Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

Dedmon sucks though. Random role players need to just shut up and collect their checks

Nah he is good enough to get 15-20 mins. Thats why they paid him 40 million. Been a positive defender (plus minus) for the last three years with some ability to spread the floor. A rotation player. His dispute sounds personal.

Dedmon too expensive to be 3rd string Center.   Jaren needs those minutes at backup.  We can get a cheap Big body for much much cheaper that will be more understandable about his role.   That is the value of Hill.   he is cool with getting DNPs or 10-15mins.    Dude get paid $40m aint gonna be.   Hence why he is on the trading block to begin with. 

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dedmon too expensive to be 3rd string Center.   Jaren needs those minutes at backup.  We can get a cheap Big body for much much cheaper that will be more understandable about his role.   That is the value of Hill.   he is cool with getting DNPs or 10-15mins.    Dude get paid $40m aint gonna be.   Hence why he is on the trading block to begin with. 

I actually believe that James Johnson could play as 3rd string Center on the deal you proposed before: 

Iguodala for Johnson + Jones Jr and if possible a pick

In fact, I believe he could replace SlowMo as garbage time player, if he is healthy and back in shape.

I would try then to go after Morris because we need a elite shooter and a plus defender on the forward position to go against the Superstars (Kawhi, George, Lebron and Giannis). The idea is to replace Solo with a better version of himself. 

Solo + Josh + two 2nds for Morris.

I suggested going after Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings, but if we get Jones Jr, Im ok with it.

Team would probably look like:

Ja/Jones/Grayson 

Dillon/Melton/Grayson

Crowder/Jones Jr/Grayson or Johnson 

Jaren/Morris/Johnson 

JV/Clarke/Johnson 

That is a solid 9 man rotation with Jones Jr, Grayson and Johnson only playing garbage time or if somebody gets hurt for a while. We would also have Guduric,  Caboclo, SlowMo, Yuta and Konchar cheering for our guys in the bench.

Ja/Jones/Melton

Dillon/Melton/Crowder

Crowder/Morris/Dillon

Jaren/Morris/Clarke

JV/Clarke/Jaren

I have no idea what  going to happen with this trade  , I only thing I believe is iguodala will not be a grizzlies 

21 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

So after listening to Lock On Grizzlies and The Daily Memphian I'm starting to think the clipper deal is the most realistic. 

I like some of the Miami deals but I dont want JJ back in return. We've been there done that.   Just my two cents before I work all day. 

What’s the Clipper deal?

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

What’s the Clipper deal?

The one where we get Maurice Harkless and some other bum plus a second round pick for Iggy. 

12 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Would y’all be about taking back Dwayne Dedmon’s three-year 40 mill deal for Iggy?

not in a million years

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

The one where we get Maurice Harkless and some other bum plus a second round pick for Iggy. 

And is not clear that its even on the table.

At this point I really have no idea why any team would give up a first round pick for a 36 year old who hasn't even played basketball in almost a year.  

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

At this point I really have no idea why any team would give up a first round pick for a 36 year old who hasn't even played basketball in almost a year.  

I really don't think they are expecting a first round pick. I think it was a ploy to jack up the price. I don't think it's working. We're less than 3 weeks away from the deadline. The offers may increase but the Grizz will take what they can get and I doubt that 1st rounder will be included. As I have said all along, GS GAVE us a 1st to get rid of him. Why would another team give us a 1st to take him off of our hands? We'll get what we can. I just hope it's not a return of long term salary for some mediocre player. I would rather just sit on Iggy until the end of the season and let his contract expires as oppose to doing a bad deal. We already have a 1sr round pick because of him..

Iggy's game has been in decline for years. If you were the Grizz GM looking to acquire Iggy from another team, would you give up a 1st and an asset that contributes? More than likely not..I know I wouldn't.

Not saying it will happen, but Houston still seems like the team that would benefit the most from getting Andre.  Andre is a good physical defender who can slow Lebron and Kawhi (or George) ... plus he doesn't require the ball (which is good since Harden and Westbrook are so ball-dominant).  Unfortunately Houston doesn't have much to offer in a deal.

31 minutes ago, pjs said:

Not saying it will happen, but Houston still seems like the team that would benefit the most from getting Andre.  Andre is a good physical defender who can slow Lebron and Kawhi (or George) ... plus he doesn't require the ball (which is good since Harden and Westbrook are so ball-dominant).  Unfortunately Houston doesn't have much to offer in a deal.

Houston can trade their 2020 first. No salaries to match however.

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

He’s probably worth a couple of late second rounders at that point. Would still be a “win” for us AND probably for whoever trades for him.

2024 first rounder from G,S will wind up be the winner of the iguadala trade 

by 2024 G.S  will s--- and then bingo 

3000 posts and good nite 

7 minutes ago, lions said:

2024 first rounder from G,S will wind up be the winner of the iguadala trade 

I think it is protected — not sure when the protection ends.  Could end up being a HUGE pick for us.  

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think it is protected — not sure when the protection ends.  Could end up being a HUGE pick for us.  

it should be HUGH by that time

We have a decent-sized stash of picks going forward. IF the right guy comes up at the deadline or a sign/trade maybe we try to use some of those picks.  

Draft picks and expirings are great trade packages.