Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I can't imagine a deal being done with the Bucks. Unless they are moving off of Brook Lopez, George Hill, or Eric Bledsoe, I can't see how a trade gets done. I know they want to get rid of Irsan, but there's no deal that can be done for just him. 

As far as other teams, Portland looks like they are good with Ariza.

The Suns could do Tyler Johnson and a 1st. Clippers could do Harkless and Filler. Those two are at least somewhat likely, but probably won't happen. 

Not very likely trades include the Sixers with Richardson and I guess Zhaire Smith for Iggy. I can see some reasoning behind moving on from JRich (mainly injuries, plus the experience of Iggy for the playoffs). I don't think they'll bite on that though. Denver could (and probably should) trade Gary Harris for Iggy. His efficiency and scoring are way down this year, plus it saves them a lot of money next year to re-sign Mason Plumlee and Malik Beasley (and maybe even Millsap). I'm sure they don't see it like that though.

Harris for Iggy is a decent trade. But Im not betting on Denver wanting to do that and Im not even sure if its a good idea to absorb that salary. 

43 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Harris for Iggy is a decent trade. But Im not betting on Denver wanting to do that and Im not even sure if its a good idea to absorb that salary. 

would be a terrible idea to absorb harris' salary

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Probably right on both accounts. Harris is a slight upgrade over Jae, but is that worth 18-20 million a year? Probably not. It would end before the Jaren and Ja extensions, so I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal. 

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

So good.5 days to go and this will be over !!

I’m with you on this one. Let’s do it today :) at the super bowl today watching my 9ers. PMI where you at:):)

32 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I’m with you on this one. Let’s do it today :) at the super bowl today watching my 9ers. PMI where you at:):)

Add Chip and me. Any more Niners fans in here?

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Add Chip and me. Any more Niners fans in here?

When I used to follow football I was, but the last time I followed football was when the 9ers won the bowl

The Knicks are apparently trying to dump Randle's contract so they can have cap space next year. It's at least someone to consider. Not sure what they really want other than an expiring contract though. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

The Knicks are apparently trying to dump Randle's contract so they can have cap space next year. It's at least someone to consider. Not sure what they really want other than an expiring contract though. 

He would immediately be in Coach Jenkins' doghouse for pushing coach during the fracas at MSG the other night.

30 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

He would immediately be in Coach Jenkins' doghouse for pushing coach during the fracas at MSG the other night.

I doubt that.

36 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

I'm sure they can square that away. Stuff happens on the basketball court sometimes. 

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

I'm sure they can square that away. Stuff happens on the basketball court sometimes. 

Yeah its just push in a melee. They have probably forgotten about it already. 

some thing GOOD will happen at the trade dead line for our grizzlies  

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I doubt that.

I wasn't serious.....I just thought it would be funny.

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

That would be awesome if we were going back to 2014.

Perfect complement to Marc and ZBo.

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You have Ja as our new Conley and Melton as our new TA. Dillon gets his shot to see what Rudy would've looked like on that team. 

51 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yep, I remember bothering y'all about that repeatedly LOL but that ship sailed long ago, we got a ton of guys who can play @ PF, we need a true C

Is it true the Bucks offered a protected first for iggy? I saw it on twitter just now. Not from anyone with really any credit. 

Make a 3 team trade: 

Grizz - Heat - Spurs

Heat wants a bigman and could use a elite defender next to Jimmy, so a trade like that makes sense. I believe they could give us a 1st for that. 

Spurs its a matter, if they fall in the standings, and if they see that wont make throught this year, it will be better to move now than later, getting the most they could for Derozan now it is better, next year is his player option.

And We go for it, all in, to go get a star to add to our starting five:

Ja/Dillon/Derozan/JJJ/JV 

Add a bigman to our solid bench and make room to sign Noah,  (Jones, Melton, Allen, Guduric, Josh, Crowder, Caboclo, Clarke, Olynik, Noah ; Konchar and Yuta)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uqaqkhd

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tbfaf9l

Spurs get two first round picks (Jazz pick and a pick from Heat) and two 2nds (we give them those). Giving up, 3 picks for a player that could win us post season games makes sense.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Make a 3 team trade: 

Grizz - Heat - Spurs

Heat wants a bigman and could use a elite defender next to Jimmy, so a trade like that makes sense. I believe they could give us a 1st for that. 

Spurs its a matter, if they fall in the standings, and if they see that wont make throught this year, it will be better to move now than later, getting the most they could for Derozan now it is better, next year is his player option.

And We go for it, all in, to go get a star to add to our starting five:

Ja/Dillon/Derozan/JJJ/JV 

Add a bigman to our solid bench and make room to sign Noah,  (Jones, Melton, Allen, Guduric, Josh, Crowder, Caboclo, Clarke, Olynik, Noah ; Konchar and Yuta)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uqaqkhd

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tbfaf9l

Spurs get two first round picks (Jazz pick and a pick from Heat) and two 2nds (we give them those). Giving up, 3 picks for a player that could win us post season games makes sense.

No Derozan is good player but does not fit he is barely average defensively and cannot shoot. The Grizz value spacing so adding a guy who does not shoot the three ball and a heavy iso player is a no. 

15 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

No Derozan is good player but does not fit he is barely average defensively and cannot shoot. The Grizz value spacing so adding a guy who does not shoot the three ball and a heavy iso player is a no. 

I kind agree with your point, but we need another closer and scorer, to add to the duo Ja/Dillon. Also I dont believe we could get CJ Mccollum or Beal that would probably be the better options to add, Derozan is basically in his final year, is obtainable. Spurs might want to move him, and althought we have a bright future, I trully believe the window to win it all this year is open. Ja is already a top guard in the league, so if we add to what we already have, might just enought to move us into top tier conversation.

Also when Playoffs comes, you need some iso scorers too, it will continue to be most PNR but with some iso if necessary.

11 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I kind agree with your point, but we need another closer and scorer, to add to the duo Ja/Dillon. Also I dont believe we could get CJ Mccollum or Beal that would probably be the better options to add, Derozan is basically in his final year, is obtainable. Spurs might want to move him, and althought we have a bright future, I trully believe the window to win it all this year is open. Ja is already a top guard in the league, so if we add to what we already have, might just enought to move us into top tier conversation.

Also when Playoffs comes, you need some iso scorers too, it will continue to be most PNR but with some iso if necessary.

We should not be cashing in assets for a possible rental. If we add another piece it will likely be through free agency. Also even with Derozan we are not a top tier team. Lastly we already have a ball stopper in Dillion adding another one to the starting lineup who can’t shoot and is a average defender is not a plus.