Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

I'm good with with either Miami trade honestly. Johnson is a big upgrade over hill or Kyle for the backup PF. I'd love Derrick Jones, but I'd settle for Okpala and a future second. 

Winslow would be nice, but I struggle to see them going for it as they won't have a lot of ways to acquire talent. They would save over 19 million I believe with that deal for next year, so that would give them space to go after over people.

There's just not a lot of teams that make sense for Iggy. Miami is certainly one of them though. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/nba-trade-rumors-report-shows-lakers-path-to-andre-iguodala-trade/

There is a way for the Lakers to trade for Iggy, but they'd have to pull off a second trade prior to it. 

In the end we essentially get MKG from Charlotte, and probably a 2nd or two. 

Not an ideal haul, but there is some potential for MKG still and he's still pretty young at 26. 

Still rather do one of the Miami deals, but if no one else comes calling, this will work. 

Everyone keeps saying Iggy didn’t want to show up, I believe we also told him not to come. If we don’t find a trade worth anything, I would give him the chance to come and play before any buyout or just making him not play at all. That gives our front office the good faith look, and other players don’t say look how they treated Iggy

1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

Everyone keeps saying Iggy didn’t want to show up, I believe we also told him not to come. If we don’t find a trade worth anything, I would give him the chance to come and play before any buyout or just making him not play at all. That gives our front office the good faith look, and other players don’t say look how they treated Iggy

I agree: we should invite him to join us in PO. Then it becomes his decision with all consequences then followed. 

Honestly, I don’t give even a little fk about what future FA may think about this Iggy situation no matter how it ends up. I just refuse to buy this stupid concern which might easily has been insulated by LA fans or Iggy’s agent.

5 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=rbnu649 

I propose a SloMo+ Iggy for Winslow + Johson swap.     SloMo is a good player but doesn't really fit Taylor Jenkins system.   Pretty much everybody on the team "lets it fly" other than him.   He is better at PF than SF and is more of a defensive playmaker, which is exactly how they use Winslow.    Problem with Justise is his injury history, which is the risk we would be taking on.  Iggy is the additional playmaker they need and is an expiring.  SloMo makes less than Winslow so the move saves them money.    James Johson can sit at home are negotiate a buyout.  If we keep JJ he is strong enough to play some backup C and offers rim protection too.  

Or we can do a Iggy for James Johnson + Derrick Jones Jr.   

The math: Winslow is in the first year of a three-year extension that pays $13 million each season, with a team option for the final year in 2021-22.

So while Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo aren't going anywhere, while James Johnson and Dion Waiters assuredly wouldn't be accepted anywhere other than as cap filler, and while Duncan Robinson, Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro have cap-friendly contracts, there are plenty of contrasting perspectives in play elsewhere for Pat Riley, Andy Elisburg, Adam Simon, Nick Arison and the Heat coaching staff.
Justise Winslow
Living in the moment: The Heat's uneven defense in recent weeks, including at the close Friday in Brooklyn, certainly could benefit by the 23-year-old at his defense best. And yet the Heat also have shown an ability -- both this season and in previous seasons -- to win in Winslow's absence, which again is a factor amid ongoing back issues.

Taking the long view: So if not essential to the moment, Winslow could stand as perhaps the Heat's ultimate trade chip, either now or in the future. Or he also could stand as insurance for the potential offseason free-agency losses of Goran Dragic and/or Derrick Jones Jr.

Derrick Jones Jr.

The math: Jones is in the final year of a contract that pays $1.6 million this season, is to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and is ineligible for an extension in the interim.

Living in the moment: The 22-year-old has stood as a revelation over the past month, again anchoring the zone defense that has proven necessary. The Heat are faster and more athletic when Jones is in play, even as rough edges remain.

Taking the long view: Unless there is an offer for one year at a sizeable sum, Jones figures to chase a multiyear deal in free agency elsewhere, one that would carry over into the 2021 offseason. By trading him in advance, it could make him more attractive to an acquiring team, with his Bird rights in tow.

I know I’ve been drugged up lately but weren’t you saying a few days ago the Grizzlies shouldn’t trade Solomon Hill? 

Trading for MKG in a 3 team with the Lakers would give us an additional 3m in space, I believe, if we wanted to make another trade.

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

I agree: we should invite him to join us in PO. Then it becomes his decision with all consequences then followed. 

Honestly, I don’t give even a little fk about what future FA may think about this Iggy situation no matter how it ends up. I just refuse to buy this stupid concern which might easily has been insulated by LA fans or Iggy’s agent.

I agree about not caring what anyone thinks, if our young guys are as good as we think, they will come and play with winners

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I know I’ve been drugged up lately but weren’t you saying a few days ago the Grizzlies shouldn’t trade Solomon Hill? 

You are still drugged up bud.  The trade scenario is with SLOMO not SOLO.. LMAO

Another reason not to just waive Iggy and let him walk to the Lakers.

-That could be a future playoff opponent.  It's unlikely, but not impossible. - 

Trade him to the East.

Trade him to teams 3-7 in the West.

Or waive him after March 2nd.

33 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Another reason not to just waive Iggy and let him walk to the Lakers.

-That could be a future playoff opponent.  It's unlikely, but not impossible. - 

Trade him to the East.

Trade him to teams 3-7 in the West.

Or waive him after March 2nd.

I was thinking that he may come in handy after if we end up playing the Lakers 

4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I don't believe that's the case at all. I am sure the FO would be happy, maybe even patting themselves on the back to have traded for a finals MVP teaching the young ones the ropes. If he came in with the right attitude he could have been a real advantage to have for the youngsters. 

Unfortunately his ego refused to allow himself to be on a perceived non-playoff small market team. 

I suspect now that we're in the hunt for a playoff spot with the youngsters playing so well and his perceived self-worth not where it is, Iggy might be second guessing his decision. 

Doesn't matter though, his ego will make him double down on his initial decision and he will not play a single minute for the Grizzlies. 

10 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'm good with with either Miami trade honestly. Johnson is a big upgrade over hill or Kyle for the backup PF. I'd love Derrick Jones, but I'd settle for Okpala and a future second. 

Winslow would be nice, but I struggle to see them going for it as they won't have a lot of ways to acquire talent. They would save over 19 million I believe with that deal for next year, so that would give them space to go after over people.

There's just not a lot of teams that make sense for Iggy. Miami is certainly one of them though. 

That's a laugh.  He got suspended from MIA and he's not known as a good locker room guy to the best of my knowledge.  What happened to the youth movement?  He would instantly be the oldest player on the team.  I don't want to bring in someone who would adversely affect the team chemistry.

Why make any change right now?  We just beat one of the top teams in the league and we're on a roll with a six game winning streak and 8 out of our last 10.  Brevin said on the game telecast that since December 9 there's only been two teams in the league better than us - and all some of you want to do is change it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Iggy’s trade value might be going up the more we win.

NOBODY wants to play the Grizzlies in the playoffs — ESPECIALLY with a rested Iggy.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Iggy’s trade value might be going up the more we win.

NOBODY wants to play the Grizzlies in the playoffs — ESPECIALLY with a rested Iggy.

Why?  He will never suit up for us.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

That's a laugh.  He got suspended from MIA and he's not known as a good locker room guy to the best of my knowledge.  What happened to the youth movement?  He would instantly be the oldest player on the team.  I don't want to bring in someone who would adversely affect the team chemistry.

Why make any change right now?  We just beat one of the top teams in the league and we're on a roll with a six game winning streak and 8 out of our last 10.  Brevin said on the game telecast that since December 9 there's only been two teams in the league better than us - and all some of you want to do is change it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He got suspended for not passing the Heat's conditioning test. Not that that is acceptable, but not really that bad. He's back and playing now. Kyle and Hill suck by and large. If you have a chance to get better, why not take it? I've never known him to be a bad locker room influence, so that's really unfounded nonsense. Hill isn't that young either, obviously Johnson is older, but it's a vet replacing a vet, why should that matter? Plus, the point of the trade is to get a young player, isn't that the whole point?

48 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We should trade Iggy to a non-playoff team as we go to the Playoffs  LMAO    

+1 ! I got tired with all the Iggy  story... hope it finish soon. Get a good offer trade him, if not ask him to play ( he is much better than Jae or Hill) and if he doesn't want, send him to Gleague !!

Winslow would be perfect fit wise for what we do. His ability to handle the ball, shoot and defend would probably make him the best two wing we have ever Grizz had.

Iggy +Hill for Winslow and Waiters 

waiters gets to stay home of Ofcourse no need for him causing a distraction 

It is not realistic to aim for a future 1st, and I don't think this is what FO is targeting. A young talent like Derrick Jones Jr or Malik Beasley would be nice and I think they are gettable. In the worst case scenario, I think they could get a couple of mid second round picks or a high second round pick in return. 

why are people still mentioning beasley?  he's going to be looking for a payday and we get similar production on cheap contracts for a couple years from melton and allen, both of whom eye-test wise are also better defenders.  as much as dillon can be a knucklehead IQ-wise, I'd rather pay him and melton this summer than beasley.

I just want us to get more assets..., we showed yesterday that we can win without Jae, and we have shown that we can win without Iggy. Getting more assets will allow us to do other trades... 

52 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

why are people still mentioning beasley?  he's going to be looking for a payday and we get similar production on cheap contracts for a couple years from melton and allen, both of whom eye-test wise are also better defenders.  as much as dillon can be a knucklehead IQ-wise, I'd rather pay him and melton this summer than beasley.

yea i agree with you.   However, we could get Beasley and redirect him to a 3rd team for a better fitting asset.   

Melton  + Grayson are better options over Beasley.      All Dillon has to do is just get smarter about his shot-selection and timing and he instantly becomes a legit piece.    His shotmaking and creation ability is real and he gives effort on defense.   That is more than any other FA we could realistically get this off season.