Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

4 hours ago, pjs said:

Yeah.  No need to feel sorry for Mike ... he's well payed.

But man, after a couple of years of doubting him, Mike proved me wrong and became my favorite Grizzly of all time.  Mike's first couple of years were disappointing to me.  I hope fans learn from that experience and give Ja a few years before rushing to conclusions ... PG in the NBA is tough.  I wish Mike well with his new start & will be rooting for the Jazz this year.  If they stay healthy, the Jazz will be fun to watch and really good this year.  Mike was great for the Memphis franchise ... a really high quality person and teammate.

Mike is awesome as a player and even more as a person.

I don't know if the Lakers have someone we want, but if the reports are true that they're interested in Dwight Howard now, maybe we can work a 2 for 1 swap, plus a draft pick.

If they don't want to play that's okay, we'll make a deal with Houston.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I wouldn't mind see MC win a championship but I was never in love with him like you were. He was a good player for the Grizz and I wish him well. I think hiring Fiz was not a good thing.

Why because he didn't do anything but make the stars he played against look like fools?

Lol, why because Mike had career years after he started taking more shots and that was a direct influence of fizdale. 

Y'all can instantly love Ja and Jaren and they haven't done squat and they are not likely to do what the boring gng grizzlies did. But hey, we'll have the flying wallendas on our team and we can hero worship them every time they go in for a monster dunk and then lose the game by 20. I see your future without mike conley and the boring gng team and outlook does not look good.

14 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Why because he didn't do anything but make the stars he played against look like fools?

Lol, why because Mike had career years after he started taking more shots and that was a direct influence of fizdale. 

Y'all can instantly love Ja and Jaren and they haven't done squat and they are not likely to do what the boring gng grizzlies did. But hey, we'll have the flying wallendas on our team and we can hero worship them every time they go in for a monster dunk and then lose the game by 20. I see your future without mike conley and the boring gng team and outlook does not look good.

If MC was all that why did the Grizz never make it to the Big Dance? Gasol made ALL STAR, so did Z but no MC.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, CarloJ63 said:

I don't know if the Lakers have someone we want, but if the reports are true that they're interested in Dwight Howard now, maybe we can work a 2 for 1 swap, plus a draft pick.

If they don't want to play that's okay, we'll make a deal with Houston.

The locked on grizzlies podcast said we will prob buy him out I think. 

4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If MC was all that why did the Grizz never make it to the Big Dance? Gasol made ALL STAR, so did Z but no MC.

why did the grizzlies never get a Christmas day game even after they went to the Western finals the year before when you answer that question you'll get your answer that you just asked to your question

28 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

why did the grizzlies never get a Christmas day game even after they went to the Western finals the year before when you answer that question you'll get your answer that you just asked to your question

That logic is, um, interesting..

13 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

logic is powerless with this one ...

He's the board's Rain Man.

Who's on 3rd, Mike Conley, Captain Clutch, Conley, then who's on 1st, Mike Conley, #11, Conley...

14 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Who wants to play BB on Christmas Day? That's a time to be with family. Apparently the NBA didn't think the Grizz had the ability to draw people away from their family, even with the ALL WORLD MC playing.

30 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Who wants to play BB on Christmas Day? That's a time to be with family. Apparently the NBA didn't think the Grizz had the ability to draw people away from their family, even with the ALL WORLD MC playing.

I have to agree with this. I don't want the players leaving their families for a basketball game and I don't want to leave my family on Christmas Day to watch a game. I'm content watching at home with everyone.  

Your average viewer didn't want to watch the Grizzlies play on TV - that's what it comes down to. Large media markets dominate nationally televised games and viewership is what drives these decisions for the networks.

For the 2017-2018 season (coming off Conley's best playoff series against the Spurs), here are the numbers (look towards the bottom...): 

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/04/nba-ratings-warriors-cavs-local-national/

If you want to argue that people would've at least wanted to see them at the height of the GNG era, well, that's not true either. Here are the playoff ratings by game for the season where we made the WCF:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013/06/2013-nba-playoffs-wrap-tv-ratings-for-every-game/

And, lastly, here are the ratings for every nationally televised game the season after we made the WCF (do a search for "Grizzlies" and you'll see they're mostly, if not all, at the bottom half):

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/04/2013-14-nba-tv-viewership-heat-top-draw-lakers-and-knicks-in-top-five/