Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

The main reason, in my opinion, that we would buy him out is to free up a roster spot, which isn't insignificant. I'm skeptical of this Serb (is that even official yet, btw)? Some other posters mentioned it seeming like a C.W move, and I'm not gonna lie, that was the first thing I thought too. Shades of Rade Zagorac crossed my mind - a call back to a time when we would arbitrarily sign people, leading us to have to make tough roster decisions. I think it was Troy Williams that was the odd man out because of Rade. I'm going to give this F.O the benefit of the doubt, because everything theyve done has been great, but that one is curious. Hopefully he's awesome.

Honestly,  it doesn't matter what they do with Iggy.  Heck, they may just keep him permanently inactive until the trade deadline and let him stay living on the West Coast.  

This is what we did - we used an asset, to get an even better asset, which could become even more assets.  

That's all I need to see to know this is a new day in Grizzland. I love it.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

The main reason, in my opinion, that we would buy him out is to free up a roster spot, which isn't insignificant. I'm skeptical of this Serb (is that even official yet, btw)? Some other posters mentioned it seeming like a C.W move, and I'm not gonna lie, that was the first thing I thought too. Shades of Rade Zagorac crossed my mind - a call back to a time when we would arbitrarily sign people, leading us to have to make tough roster decisions. I think it was Troy Williams that was the odd man out because of Rade. I'm going to give this F.O the benefit of the doubt, because everything theyve done has been great, but that one is curious. Hopefully he's awesome.

fanboyslim already pointed out that he's not like Zagorac at all and probably has a better shot at making it than Rade did.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:03 PM, Jonboy said:

that 2026 pick from Goldenstate should be a good pick they should su==by then 

6 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

I don't think he's NBA ready yet. I think we just hope he can knock down some 3s. 

19 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I think we need to squeeze Iggy and LA for all we can.

Same here.  I don't think a buyout is the way to go.  If he is on the roster all year its ok with me...I don't see a Grizz advantage in just buying him out and letting him go play with BronBrow.

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I don't think he's NBA ready yet. I think we just hope he can knock down some 3s. 

Aside from the speed adjustment that euro wings have to go through he will probably be the best euro wing the Grizz have brought over since Juan Carlos Navarro....

The last two wings we brought over played for bad teams in week leagues Rade and Timma 

Guduric played for one of the best teams in Euroleague and he was a main piece for them. I think he will surprise alot

5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Giving up a roster spot to someone who isn't NBA ready when it could potentially cost someone else a spot is very dubious.

We should look at The Bulls as trade partner for Iggy if they are set on making the playoffs

4 minutes ago, QMemphis said:

We should look at The Bulls as trade partner for Iggy if they are set on making the playoffs

The problem with that would be that Chicago would likely want to dump longer term contracts on the Grizzlies to make the salaries work. I am not sure the Grizzlies want to tie up salary beyond this coming season. 

2 hours ago, Gradey said:

I don't see a Grizz advantage in just buying him out and letting him go play with BronBrow.

🤣💨

They could try to wait him out.  Keep him under contract until he gets antsy about playing and accepts a good buyout.  If we buy out his contract and LAL or someone picks him up does his new salary come off our cap?

14 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

They could try to wait him out.  Keep him under contract until he gets antsy about playing and accepts a good buyout.  If we buy out his contract and LAL or someone picks him up does his new salary come off our cap?

Not all if it. If we waive him at 17m and he signs a vet min of 2.3 m. The grizzlies can shed around 500k or so.

To figure it out you take his new salary and subtract the min salary 2nd year player and divide by 2.

I guess its set up using 1/2nd year salary to keep the old guys around a bit longer.

Just now, IdrinkGuinness said:

Not all if it. If we waive him at 17m and he signs a vet min of 2.3 m. The grizzlies can shed around 500k or so.

Better than nothing I guess.

13 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If Andre wants out he has to drop his price significantly. If he wants the money he has to accept that the Warriors traded him to us and it sucks but that's the way it goes. I don't believe the Grizzlies should pay him anything to let him out of his contract personally. If he wants out he gets nothing but our warm regards and good luck for the future. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

If Andre wants out he has to drop his price significantly. If he wants the money he has to accept that the Warriors traded him to us and it sucks but that's the way it goes. I don't believe the Grizzlies should pay him anything to let him out of his contract personally. If he wants out he gets nothing but our warm regards and good luck for the future. 

Exactly...

Question now is what does Iggy wants.

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I kind of agree with that partly and the other part would rather have the roster spot if he doesn't want to be here.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Delon gets priced out of our range - that may not be a bad idea.    Kris Dunn + Bruno + 2 Seconds for Iggy.    

http://tradenba.com/trades/SJaGPZFlH

That covers backup PG and C.  

Not a big fan of either Dunn or Bruno personally and adding salary over the next few years doesn't really interest me either but the Grizzlies will have to do something about the backup PG position. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Delon gets priced out of our range - that may not be a bad idea.    Kris Dunn + Bruno + 2 Seconds for Iggy.    

http://tradenba.com/trades/SJaGPZFlH

That covers backup PG and C.  

Due to Felecio not expiring until next year I would definitely need a first. But Delon can be moved to the 2 and would prefer him start with Ja if we get a another backup PG 

38 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The problem with that would be that Chicago would likely want to dump longer term contracts on the Grizzlies to make the salaries work. I am not sure the Grizzlies want to tie up salary beyond this coming season. 

True but a decent risk given the opportunity to add another asset. A buy out of Felecio 7 million next year makes more since than Iggy at 17 mil. 

Just now, QMemphis said:

True but a decent risk given the opportunity to add another asset. A buy out of Felecio 7 million next year makes more since than Iggy at 17 mil. 

The Grizzlies aren't buying out Iggy for $17 million. If Iggy wants out he will have to take as significant pay cut. 

Parsons could be bought out at full market value but not Iggy. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies aren't buying out Iggy for $17 million. If Iggy wants out he will have to take as significant pay cut. 

I got you Chip I am also against paying him 15 mil to go to a contender. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

I would give him 50% and that's it. If he doesn't take that, I'd say we'll try our best to sign you otherwise, you'll sit if you don't want to play for us. I can be petty on things like that. If he doesn't want to play here (no indications of that, just saying) I'd rather force him to sit and pay him to stay away from the team than to give i to his demands. It's only 1 year.