Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Calkins mentioned on his show that GSW aren't keeping DLo they are flipping him to another team??   Minny may still end up with him. 

Wonder what the plan is with Iggy.    Imagining him sticking around to be mentor to the Cubs sounds cool but can't see him doing that.   Besides we already have Crowder openly willing to do that.   He is 29yrs old in his prime so would be much smarter hanging onto him.  

Flipping him to Minny for Dieng + okogie + pick and resigning Delon... Would be Grizz FO AllTimer.  

I said it yesterday when the news of Dlo sign came, makes no sense for the Warriors to have him, they are moving him to Minny.

I dont know if we would be able to move Iggy to Minny and if he would like it, so they would have no intend to trade for him. If he doesn't matter whether he goes I would made that move because as much as I like Iggy, Okogie + a pick is great value.

Wolves would look good on paper tough 

24 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

Memphis is the closest Iggy has been to his hometown since he's been in the league.  He's from Springfield IL.  His entire immediate family still lives there.  Every time GS plays grizzlies the fam and friends make the 5 hr drive here.  Maybe he's happy to be close to home.

Wouldn't Chicago be closer to Springfield?

Maybe Milwaukee, too.  And the Pacers?

The Pacers may be closer than Chicago.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Andre could be here until 2020 trade deadline

I think it will all depend on the first contact between Iggy and the FO and how he feels about his possible role in the team. If he really wants to be bought out immediately he'll have to reach an agreement with the team to renounce some of the owed money. We can play nice without being suckers.

I think Iggy still has a bit left in the tank. At least on defense. He also hit a big shot in one of the two Warriors wins in the Finals and had 22 points in Game 6.  

If we can't get a future 1st, 2nd, and Cash for Iggy then I would keep him for at least most of the year.  I think he could be a fan favorite AND help us win without taking too many shots.

Wow.  The Grizzlies did well yesterday.  Trade deadline next year should be interesting.  If we decide to hang onto them ... Iggy, Avery, Jae, and Korver would be solid pieces for championship contending teams.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

You guys have gotta be kidding, this guy spent the last 3 or 4 years basically ignoring the regular season and trying to rest up for April-June. No way is he ready to turn on a switch and mentor youth for 82 games.

I know that you are most likely right, but he has a couple of titles.  He might actually enjoy being at ground zero of an up and coming franchise that has some good building blocks (Morant/JJJJJJacksonJr/BrandonClarke) plus some good pieces like Jonas V, Delon Wright, et al.   Who knows, Iggy might like playing in Memphis and the change of pace.   Now remember I said MIGHT.  He might turn his nose up at the Grizzlies and tell them he wont report and demand to be moved or bought out.  But maybe Tayshaun can talk to him and feel him out and point out how good our airport is.  He might want to stick around til the trade deadline and see what develops.

Right now the Grizzlies have potentially got 12 players who would be free agents next summer! 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Right now the Grizzlies have potentially got 12 players who would be free agents next summer! 

What is the roster count at right now?

4 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

What is the roster count at right now?

If we assume Dorsey, Zeller, Noah and Holiday aren't coming back, and Delon is then 16. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

When have the Memphis media broken a story about the Grizzlies? 

No not break the story confirm it. Like if Herrington doesn't say something like "yea I'm hearing this as well then it's just national media guys who don't know and just assume that's going to happen." It makes no sense to waive him before trying to trade him.

25 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Wouldn't Chicago be closer to Springfield?

Maybe Milwaukee, too.  And the Pacers?

The Pacers may be closer than Chicago.

absolutely; all three are closer to springfield than 901.  But  none of those teams are involved in the deal for him.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Apparently we're working on a buyout right now. I'm sure we might get a couple million back from him. He's looking to join the Lakers. 

Is it possible Warriors also sent some cash our way? I forget what the rule is on that (though I suppose it'd say "Cash Considerations" if that were the case).

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

That's impossible you can't do that as far as I know when you trade for somebody you have to keep that player.

Will likely be structured as a 3-team deal.

7 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Let me get a clarification here.  Did Memphis give GS anything at all for Iggy and a future first?

Capspace

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We didn't have enough cap space to absorb him, so it had to be the trade exception. 

Whats the best site to look at for this stuff? It seems like if we cut Bradley/Korver we might have some space.

43 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Let me get a clarification here.  Did Memphis give GS anything at all for Iggy and a future first?

The Grizzlies used most of their trade exception in the Mike Conley trade to facilitate the deal. That gave Golden State capspace to sign DeAngelo Russell. 

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Whats the best site to look at for this stuff? It seems like if we cut Bradley/Korver we might have some space.

Earlybirdrights is the best one I've seen

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

We could, but since our standing exceptions create cap holds in the tens of millions we're not getting under the cap no matter what.

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I like Basketball Insiders the most since Larry Coon works for them, but they're a bit slow to update their site.

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We could, but since our standing exceptions create cap holds in the tens of millions we're not getting under the cap no matter what.

The Grizzlies don't want to get under the salary cap because that would take the MLE off the table. If you just get below the salary cap you can't use exceptions and you end up not being able to offer as much money as if you stay above the cap. It's strange but true. 

Just curious but what do most posters believe is a fair buyout price for Iggy? Personally I feel if he really wants out no matter what the Grizzlies should pay him $1 million and be done with it.  

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies don't want to get under the salary cap because that would take the MLE off the table. If you just get below the salary cap you can't use exceptions and you end up not being able to offer as much money as if you stay above the cap. It's strange but true. 

Just curious but what do most posters believe is a fair buyout price for Iggy? Personally I feel if he really wants out no matter what the Grizzlies should pay him $1 million and be done with it.  

Chip, who do you think is masterminding this thing?  RIch Cho?  Somebody is actually thinking maybe 2-3 moves ahead so we know its not CWallace.  If it was Chris, we would have given away all our 2nd rounders and have a bunch of former McDonald's All Americans who peaked in high school

It appears Cho and Grunwald are rockin and rollin. Maybe Hollinger is throwing in some analytics.  And Kleiman is sitting back and letting these basketball guys do basketball things.  Seems to be working well. I was just curious as to who is driving this bus for the most part.