Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

32 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Simply not true. I sort of think that people with this opinion haven't watched the playoffs the last 5 years. He's not a good regular season player but hes one of the best on ball defenders in the NBA.  Portland doens't need Bazemore's scoring as much as they need someone who can guard Kawhi/Harden/Lebron/ etc. If you don't have someone who can defend these players, youre simply not going to win. Bazemore's impact in the playoffs should be a net negative IMO.

The Blazers' ideal additions might now be on the table: Iggy AND Kevin Love.  If we can help swing that deal, I think we can also get rid of Jae and Tyus, PLUS pick up some valuable draft pieces.  

Hmm, maybe the Mavs want to go "all in" too and go after BOTH Iggy and Love.  

Holy Cash Considerations!!!!

I found a 3 way trade with the Cavs and Mavs that makes sense on paper (or at least on ESPN Trade Machine)!

BUT... this says that the Mavs with Iggy and Love plus keeping a few of their bench guys and also getting Delly, decreases their win total by 12 games.

Cavs lose 4 more games.  We win 3 more.  

I am sure multiple draft picks will be part of this trade, although mostly late first round picks, 2nd round picks, and future protected picks.

Cavs get: 

Delon Wright

Tyus Jones

Jae Crowder

Grayson Allen

Antonius Cleveland

Grizzlies get:

Tim Hardaway Jr.

Courtney Lee

Justin Jackson

Aaron McKinnie

Jalen Brunson

Mavs get:

Kevin Love

Andre Iguodala

Mathew Dellavadova

Marko Guduric

... maybe the Cavs get 25 and a future 1st rounder (protected) from Dallas, we get 31 from Dallas, and the Cavs get our 2nd rounder (via Phoenix Suns), a future 2nd rounder and cash.  

Mavs make a run with a lineup featuring Seth Curry, Luka, Iggy, Love, and Kristaps, with Dwight Powell, Dellavadova, Kleber, Marko, Boban, JJ Barea, and some other guys off the bench.  

link to trade: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vhbk3dn

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I will take Skal, picks, and expiring contracts/2 year deals for Iggy.  We can send 'em Tyus Jones, Marko, and Grayson Allen, too.

ALT GRIND too?  :D

3 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

The Blazers' ideal additions might now be on the table: Iggy AND Kevin Love.  If we can help swing that deal, I think we can also get rid of Jae and Tyus, PLUS pick up some valuable draft pieces.  

Hmm, maybe the Mavs want to go "all in" too and go after BOTH Iggy and Love.  

I doubt with the way Tyus has played that anyone would be too interested at the number we signed him at. I still believe he'll play better at some point this year, but he's not been good. It seems that has been our new FOs only misstep, albeit not a small one. You really need a good backup PG, particularly with a rookie PG. I don't even know which teams are interested in a backup PG at this point anyway. 

21 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I doubt with the way Tyus has played that anyone would be too interested at the number we signed him at. I still believe he'll play better at some point this year, but he's not been good. It seems that has been our new FOs only misstep, albeit not a small one. You really need a good backup PG, particularly with a rookie PG. I don't even know which teams are interested in a backup PG at this point anyway. 

I agree, and Tyus may get better.  Who is the Blazers' backup PG?  Other than Lilliard I don't see anyone else listed as one.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

I agree, and Tyus may get better.  Who is the Blazers' backup PG?  Other than Lilliard I don't see anyone else listed as one.

When Melo is on the court, you don't need a PG anymore.

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

When Melo is on the court, you don't need a PG anymore.

Yeah, you have a point.  They probably don't need anyone else to cross mid-court to the offensive end.  They may as well save their energy for the defensive end, since they will be playing one short there.

8 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Simply not true. I sort of think that people with this opinion haven't watched the playoffs the last 5 years. He's not a good regular season player but hes one of the best on ball defenders in the NBA.  Portland doens't need Bazemore's scoring as much as they need someone who can guard Kawhi/Harden/Lebron/ etc. If you don't have someone who can defend these players, youre simply not going to win. Bazemore's impact in the playoffs should be a net negative IMO.

He didn't do much to stop Kawhi in the finals. He's not the same player he once was obviously I don't think he's gonna have the same impact, remains to be seen.

Here's hoping we can squeeze atleast Bazemore+2nds for him but I think we could get even more from the Blazers for Crowder. Hopefully we find out next week.

24 minutes ago, cdp said:

He didn't do much to stop Kawhi in the finals. He's not the same player he once was obviously I don't think he's gonna have the same impact, remains to be seen.

Here's hoping we can squeeze atleast Bazemore+2nds for him but I think we could get even more from the Blazers for Crowder. Hopefully we find out next week.

Yeah the NBA world knows what the fans and media wont acknowledge. Iggy isnt even close to the same player that he once was. He was almost a liability in the Finals. And you are getting him to get over the hump against championship level teams.

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Simons mainly, but McCollum also plays it a little bit. 

I could potentially see the Suns getting involved for Iggy. They have an easy way to match salaries. 

I know they're also still searching for anyone with a pulse for their backup point guard. 

Iggy and Tyus for Tyler Johnson and Mikal Bridges

Tyus is significantly better than anyone else they have at the backup point guard position. He's the same age as bridges as well and on a reasonable contract. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I think Melton is our backup point guard now. 

Tyler Johnson is trash, but is expiring. Iggy is slightly better on both ends than Mikal is, but Mikal would fit in nicely with our timeline and is a good 3 point shooter and defender. Would they be willing to give up on him? Possibly, he's not starting any time soon with Oubre there. 

Iggy and Tyus (plus Ayton coming back) would be enough to get them into the playoffs this year. 

17 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I could potentially see the Suns getting involved for Iggy. They have an easy way to match salaries. 

I know they're also still searching for anyone with a pulse for their backup point guard. 

Iggy and Tyus for Tyler Johnson and Mikal Bridges

Tyus is significantly better than anyone else they have at the backup point guard position. He's the same age as bridges as well and on a reasonable contract. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I think Melton is our backup point guard now. 

Tyler Johnson is trash, but is expiring. Iggy is slightly better on both ends than Mikal is, but Mikal would fit in nicely with our timeline and is a good 3 point shooter and defender. Would they be willing to give up on him? Possibly, he's not starting any time soon with Oubre there. 

Iggy and Tyus (plus Ayton coming back) would be enough to get them into the playoffs this year. 

Do the Suns have their own pick this year?

I guess they want to make a run at the playoffs, but they aren't really the Mavs or some team like that who is basically "all set".  

One more really good player would help the Suns.

I would take Mikal Bridges.  Great fit at the 2 or at the 3.  Can you imagine Melton, Mikal, Clarke, and Jaren swarming other teams on defense?  As good as you can get.

Mikal still has a solid floor and baseline, and even if his "ceiling" isn't as high as it used to be he might actually better than a lot of other (young) wing players on the market (or in the draft).

Maybe it's not good that the Playoffs might turn into the Lakers/Bucks Open, but there are still some secondary contenders that could use him. I can see the Mavs needing him more, but yeah, maybe put him on a young/youngish team that really wants to get into the playoffs.  

30 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Do the Suns have their own pick this year?

I guess they want to make a run at the playoffs, but they aren't really the Mavs or some team like that who is basically "all set".  

One more really good player would help the Suns.

I would take Mikal Bridges.  Great fit at the 2 or at the 3.  Can you imagine Melton, Mikal, Clarke, and Jaren swarming other teams on defense?  As good as you can get.

Mikal still has a solid floor and baseline, and even if his "ceiling" isn't as high as it used to be he might actually better than a lot of other (young) wing players on the market (or in the draft).

Maybe it's not good that the Playoffs might turn into the Lakers/Bucks Open, but there are still some secondary contenders that could use him. I can see the Mavs needing him more, but yeah, maybe put him on a young/youngish team that really wants to get into the playoffs.  

Yeah they're the 8th seed right now, and with the bottom couple seeds being completely wide open, it'd have to be something to consider. 

Ok, everybody join hands and close your eye: "On this 15th day of the 12th month in the 2000th and 19th year, I'd like to make a prayer request to sweet Baby Jesus that that bum named Iggy be traded off of the Memphis Grizzlies as soon as possible"

5fb632e8a253e8e7e958ebbe47a3f331.jpg

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Ok, everybody join hands and close your eye: "On this 15th day of the 12th month in the 2000th and 19th year, I'd like to make a prayer request to sweet Baby Jesus that that bum named Iggy be traded off of the Memphis Grizzlies as soon as possible"

5fb632e8a253e8e7e958ebbe47a3f331.jpg

Plz plz!! +1000

On December 15, 123 players have their trade restrictions lifted. Below you will find a full list, along with their 2019-20 salaries:

ATLANTA HAWKS
Jabari Parker ($6,500,000)
Vince Carter ($2,564,753)

BOSTON CELTICS
Brad Wanamaker ($1,445,697)
Enes Kanter ($4,767,000)
Javonte Green ($898,310)
Kemba Walker ($32,742,000)
Vincent Poirier ($2,503,793)

BROOKLYN NETS
David Nwaba ($1,678,854)
DeAndre Jordan ($9,881,598)
Garrett Temple ($4,767,000)
Kevin Durant ($37,199,000)
Kyrie Irving ($31,742,000)
Theo Pinson ($1,445,697)
Wilson Chandler ($2,564,753)

CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Cody Martin ($1,173,310)
Terry Rozier ($19,894,737)

CHICAGO BULLS

Daniel Gafford ($898,310)
Luke Kornet ($2,250,000)
Thaddeus Young ($12,900,000)
Tomas Satoransky ($10,000,000)

DALLAS MAVERICKS
Boban Marjanovic ($3,500,000)
Delon Wright ($9,473,684)
Jose Juan Barea ($2,654,753)
Seth Curry ($7,461,380)

DETROIT PISTONS
Derrick Rose ($7,317,074)
Markieff Morris ($3,200,000)
Tim Frazier ($1,620,564)

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Alec Burks ($2,320,044)
D’Angelo Russell ($27,285,000)
Glenn Robinson III ($1,882,867)
Willie Cauley-Stein ($2,177,483)

HOUSTON ROCKETS
Austin Rivers ($2,174,310)
Ben McLemore ($2,028,594)
Danuel House ($3,540,000)
Gerald Green ($2,564,753)
Tyson Chandler ($2,564,753)

INDIANA PACERS
Edmond Sumner ($2,000,000)
JaKarr Sampson ($1,737,145)
Jeremy Lamb ($10,500,000)
Justin Holiday ($4,767,000)
Malcolm Brogdon ($20,000,000)
TJ McConnell ($3,500,000)

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
Derrick Walton ($1,445,697)
JaMychal Green ($4,767,000)
Kawhi Leonard ($32,742,000)
Patrick Patterson ($2,331,593)
Terance Mann ($1,000,000)

LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Avery Bradley ($4,767,000)
Danny Green ($14,634,147)
DeMarcus Cousins ($3,500,000)
Dwight Howard ($2,564,753)
Jared Dudley ($2,564,753)
JaVale McGee ($4,000,000)
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ($8,089,282)
Quinn Cook ($3,000,000)
Rajon Rondo ($2,564,753)
Troy Daniels ($2,028,594)

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
Jonas Valanciunas ($16,000,000)
Marko Guduric ($2,625,000)
Tyus Jones ($9,258,000)

MIAMI HEAT
Jimmy Butler ($32,742,000)
Udonis Haslem ($2,564,753)

MILWAUKEE BUCKS
Brook Lopez ($12,093,024)
Dragan Bender ($1,678,854)
George Hill ($10,133,907)
Kyle Korver ($2,564,753)
Robin Lopez ($4,767,000)
Thanasis Antetokounmpo ($1,445,697)
Wesley Matthews ($2,564,753)

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES
Jake Layman ($3,581,986)
Jordan Bell ($1,620,564)
Naz Reid ($898,310)
Noah Vonleh ($2,000,000)

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
JJ Redick ($13,486,300)
Nicolo Melli ($4,102,564)

NEW YORK KNICKS
Bobby Portis ($15,000,000)
Elfrid Payton ($8,000,000)
Julius Randle ($18,000,000)
Marcus Morris ($15,000,000)
Reggie Bullock ($4,000,000)
Taj Gibson ($9,000,000)
Wayne Ellington ($8,000,000)

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
Justin Patton ($1,620,564)
Mike Muscala ($2,028,594)
Nerlens Noel ($1,882,867)

ORLANDO MAGIC
Al-Farouq Aminu ($9,258,000)
Michael Carter-Williams ($2,028,594)
Terrence Ross ($12,500,000)

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
Al Horford ($28,000,000)
Furkan Korkmaz ($1,620,564)
James Ennis ($1,882,867)
Kyle O’Quinn ($2,174,318)
Mike Scott ($4,767,000)
Raul Neto ($1,737,145)
Shake Milton ($1,445,697)
Trey Burke ($2,028,594)

PHOENIX SUNS
Cheick Diallo ($1,678,854)
Frank Kaminsky ($4,767,000)
Jalen Lecque ($898,310)
Ricky Rubio ($16,200,000)

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
Anthony Tolliver ($2,564,753)
Mario Hezonja ($1,737,145)
Rodney Hood ($5,178,000)

SACRAMENTO KINGS
Cory Joseph ($12,000,000)
Dewayne Dedmon ($13,333,334)
Harrison Barnes ($24,147,727)
Richaun Holmes ($4,767,000)
Trevor Ariza ($12,200,000)
Wenyen Gabriel ($1,416,852)

SAN ANTONIO SPURS
DeMarre Carroll ($7,000,000)
Trey Lyles ($5,500,000)

TORONTO RAPTORS
Matt Thomas ($898,310)
Patrick McCaw ($4,000,000)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson ($2,500,000)
Stanley Johnson ($3,623,000)
Terence Davis ($898,310)

UTAH JAZZ
Bojan Bogdanovic ($17,000,000)
Ed Davis ($4,767,000)
Emmanuel Mudiay ($1,737,145)
Jeff Green ($2,564,753)

WASHINGTON WIZARDS
Isaiah Thomas ($2,320,044)
Ishmael Smith ($6,000,000)
Justin Robinson ($898,310)

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Who in that group is worth targeting and is realistically obtainable?

IDK, I think most people on that list making anywhere close to Iggy probably wouldn't be on the trade block. I don't see anything that intrigues me.

I would say Thad Young. I know he's not happy in Chicago. He could be a good mentor here but we already have Jae Crowder and Kyle Anderson as veteran 3/4 players not to mention Clarke  is a 4/5 so not sure how many minutes would be available. KCP is attainable I believe but I think he has peaked in his career. Maybe JJ Reddick?

I would go after Bogdanovic in SAC, maybe like an Allen Crabbe in ATL. He may have a little left in the tank and ATL would probably cut Iggy anyway, Crabbe is in the final year of his deal so no harm no foul. Give him a few games to prove himself. I would go after Evan Fournier. I'm not sold on Malik Beasley but if we can swing a deal with him and Plumlee (expiring). I'm fine with that. 

I don't see many guys i would go after on the 12/15 list. I would go after expirings to get rid of Iggy, at least we can have them play for a few games. I just want Iggy off of the team quite honestly, not sure how much we can improve. Even if we only get cap space and 2nd round picks, i just want him gone. 

37 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

IDK, I think most people on that list making anywhere close to Iggy probably wouldn't be on the trade block. I don't see anything that intrigues me.

I would say Thad Young. I know he's not happy in Chicago. He could be a good mentor here but we already have Jae Crowder and Kyle Anderson as veteran 3/4 players not to mention Clarke  is a 4/5 so not sure how many minutes would be available. KCP is attainable I believe but I think he has peaked in his career. Maybe JJ Reddick?

I would go after Bogdanovic in SAC, maybe like an Allen Crabbe in ATL. He may have a little left in the tank and ATL would probably cut Iggy anyway, Crabbe is in the final year of his deal so no harm no foul. Give him a few games to prove himself. I would go after Evan Fournier. I'm not sold on Malik Beasley but if we can swing a deal with him and Plumlee (expiring). I'm fine with that. 

I don't see many guys i would go after on the 12/15 list. I would go after expirings to get rid of Iggy, at least we can have them play for a few games. I just want Iggy off of the team quite honestly, not sure how much we can improve. Even if we only get cap space and 2nd round picks, i just want him gone. 

I really don't see much either.

I would say expirings and maybe a serviceable young player who may be redundant on their roster, as long as the price is right.

Not Iggy related, but if we can't do Iggy for Plumlee and Beasley, maybe we could do Jae for Hernangomez and Beasley. 

They need a wing with size that can knock down a 3. I can't imagine they could find a better fit than Jae. We need young pieces.  

Beasley might start for us at the 2, and we can move Dillon to the 3. Juan can hopefully be Bertans light and be a catch and shoot stretch 4 off the bench for us. He hasn't shot great this year, but he has a good looking stroke and shot pretty well last year. Both of them are pretty in and out of the rotation anyway, plus in contrast to the proposed Iggy trade, they don't have to give up Plumlee. 

All those players are on expiring contracts, but Denver gets bird rights and both of ours are RFA. It just makes sense for both teams. 

Boston could be an ideal trade candidate. They desperately need a starting caliber center, and could use a serious upgrade from the bench on defense. 

JV and Iggy for Gordon Hayward and Enes Kanter. 

JV would easily be their starting center and it would be his easiest path to a title. Iggy is a significant upgrade offensively and defensively over Semi Ojeleye or Grant Williams. 

Gordon Hayward has been a slightly awkward fit in Boston given the rise of Tatum and Brown. He'd fit in perfectly as our starting SF. Can create for himself, can shoot the 3, can defend decently. Not super old either. The trade would allow BC to start and Kanter could come off the bench and be a major player for us. We may even be able to get their first rounder this year from them, but I'd be happy with Hayward and Kanter.