Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Iggy wasn't traded on the 3rd, like the rumors suggested he would be. 

If it had really been agreed on then everyone would have known. There is no need to keep it a secret if its really a done deal.

41 minutes ago, pjs said:

He's being such a drama queen. Just show up and get paid. I really cant stand him 

The only downside in keeping him is losing a roster spot, but with the two-ways that's not as important anymore. Just a matter of who gets cut instead...

I saw someone float out on Twitter a Denver trading for him. 

Plumlee, Barton, Hernangomez, and a 2nd for Iggy and Hill. 

If that was the deal, I'd just trade Hernangomez for another second/ re-route him. He's decent, but he's not as good as Bruno, Kyle, or Clarke. We got a logjam at PF right now. 

I'd be happy with that, now they'd have to believe that Iggy is a significant upgrade over Barton and/or believe Bol is ready to contribute. To be fair, while Mason is a good player, there's still plenty of good Cs on the market like Noah or a Monroe. Heck we could waive Miles Plumlee and they could pick him up. 

I haven't found a whole lot of deals that really make sense to be honest. 

So what if he doesn't show up to camp?

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

So what if he doesn't show up to camp?

Start fining him to recap the lost salary. It's a zero sum game that way. Fine him for the portion of the salary was due to earn but won't because he didn't show up seems fair to me. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Start fining him to recap the lost salary. It's a zero sum game that way. Fine him for the portion of the salary was due to earn but won't because he didn't show up seems fair to me. 

Exactly. He can give up all his money and go be a free agent, or he can come here and play and hopefully be traded. He doesn't get to keep his money and pick a new team. Life is full of trade-offs Iggy.

This is a Win, Win scenario for all of those involved. 

The players agent via Shams gets it put out that the organization is not will not consider a buyout for his client. 

The organization says nothing, but benefit by letting potential suitors who hoped that they could wait for the free agent without offering an asset could be obtained, thus igniting a stalled market, on an asset they have no intentions of keeping. 

The player benefits by possibly letting it be known he can not get a buyout and thus will need to be acquired via trade, so he doesn't have to give up any money that he probably would not have recouped to gain his freedom. 

A win win for all involved, unless you were one of the teams thinking you could get Iggy without giving up anything. 

This FO is Gangster and I Love It! 

Chris Wallace (not to open old wounds) would buy out Iggy for nothing or move him wherever he wanted to go for cash considerations as a sign of respect. 🤢

Those tweets from Shams are so horribly biased. I'm all for buying out Iguodala if he's willing to give up a good chunk of $, but the media manipulation in getting players away from small markets and to big markets is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

Those tweets from Shams are so horribly biased. I'm all for buying out Iguodala if he's willing to give up a good chunk of $, but the media manipulation in getting players away from small markets and to big markets is ridiculous.

Agreed

2 hours ago, Dark-Child said:

The players agent via Shams gets it put out that the organization is not will not consider a buyout for his client. 

The organization says nothing, but benefit by letting potential suitors who hoped that they could wait for the free agent without offering an asset could be obtained, thus igniting a stalled market, on an asset they have no intentions of keeping. 

The player benefits by possibly letting it be known he can not get a buyout and thus will need to be acquired via trade, so he doesn't have to give up any money that he probably would not have recouped to gain his freedom. 

A win win for all involved, unless you were one of the teams thinking you could get Iggy without giving up anything. 

Image result for i like the way you think gif

2 hours ago, Dark-Child said:

It's only a win-win if the public doesn't turn on the team and put too much pressure on. That doesn't seem to be happening and most people aren't buying it, but it's a reasonable strategy from Iggy's team to at least try it, as he basically has nothing to lose. These media narratives can change quickly and people are stupid, so they tend to believe whatever they're fed.

Media/ fans:Ohh no big time free agents won't come to Memphis because of this !!!!

Me: They don't come anyways.

It just shows how disrespectful he is being to the team. Just come here and play for a couple months. Trade Deadline hits we will see you later.

4 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

This FO is Gangster and I Love It! 

Chris Wallace (not to open old wounds) would buy out Iggy for nothing or move him wherever he wanted to go for cash considerations as a sign of respect. 🤢

CW would have never obtained Iggy in the first place, certainly would not have acquired a future 1st as well.

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

It's only a win-win if the public doesn't turn on the team and put too much pressure on. That doesn't seem to be happening and most people aren't buying it, but it's a reasonable strategy from Iggy's team to at least try it, as he basically has nothing to lose. These media narratives can change quickly and people are stupid, so they tend to believe whatever they're fed.

What has this front office done so far to make you believe they are the least bit interested in what the public thinks or feels? 

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

It just shows how disrespectful he is being to the team. Just come here and play for a couple months. Trade Deadline hits we will see you later.

The team and Iggy might be in on this scheme together. When you got Iggy on one side and a respected recent ex player like T Prince on the other side I wouldnt be surprised.

26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What has this front office done so far to make you believe they are the least bit interested in what the public thinks or feels? 

I was speaking generally and do not have the opinion that the FO cares one way or the other.

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

The team and Iggy might be in on this scheme together. When you got Iggy on one side and a respected recent ex player like T Prince on the other side I wouldnt be surprised.

Good point. Plus Iggy is the V.P. of the players union. As such, he is more likely to be very conscience of his actions with regard to how it may effect other players actions in the future, and player - ownership relations. 

If not traded, I fully expect Iggy to honor his contract, show up for training camp, and be the professional that he is.

54 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Good point. Plus Iggy is the V.P. of the players union. As such, he is more likely to be very conscience of his actions with regard to how it may effect other players actions in the future, and player - ownership relations. 

If not traded, I fully expect Iggy to honor his contract, show up for training camp, and be the professional that he is.

What would that look like, the VP of the players union not honoring his contract and getting fined, like a spoiled brat. He will come out the loser. No one will feel sorry for him. It's a little bit different getting slaves' wages and 17 M bucks.

v