Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Make a 3 team trade: 

Grizz - Heat - Spurs

Heat wants a bigman and could use a elite defender next to Jimmy, so a trade like that makes sense. I believe they could give us a 1st for that. 

Spurs its a matter, if they fall in the standings, and if they see that wont make throught this year, it will be better to move now than later, getting the most they could for Derozan now it is better, next year is his player option.

And We go for it, all in, to go get a star to add to our starting five:

Ja/Dillon/Derozan/JJJ/JV 

Add a bigman to our solid bench and make room to sign Noah,  (Jones, Melton, Allen, Guduric, Josh, Crowder, Caboclo, Clarke, Olynik, Noah ; Konchar and Yuta)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uqaqkhd

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tbfaf9l

Spurs get two first round picks (Jazz pick and a pick from Heat) and two 2nds (we give them those). Giving up, 3 picks for a player that could win us post season games makes sense.

DeMar has a player option worth at $27 Million for next year. If he accepts the player option, then it will be a bad expiring contract for the Grizzlies. If he elects Free Agency, then we just gave them a first round pick. Don't want that to happen, especially with our new front office. Not a good trade based on where the Grizzlies plan to compete for a title. 

"The Rockets are engaged in three-way trade possibilities that might allow for them to use Capela to gather the draft assets needed to acquire an impact wing player, league sources said."

Wonder if they could be looking to get assets to move for Iggy

4 minutes ago, sativa417 said:

"The Rockets are engaged in three-way trade possibilities that might allow for them to use Capela to gather the draft assets needed to acquire an impact wing player, league sources said."

Sounds like it. They wanna trade Capela east and then get Iggy and some other guys.  Wouldn’t mind having Capela as a backup center.  

If we are gonna be the middle man then I want assets from BOTH sides — Houston and Boston/Atlanta/Whoever.  

15 minutes ago, sativa417 said:

It could be something where Capella goes to ATL, Iggy goes to HOU and Evan Turner goes to MEM. The Hawks also have future first round picks from Brookyln and OKC that could be used so Memphis gets the first round pick they're holding out for.

That’s the best trade I’ve heard so far. It makes Houston worse and we get our first and ET. I’ve always loved ET’s game. Why has he barely played with the Hawks? Was he hurt?

4 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Make a 3 team trade: 

Grizz - Heat - Spurs

Heat wants a bigman and could use a elite defender next to Jimmy, so a trade like that makes sense. I believe they could give us a 1st for that. 

Spurs its a matter, if they fall in the standings, and if they see that wont make throught this year, it will be better to move now than later, getting the most they could for Derozan now it is better, next year is his player option.

And We go for it, all in, to go get a star to add to our starting five:

Ja/Dillon/Derozan/JJJ/JV 

Add a bigman to our solid bench and make room to sign Noah,  (Jones, Melton, Allen, Guduric, Josh, Crowder, Caboclo, Clarke, Olynik, Noah ; Konchar and Yuta)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uqaqkhd

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tbfaf9l

Spurs get two first round picks (Jazz pick and a pick from Heat) and two 2nds (we give them those). Giving up, 3 picks for a player that could win us post season games makes sense.

I am not allergic to anything except stupid people. Because I don't know what to expect from them. Having said that, now you can understand why I'm allergic to Demar Derozan. If he puts on Memphis jersey on - no way I'm watching them play. Had enough of DD in Toronto.

If someone wants more info - check out Spurs talk board.

3 hours ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

It could be something where Capella goes to ATL, Iggy goes to HOU and Evan Turner goes to MEM. The Hawks also have future first round picks from Brookyln and OKC that could be used so Memphis gets the first round pick they're holding out for.

I just don't understand why ATL would want to trade their VERY valuable 1st round picks for a starting center when they're not going to be good for 3+ years.

5 hours ago, sativa417 said:

Houston needs Iggy. Well they might not but I want them to have iggy

After the Capela and Milwaukee rumours, I am more or less convinced they are going to get a late first-round pick if the trade deadline gets mad (i.e. one western team make a really good move to add another piece, similar to Toronto with Gasol last season).

So, hot takes: Iguodala and Bruno will not be here on the 7th of February. We will end up with a late first-round pick in this draft (or early second, like the GSW one), an average wing defender and a third-string young center.

9 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

That’s the best trade I’ve heard so far. It makes Houston worse and we get our first and ET. I’ve always loved ET’s game. Why has he barely played with the Hawks? Was he hurt?

Id hate to have ET anywhere near our young guys.   He isn't a good locker-room guy at all.  His nickname is The Villain for a reason.    If they do it i pray they just buy him out.    Don't need another ball-dominant guy that can't shoot.  

11 hours ago, Plop Plop Griz Griz said:

Exactly my thought when I read the Capela to ATL rumor. The Hawks are looking for a C and I think they would be more than happy to give ET and Brooklyn's 1st, and even send Alex Len to Houston, for a young C like Capela, the guy is just 2 years older than Brandon Clarke and averages 14-14 and 2 blocks per game. In fact I don't really get why the Rockets want to get rid of him...

7 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

That would be a solid pick! I looked yesterday and it is around 21.  

Good trade for Milwaukee since they are as “all in” as anybody.  Basically, Finals or bust for them.

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bledsoe - im sure they'd be willing to give up Bledsoe  - but no way do i want him. 

Will never understand why they extended him during last year and then let Brogdon go at the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Will never understand why they extended him during last year and then let Brogdon go at the end of the year. 

Yep huge miscalculation.   But the fact the Memphis offered a defensive-wing means that Bucks are definitely in the market for one.  Fingers-crossed they take Jae instead and give up the first.  Then we swing another deal for Iggy to HOU or DAL for their picks.   Rebuild would be completely over in 2 seasons. 

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep huge miscalculation.   But the fact the Memphis offered a defensive-wing means that Bucks are definitely in the market for one.  Fingers-crossed they take Jae instead and give up the first.  Then we swing another deal for Iggy to HOU or DAL for their picks.   Rebuild would be completely over in 2 seasons. 

Playoffs next year could be a fight as I expect the West to rise again. New Orleans will rise. Warriors will come back hard. Portland is finally developing some roster depth. We arent home free yet. I think we need another major piece. 

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I think we need another major piece. 

we may already have that piece... each season we see the stories of the sophmore jump...

i really want to see us develop some sort of continuity...

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Playoffs next year could be a fight as I expect the West to rise again. New Orleans will rise. Warriors will come back hard. Portland is finally developing some roster depth. We arent home free yet. I think we need another major piece. 

6 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

we may already have that piece... each season we see the stories of the sophmore jump...

i really want to see us develop some sort of continuity...

+100 What he said!     

Resign Dillon and see if he can make that leap.  Hope Josh shows enough to come back.    We need to be more like TOR  and MIA who have been player development factories. 

Don't hesitate to move off of Crowder + Iggy to get more picks.   We may be able to still draft that piece or use those picks to trade for him. 

9 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I have a really hard time believing they three way Capela out for Iggy. I cant even genuinely throw out a cliche like "stranger things have happened" right now