Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

2 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Too lazy to look this up but hope to all that is holy that C Lee is an expiring.

He's worse than half the Hustle roster.

He is expiring, yes. 

2 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

How long until Portland gets Nurkic and Collins back?

Nurkic isn't coming back this year, Collins will be back around all star break. 

Flip Crowder+Hill for Bazemore+Little(there's your 1st round pick), then Iggy for Lee+2nds. Boom.

edit- didn't realize Bazemore is expiring too. Portland might not go for it especially if it doesn't save them a much money this year.

1 hour ago, cdp said:

Flip Crowder+Hill for Bazemore+Little(there's your 1st round pick), then Iggy for Lee+2nds. Boom.

edit- didn't realize Bazemore is expiring too. Portland might not go for it especially if it doesn't save them a much money this year.

They're deep in the luxury tax, so it saves them quite a bit. About 5 million is my guess. 

3 hours ago, cdp said:

I was actually thinking of this scenario.

11 hours ago, cdp said:

Makes sense 

9 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Andre Iguodala & Jae Crowder To Portland For Bazemore, Hezonja & Draft Pick, Per ‘Bleacher Report’

https://www.inquisitr.com/5776977/andre-iguodala-jae-crowder-trail-blazers-trade-rumors/

I'd do it in a heartbeat at this point. I love Jae, but a first is certainly a good return. Might as well take a look at Hezonja as well. 

Whiteside
Collins
Melo
CJ
Dame
Crowder
Iggy
Hood
Simons
Little
Skal

Shame that Nurkic won't be back anytime soon - not a bad roster when everyone is healthy

54 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

Andre Iguodala & Jae Crowder To Portland For Bazemore, Hezonja & Draft Pick, Per ‘Bleacher Report’

https://www.inquisitr.com/5776977/andre-iguodala-jae-crowder-trail-blazers-trade-rumors/

The problem I see with this rumor is that everything else I have read is about Portland wanting to reduce luxury tax payments while improving. This would send their luxury tax payments skyrocketing, as they would be adding about $5 million in  year long salary (pro-rated for the remainder of the season) plus the taxes associated. 

Iggy and Grayson Allen for Bazemore and Gary Trent, Jr plus a pick, works and saves them roughly a million plus tax payments.

16 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I will take Little and Gary Trent along with that first please.

1) No way they give up that much.

2) we are at our maximum number of players. Either we have to trade out the same out of players we take in or we cut players off of the 15 man roster prior to the trade (rules say players received in the trade have to go on the roster before being cut, so there has to be room there first)

2 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

The problem I see with this rumor is that everything else I have read is about Portland wanting to reduce luxury tax payments while improving. This would send their luxury tax payments skyrocketing, as they would be adding about $5 million in  year long salary (pro-rated for the remainder of the season) plus the taxes associated. 

Iggy and Grayson Allen for Bazemore and Gary Trent, Jr plus a pick, works and saves them roughly a million plus tax payments.

1) No way they give up that much.

2) we are at our maximum number of players. Either we have to trade out the same out of players we take in or we cut players off of the 15 man roster prior to the trade (rules say players received in the trade have to go on the roster before being cut, so there has to be room there first)

....off the top of my head we have a candidate just for that in a g league....

2 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

....off the top of my head we have a candidate just for that in a g league....

Based on him saying he wanted Little and Trent in addition to the original rumor, you'd have to cut more than Josh Jackson. Also, I'd rather gut Grayson. He's terrible in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Based on him saying he wanted Little and Trent in addition to the original rumor, you'd have to cut more than Josh Jackson. Also, I'd rather gut Grayson. He's terrible in my opinion.

Grayson/Tyus need to be moved.  Almost as much as Iggy.  Maybe even more than Jae.

If we could trade all 4 and only bring back a couple of players then we could call up some of our G League guys to see what we have with them.

As it stands, we have a log jam of mediocre-to-bad guards and wings.  

The top of the Grizzlies' rotation looks good, and the G League rotation looks solid (at least for a glorified semi-pro team), but the rest of the organizations' rosters looks like dumpster fires waiting to happen.

... soon we are gonna need to SEND a team a 2nd round pick (OR MORE) to get Tyus Jones off our roster.  Maybe the same will be said for Grayson Allen.

Marko is younger, and at least projects as an aggressive scorer, so send him down and call up someone else.

What more can Josh Jackson do in Southaven?  Are the Hustle planning on retiring his jersey?

Iggy for Bazemore and a first is still really the way to go. That saves them money and they get an upgrade. I don't know how attached they are to zach Collins but Iggy and Jae, for Bazemore, Collins, and a second would be fine. 

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Thats 2 for 3 so why would you have to cut more than one? You have Jackson, Hill, Bazemore as easy candidates. Bad teams dont worry about roster crunches usually so thats an odd concern. Plenty of trash to be released.

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Thats 2 for 3 so why would you have to cut more than one? You have Jackson, Hill, Bazemore as easy candidates. Bad teams dont worry about roster crunches usually so thats an odd concern. Plenty of trash to be released.

Bazemore cannot be a candidate.  League rules say the roster spots have to be open before the trade takes place.

7 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Grayson/Tyus need to be moved.  Almost as much as Iggy.  Maybe even more than Jae.

If we could trade all 4 and only bring back a couple of players then we could call up some of our G League guys to see what we have with them.

As it stands, we have a log jam of mediocre-to-bad guards and wings.  

The top of the Grizzlies' rotation looks good, and the G League rotation looks solid (at least for a glorified semi-pro team), but the rest of the organizations' rosters looks like dumpster fires waiting to happen.

... soon we are gonna need to SEND a team a 2nd round pick (OR MORE) to get Tyus Jones off our roster.  Maybe the same will be said for Grayson Allen.

Marko is younger, and at least projects as an aggressive scorer, so send him down and call up someone else.

What more can Josh Jackson do in Southaven?  Are the Hustle planning on retiring his jersey?

grayson is clearly better than marko yet every chance you get you advocate for trading him.  marko is also older than him not younger and has been a pro for the last 6-7 yrs.  and marko projects as an aggressive scorer?  what marko have you been watching?  you can maybe say that about allen (and he's done it a handful of times so far in the league) but not at all for marko.

6 hours ago, grizz09 said:

grayson is clearly better than marko yet every chance you get you advocate for trading him.  marko is also older than him not younger and has been a pro for the last 6-7 yrs.  and marko projects as an aggressive scorer?  what marko have you been watching?  you can maybe say that about allen (and he's done it a handful of times so far in the league) but not at all for marko.

I don't think either of these guys need to be in the Grizzlies' long term plans. 

Portland's pick looks like it will probably be in the top 20, it would be a great deal for us and I can see the appeal for Portland too. 

15 hours ago, Dwash said:

Actually the originally proposal was two for two (Iggy and Crowder for Bazemore and Hezonja) then you said you also wanted Little and Trent. That makes it four for two, math wizard. Plus as someone mentioned, Bazemore can't be one of the cut candidates.