Winslow sidelined for most of the season, he was effective across 66 games for the Heat last year, posting averages of 12.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.1 steals in 29.7 minutes.

I am so pumped about this Winslow trade. What an absolute win. On the other hand, I'm concerned about the gap in the locker room from Jae/Hill. I hope they got sometuing truly worth that value. 

Just now, srmjr23 said:

I am so pumped about this Winslow trade. What an absolute win. On the other hand, I'm concerned about the gap in the locker room from Jae/Hill. I hope they got sometuing truly worth that value. 

especially since all the pundits were like the grizzlies are going to buy it Andre iguodala out just to help the Lakers out I mean what best buddies are we.

1 minute ago, costarica2 said:

I wonder who is else coming in Waiters or Johnson. 

If we are gonna get one of those two, I'd say Johnson because we moved two that can play @ PF.

But who knows, they might both end up at OKC

Heat clearly trying to get Gallo right now too that's why it's gone quiet. They're gonna load up as much as possible cuz 2nd seed in the East is gonna be a dog fight and the Raps ain't lying down.

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

If we are gonna get one of those two, I'd say Johnson because we moved two that can play @ PF.

But who knows, they might both end up at OKC

If we get Johnson salary we better get a pick too, we are giving all the expiring vet players

So, in total for Mike Conley, the Grizzlies have received: Brandon Clarke De'Anthony Melton Josh Jackson Jae Crowder Grayson Allen Justise Winslow likely 2022 Utah 1st likely 2024 Golden State 1st 2 Phoenix 2nds still TBD with Crowder and Hill, but ****

3 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

So, in total for Mike Conley, the Grizzlies have received: Brandon Clarke De'Anthony Melton Josh Jackson Jae Crowder Grayson Allen Justise Winslow likely 2022 Utah 1st likely 2024 Golden State 1st 2 Phoenix 2nds still TBD with Crowder and Hill, but ****

Wow... that's an incredible haul!!

I would luv if we get Winslow + Leonard/Olynik (4th big to rotation) + 1st round pick(3rd team) in this deal for Jae + Solo + Iggy.