Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

Recommended Posts

In order to do that trade we’d have to send someone else along with Iggy. We need a roster spot to take Nene in, even if we cut him right away. Rabb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I'm hoping that we can keep Noah... even if / when he decides to hang em up ... he plays all heart with more crazy than most.

We LOVE dirty WORK guys. (WORK is capitalized. ) 

And everybody knows my 'need one all in crazy guy willing to go all out' opinion.

This front office seems to be able to get what they want and to me it feels like they are making decisions  based on getting better ... not giving away 2nds from future years for cash considerations.

IF they think Noah can / will move the needle ... I'm confident they will find a way to keep him.

If I’m hearing you correctly it seems you’d like if the Grizz could retain Noah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

In order to do that trade we’d have to send someone else along with Iggy. We need a roster spot to take Nene in, even if we cut him right away. Rabb?

I expect Hill and Rabb to be cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

I expect Hill and Rabb to be cut.

That has to be the fav to get cut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Subliminal said:

If I’m hearing you correctly it seems you’d like if the Grizz could retain Noah?

yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

yup.

Ok just wanted to clear that up I wasn’t quite sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, I❤️JV said:

At the moment everyone is happy and hopeful. Let the season start, people will disappoint, will get injured etc.

We got this thing, and it's freaking golden. We just not giving it up for nothing ... We will wait till the 6th of February...and they will come with the 1st rounder.

You think a 1st rounder is worth 17M?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

From a contender it will probably late twenties, so maybe.

You think even a 10th pick in the 1st round is worth 17M? If I kept him I would be playing all the minutes I could because sitting him on a shelf for 2-3 months then they're going to be blowing 7-8M. Of course not playing him all year might wind up his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

You think even a 10th pick in the 1st round is worth 17M? If I kept him I would be playing all the minutes I could because sitting him on a shelf for 2-3 months then they're going to be blowing 7-8M. Of course not playing him all year might wind up his career. 

I said late twenties.  A 10th pick would be highly unlikely.  We may be getting our hopes way too high to be expecting a first rounder.  If he just played for us and started at SG I would be fine with that for now, not sure if he would.  I'm just expecting what most everyone else is expecting, that he will be moved for another asset.  We already got a low first.  Just getting another useful player would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I said late twenties.  A 10th pick would be highly unlikely.  We may be getting our hopes way too high to be expecting a first rounder.  If he just played for us and started at SG I would be fine with that for now, not sure if he would.  I'm just expecting what most everyone else is expecting, that he will be moved for another asset.  We already got a low first.  Just getting another useful player would be nice.

Yeah I agree it would probably be a middle 20s pick at best but I was just asking you if you would pay 17M for a 10 pick, not me, you might could add 6M more to some free agents that could help the team more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Yeah I agree it would probably be a middle 20s pick at best but I was just asking you if you would pay 17M for a 10 pick, not me, you might could add 6M more to some free agents that could help the team more.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  If you're talking about keeping Iggy around and paying him $17M in hopes of getting a pick that would obviously be lower than 10th and asking "would it be worth it?"  I don't know, the Grizzlies will be paying him one way or another unless he agrees to a buyout significantly less than his salary, and that doesn't seem likely.  So, if he won't agree, just play him until a trade materializes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an Iggy trade to Boston could work. 

Iggy and Miles/ Hill (probably Hill assuming it's before the start of the season) for Hayward and our 1st back. They probably want to get off Hayward's contract for next year, they get two expiring contracts, plus Iggy makes more sense with their team off the bench than Hayward does. 

Having Hayward next year isn't that bad. It's only 1 year, plus we would still have like 20 million to go after a good restricted free agent like Beasley or whoever. It would eliminate us from Jaylen brown though, as they'd have plenty of space to match. We'd only do this to get our pick back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  If you're talking about keeping Iggy around and paying him $17M in hopes of getting a pick that would obviously be lower than 10th and asking "would it be worth it?"  I don't know, the Grizzlies will be paying him one way or another unless he agrees to a buyout significantly less than his salary, and that doesn't seem likely.  So, if he won't agree, just play him until a trade materializes.

It doesn't have anything to do with him, I was just wondering if you would pay 17M for the rights to the 10th pick in this years draft. I don't think it was such a great deal for the Grizz when you think it through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

It doesn't have anything to do with him, I was just wondering if you would pay 17M for the rights to the 10th pick in this years draft. I don't think it was such a great deal for the Grizz when you think it through. 

1st rounder +2M in cash. To eat 1y 15M contract is a market value for the 1st rounder. It could be good first as GSW could be bad in 4 years. To get another 1st would be complete steal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

1st rounder +2M in cash. To eat 1y 15M contract is a market value for the 1st rounder. It could be good first as GSW could be bad in 4 years. To get another 1st would be complete steal. 

You can look at it like that if you like but I look at it as though we traded for a PLAYER as well as a pick and some cash.  There are three aspects of our return.  1 the pick.  2 the money.  3 the player. 

It is the height of ignorance to throw away 1/3 of that return, even buy him out...so that the PLAYER can go PLAY on another TEAM.  Its not rocket science.  Dont get me wrong I'm not jazzing you or anything but I'm kinda tired of the idea we are expected to ***** away a solid NBA player just because he is a vet who would like to play elsewhere (in general not in response to your message above).  If another team wants his services this year they can pony up for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gradey said:

You can look at it like that if you like but I look at it as though we traded for a PLAYER as well as a pick and some cash.  There are three aspects of our return.  1 the pick.  2 the money.  3 the player. 

It is the height of ignorance to throw away 1/3 of that return, even buy him out...so that the PLAYER can go PLAY on another TEAM.  Its not rocket science.  Dont get me wrong I'm not jazzing you or anything but I'm kinda tired of the idea we are expected to ***** away a solid NBA player just because he is a vet who would like to play elsewhere (in general not in response to your message above).  If another team wants his services this year they can pony up for them.

The question is how good is he?  Are we overestimating his value?  What should we realistically expect to get for a guy who has not averaged 10ppg in the last six seasons and has not made an All Defensive Team in five, and will turn 36 years old mid season?  I think a first round pick is likely just fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps but if we buy him out them you certainly will get nothing.  If he has no value, he can play out the season.  I expect you will get good offers for him later in the year.  Or not, either way it does not benefit the team to let him walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gradey said:

Perhaps but if we buy him out them you certainly will get nothing.  If he has no value, he can play out the season.  I expect you will get good offers for him later in the year.  Or not, either way it does not benefit the team to let him walk.

I agree completely with your sentiments on Iguodala.  We already made a good trade by getting a 1st round pick, but ******* away 17 million makes no sense to me.

Let's make a trade and maximize this 17 million dollars.

It's not like we traded for some scrub.  This is a guy that the top teams want.  Let's make a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

1st rounder +2M in cash. To eat 1y 15M contract is a market value for the 1st rounder. It could be good first as GSW could be bad in 4 years. To get another 1st would be complete steal. 

Where did you get that information? How much do you think 1 would be pegged at? Hopefully not the same as the 30th. 

Maybe that is what the NBA values them for trade purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I agree completely with your sentiments on Iguodala.  We already made a good trade by getting a 1st round pick, but ******* away 17 million makes no sense to me.

Let's make a trade and maximize this 17 million dollars.

It's not like we traded for some scrub.  This is a guy that the top teams want.  Let's make a deal.

Apparently no teams with the ability wants him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have complete  TRUST  in the Grizzlies new Management 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gradey said:

Perhaps but if we buy him out them you certainly will get nothing.  If he has no value, he can play out the season.  I expect you will get good offers for him later in the year.  Or not, either way it does not benefit the team to let him walk.

I agree, though I do not  think he has no value, maybe just not as much value as Grizzlies' fans would like to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I agree, though I do not  think he has no value, maybe just not as much value as Grizzlies' fans would like to think.

He's worth a second round pick and matching expiring salary for a contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

He's worth a second round pick and matching expiring salary for a contender.

Maybe, but it seems like a lot of "contenders" traded away a lot of their seconds in some of these blockbuster deals over the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now