Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

1 hour ago, Allen said:

This is one of the the main reasons im glad Wallace is gone 

You mean the guy who didn't cave in on his demands for Tyreke Evans?

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, but that was stupid to be fair. I assume he meant wait for the right opportunity, not just completely avoid doing anything. 

25 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah, but that was stupid to be fair. I assume he meant wait for the right opportunity, not just completely avoid doing anything. 

Yeah, I know, just saying it isn't that simple.  You have to know when you're being unreasonable.  I guess CW didn't.  I hope the new guys are better.

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, I know, just saying it isn't that simple.  You have to know when you're being unreasonable.  I guess CW didn't.  I hope the new guys are better.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  They have shown - so far - the ability to see a couple of steps ahead.

Just now, CarloJ63 said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  They have shown - so far - the ability to see a couple of steps ahead.

Only time will tell, but so far it seems like a pretty good offseason.  Moving in the right direction anyway.  I'm hopeful.

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Only time will tell, but so far it seems like a pretty good offseason.  Moving in the right direction anyway.  I'm hopeful.

Yeah I am too.  But take everything else away, if we can get rid of Iguodala without having to waive someone and eat their contract, this whole Iggy deal will be a slam dunk...

...not to mention if we get another draft pick out of the deal.

Edited by CarloJ63
add

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Please Wallace got the short end of the stick on almost every deal he made. And the Tyreke episode was idiotic. 

On 8/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Wasn't some posters clamoring for a 1st? The guy couldn't win on this board no matter what he did. HE DID HAVE THE GRIZZ IN THE PO 7 STRAIGHT YEARS.

Was it his fault that Z lost his cool and got suspended the 7th game against OKC or Conley got his face broke or TA got hurt in a worthless game right before the POs? I tell you, his luck had to be as bad as Rodney Dangerfield's.

17 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

The "so far" is the key phrase.

It's easier to make deals when there's no pressure or expectation of playoffs.

The FO has done well and gotten some luck, but the performance down the line will be what matters.

On 8/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Wasn't some posters clamoring for a 1st? The guy couldn't win on this board no matter what he did. HE DID HAVE THE GRIZZ IN THE PO 7 STRAIGHT YEARS.

Was it his fault that Z lost his cool and got suspended the 7th game against OKC or Conley got his face broke or TA got hurt in a worthless game right before the POs? I tell you, his luck had to be as bad as Rodney Dangerfield's.

You really ride for the grizzlies past just like I do which is what I appreciate.

The grizzlies were so close to titles if they would have had different luck.

I just hope Conley can win a championship with Utah this year that would make my year for sure, and all the Conley haters on this board can eat Crow and live with it

So anything on the Iggy front? Well he even suit up for us if we don't trade him till the deadline?

On 8/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

You really ride for the grizzlies past just like I do which is what I appreciate.

I just hope Conley can win a championship with Utah this year that would make my year for sure, and all the Conley haters on this board can eat Crow and live with it

I wouldn't mind see MC win a championship but I was never in love with him like you were. He was a good player for the Grizz and I wish him well. I think hiring Fiz was not a good thing.

6 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

So anything on the Iggy front? Well he even suit up for us if we don't trade him till the deadline?

They are sorting through the big time offers for his services.

9 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Don't hold your breath. I'd be surprised if they didn't buyout/waive him by the start of the season. Besides we already won the trade by getting a 1st out of it, anythin else is gravy at this point. September 7th is when we can package other players with him, might be more trade options then.

23 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I am betting on it.

I think it is 100% so far for ex-Grizz players the year of/after they are traded.

2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I am betting on it.

I think it is 100% so far for ex-Grizz players the year of/after they are traded.

?!!  Not even close if you seriously check.  Rudy?  Shareef?  If you look at all the players we've traded quite a decent number have not won championships.

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

?!!  Not even close if you seriously check.  Rudy?  Shareef?  If you look at all the players we've traded quite a decent number have not won championships.

😂

Yes, I'm sorry that was written more based on that being how I feel than reality. You are of course absolutely right.

Pau, Shane, J-Will, Posey, now Marc - got them rings.

The guys you mentioned plus countless scrubs have gotten nothing after being traded. 

Vegas loves suckers like me I suppose.

11 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

😂

Yes, I'm sorry that was written more based on that being how I feel than reality. You are of course absolutely right.

Pau, Shane, J-Will, Posey, now Marc - got them rings.

The guys you mentioned plus countless scrubs have gotten nothing after being traded. 

Vegas loves suckers like me I suppose.

:lol:

Actually, when I started to reply I realized there were more former Grizz who became champs than I thought, and other players I was going to add were not traded, merely allowed to walk.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:14 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Shareef is nasty in 2k19

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

As long as Lebron and Kawhi are able to walk, Utah aint winning a championship.

2 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

As long as Lebron and Kawhi are able to walk, Utah aint winning a championship.

Image result for there's still hope gif

Even if Conley doesn't win a championship, he can still sit back and count all his millions.

When Gasol was up for a new contract, he took less than the max. As a result, when it was time to trade him it was much easier to find a team that could match salaries and still be a contender.

When Mike was up for a new contract, he got the biggest max deal in the history of the NBA at that point. As a result, it was a bit harder to find a team that could match salaries and still be a contender.

I don't resent the deal he got, he deserved it. but I'm not going to feel sorry for him if he doesn't get a ring either.

1 hour ago, KyleB said:

Even if Conley doesn't win a championship, he can still sit back and count all his millions.

When Gasol was up for a new contract, he took less than the max. As a result, when it was time to trade him it was much easier to find a team that could match salaries and still be a contender.

When Mike was up for a new contract, he got the biggest max deal in the history of the NBA at that point. As a result, it was a bit harder to find a team that could match salaries and still be a contender.

I don't resent the deal he got, he deserved it. but I'm not going to feel sorry for him if he doesn't get a ring either.

Yeah.  No need to feel sorry for Mike ... he's well payed.

But man, after a couple of years of doubting him, Mike proved me wrong and became my favorite Grizzly of all time.  Mike's first couple of years were disappointing to me.  I hope fans learn from that experience and give Ja a few years before rushing to conclusions ... PG in the NBA is tough.  I wish Mike well with his new start & will be rooting for the Jazz this year.  If they stay healthy, the Jazz will be fun to watch and really good this year.  Mike was great for the Memphis franchise ... a really high quality person and teammate.

3 hours ago, pjs said:

Yeah.  No need to feel sorry for Mike ... he's well payed.

But man, after a couple of years of doubting him, Mike proved me wrong and became my favorite Grizzly of all time.  Mike's first couple of years were disappointing to me.  I hope fans learn from that experience and give Ja a few years before rushing to conclusions ... PG in the NBA is tough.  I wish Mike well with his new start & will be rooting for the Jazz this year.  If they stay healthy, the Jazz will be fun to watch and really good this year.  Mike was great for the Memphis franchise ... a really high quality person and teammate.

Well said.