Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, pjs said:

Yeah.  No need to feel sorry for Mike ... he's well payed.

But man, after a couple of years of doubting him, Mike proved me wrong and became my favorite Grizzly of all time.  Mike's first couple of years were disappointing to me.  I hope fans learn from that experience and give Ja a few years before rushing to conclusions ... PG in the NBA is tough.  I wish Mike well with his new start & will be rooting for the Jazz this year.  If they stay healthy, the Jazz will be fun to watch and really good this year.  Mike was great for the Memphis franchise ... a really high quality person and teammate.

Mike is awesome as a player and even more as a person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still wish the lakers would give us something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if the Lakers have someone we want, but if the reports are true that they're interested in Dwight Howard now, maybe we can work a 2 for 1 swap, plus a draft pick.

If they don't want to play that's okay, we'll make a deal with Houston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I wouldn't mind see MC win a championship but I was never in love with him like you were. He was a good player for the Grizz and I wish him well. I think hiring Fiz was not a good thing.

Why because he didn't do anything but make the stars he played against look like fools?

Lol, why because Mike had career years after he started taking more shots and that was a direct influence of fizdale. 

Y'all can instantly love Ja and Jaren and they haven't done squat and they are not likely to do what the boring gng grizzlies did. But hey, we'll have the flying wallendas on our team and we can hero worship them every time they go in for a monster dunk and then lose the game by 20. I see your future without mike conley and the boring gng team and outlook does not look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Why because he didn't do anything but make the stars he played against look like fools?

Lol, why because Mike had career years after he started taking more shots and that was a direct influence of fizdale. 

Y'all can instantly love Ja and Jaren and they haven't done squat and they are not likely to do what the boring gng grizzlies did. But hey, we'll have the flying wallendas on our team and we can hero worship them every time they go in for a monster dunk and then lose the game by 20. I see your future without mike conley and the boring gng team and outlook does not look good.

If MC was all that why did the Grizz never make it to the Big Dance? Gasol made ALL STAR, so did Z but no MC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, CarloJ63 said:

I don't know if the Lakers have someone we want, but if the reports are true that they're interested in Dwight Howard now, maybe we can work a 2 for 1 swap, plus a draft pick.

If they don't want to play that's okay, we'll make a deal with Houston.

The locked on grizzlies podcast said we will prob buy him out I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If MC was all that why did the Grizz never make it to the Big Dance? Gasol made ALL STAR, so did Z but no MC.

why did the grizzlies never get a Christmas day game even after they went to the Western finals the year before when you answer that question you'll get your answer that you just asked to your question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

why did the grizzlies never get a Christmas day game even after they went to the Western finals the year before when you answer that question you'll get your answer that you just asked to your question

That logic is, um, interesting..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

logic is powerless with this one ...

He's the board's Rain Man.

Who's on 3rd, Mike Conley, Captain Clutch, Conley, then who's on 1st, Mike Conley, #11, Conley...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

why did the grizzlies never get a Christmas day game even after they went to the Western finals the year before when you answer that question you'll get your answer that you just asked to your question

Who wants to play BB on Christmas Day? That's a time to be with family. Apparently the NBA didn't think the Grizz had the ability to draw people away from their family, even with the ALL WORLD MC playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Who wants to play BB on Christmas Day? That's a time to be with family. Apparently the NBA didn't think the Grizz had the ability to draw people away from their family, even with the ALL WORLD MC playing.

I have to agree with this. I don't want the players leaving their families for a basketball game and I don't want to leave my family on Christmas Day to watch a game. I'm content watching at home with everyone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your average viewer didn't want to watch the Grizzlies play on TV - that's what it comes down to. Large media markets dominate nationally televised games and viewership is what drives these decisions for the networks.

For the 2017-2018 season (coming off Conley's best playoff series against the Spurs), here are the numbers (look towards the bottom...): 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/04/nba-ratings-warriors-cavs-local-national/

If you want to argue that people would've at least wanted to see them at the height of the GNG era, well, that's not true either. Here are the playoff ratings by game for the season where we made the WCF:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/06/2013-nba-playoffs-wrap-tv-ratings-for-every-game/

And, lastly, here are the ratings for every nationally televised game the season after we made the WCF (do a search for "Grizzlies" and you'll see they're mostly, if not all, at the bottom half):

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/04/2013-14-nba-tv-viewership-heat-top-draw-lakers-and-knicks-in-top-five/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

Your average viewer didn't want to watch the Grizzlies play on TV - that's what it comes down to. Large media markets dominate nationally televised games and viewership is what drives these decisions for the networks.

For the 2017-2018 season (coming off Conley's best playoff series against the Spurs), here are the numbers (look towards the bottom...): 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/04/nba-ratings-warriors-cavs-local-national/

If you want to argue that people would've at least wanted to see them at the height of the GNG era, well, that's not true either. Here are the playoff ratings by game for the season where we made the WCF:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/06/2013-nba-playoffs-wrap-tv-ratings-for-every-game/

And, lastly, here are the ratings for every nationally televised game the season after we made the WCF (do a search for "Grizzlies" and you'll see they're mostly, if not all, at the bottom half):

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/04/2013-14-nba-tv-viewership-heat-top-draw-lakers-and-knicks-in-top-five/

I disagree there was one playoff series where the grizzlies were relegated to nbatv and there game got higher viewership than the prime time game. Everybody loved grit n grind, except adam silver.

The fact that you think the minimal amount of national games are indicative of how the grizzlies draw is your first problem. The grizzlies didn't get any push by the league and really lebron is the only player that really moved the needle in that area.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why you guys still talking about stuff from 5 years ago. 

We have box office now in Ja who'll be a bigger star and player than any of we've had before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Why you guys still talking about stuff from 5 years ago. 

We have box office now in Ja who'll be a bigger star and player than any of we've had before

way to jinx the kid, and you are already wrong because the league is pushing Zion Williamson. Your faulty logic is that since Ja and Jaren are flashier they will get star treatment. Since when does that matter. Zion is already getting the star treatment and he hasn't played 1 game. Faulty logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

league is pushing Zion now. Until game start and then the best player will get the audience. If JJJ become what we expect, then Memphis will get more exposure. 

doubt it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

doubt it

Embrace change and appreciate the luck we had with the lottery to not completely be irrelevant man. We all loved the grit and grind era but times are a changing partner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Why you guys still talking about stuff from 5 years ago. 

We have box office now in Ja who'll be a bigger star and player than any of we've had before

They may have it to begin with but if they don't win you can kiss them goodbye.Most people don't support losers very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Why you guys still talking about stuff from 5 years ago. 

We have box office now in Ja who'll be a bigger star and player than any of we've had before

I agree.  I also think he will start this season fast and get good very early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

way to jinx the kid, and you are already wrong because the league is pushing Zion Williamson. Your faulty logic is that since Ja and Jaren are flashier they will get star treatment. Since when does that matter. Zion is already getting the star treatment and he hasn't played 1 game. Faulty logic.

Let's bring this back up when Ja Morant takes over all-star weekend like Donovan Mitchell did 2 years ago. 

I'll buy your first pair of Ja Morants 1.0's when they come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth a look on Dwight.

So the big questions will be answered soon, on some team, maybe: Is he still a locker room cancer and is the back ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now