Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

I'm predicting Houston will find a way to make a deal ... they will need Iggy the most (vs Kawhi or Lebron) and Iggy fits there because he does the off-ball dirty work.  His defense is still elite ... and offensively the ball doesn't stick in his hands.  With two ball-dominant stars ... Iggy would be the kind of player that Harden and Westbrook need if they want to seriously contend.

Man, there has never been a better time to have an asset like AI than right now.  I would move slowly, too.  This offseason has been an arms race and teams are throwing out first round picks right now more than ever out of necessity.  It's currently a seller's market.  We got a FRP and the 2 million bucks we needed to give to Avery Bradley just to take AI so that GSW could make a move.  Someone will find a way to get MEM a quality FRP or other high-value "rebuilding" assets to get AI between now and the trade deadline.

Hou has our 2nd so maybe we could just it returned . top 6 pick and two nice 2nds in the next draft wouldnt be so bad.

2 hours ago, cdp said:

Barton is a pipe dream. The Nuggets aren't trading one their better players for a 35 year old Iggy. That doesn't make them a better team at all. We'd be the ones to give up a pick for Barton.

I agree, unless they want to get off his contract before Jamal Murray big contract starts Next year. I don't know any other reason why they would do the deal. 

55 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I agree, unless they want to get off his contract before Jamal Murray big contract starts Next year. I don't know any other reason why they would do the deal. 

They would do the deal because Iggy is a multi time champion, a finals MVP, and one of the best defenders in the entire NBA. Come West Confernce Finals time and you're trying to defend Kawhi Leonard or Lebron James with Jerami Grant and Paul Millsap and that's a good invitation to start your Summer early. If you want to win a championship in the West you'd better have a plan for guarding two of the best players of all time, and that will include someone like Barton or Beasley to do it.

I am curious why Portland is so quite? I see them having some interest in Igoudala. They are able to submit a pretty decent offer, for instance Whiteside + Bazemore + FRP  (lottery protected for 2years) for Igoudala, Crowder, Hill and Plumlee.

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

I am curious why Portland is so quite? I see them having some interest in Igoudala. They are able to submit a pretty decent offer, for instance Whiteside + Bazemore + FRP  (lottery protected for 2years) for Igoudala, Crowder, Hill and Plumlee.

Cause they probably would rather have the guys they traded for than our scraps we got from asset collecting

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Cause they probably would rather have the guys they traded for than our scraps we got from asset collecting

Scraps is not a fair characterization at all.

9 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yeah. If Iggy was a free agent this year, he would not have been a priority for hardly anyone and would not have gotten close to 17 million. Maybe one team just says "ah what the hell" and unloads something valuable for him. But I think this bidding war is imaginary.

10 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Ha-ha... :) 

Seriously, does Dame - CJ - Iggy - Crowder - Collins/Nurkic look really scary only to me?

16 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Scraps is not a fair characterization at all.

What would be a better name for them collectively

29 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

What would be a better name for them collectively

Well, everyone but Iggy might be scraps, but he's an asset.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, pjs said:

I'm predicting Houston will find a way to make a deal ... they will need Iggy the most (vs Kawhi or Lebron) and Iggy fits there because he does the off-ball dirty work.  His defense is still elite ... and offensively the ball doesn't stick in his hands.  With two ball-dominant stars ... Iggy would be the kind of player that Harden and Westbrook need if they want to seriously contend.

I think your right PJ. I could see that happening 

If you look in the trade machine there just aren't that many playoff teams that can trade for Iggy they don't have the contracts to make it work if I'm the Grizz I'm trying to do CLee and Jackson for Iggy or see if they can work a deal for Tony Snell in Detroit and a 2nd from them since there's will be better than Dallas's

What's important to remember is anything we get from Iggy (cap space, picks, veteran mentorship) is a plus on top of the GSW pick. The fact that there are teams seriously considering trading for him makes me very optimistic that something will be worked out. We probably won't get a 1st round pick (I think that demand is a negotiating tactic) but we'll get something. We're not in any hurry.

45 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

What's important to remember is anything we get from Iggy (cap space, picks, veteran mentorship) is a plus on top of the GSW pick. The fact that there are teams seriously considering trading for him makes me very optimistic that something will be worked out. We probably won't get a 1st round pick (I think that demand is a negotiating tactic) but we'll get something. We're not in any hurry.

I agree with this.  Whatever we get for him is icing on the cake.  I'm just impatient and want everything done yesterday.

14 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

13 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I agree with this.  Whatever we get for him is icing on the cake.  I'm just impatient and want everything done yesterday.

I agree, keep Iggy and Dwight, till we get a quality pick or young player.

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I agree, keep Iggy and Dwight, till we get a quality pick or young player.

We're not going to cut one of our young players to keep Dwight Howard on the team. You really want to cut Grayson Allen or Bruno - or not be able to bring up Harvey or sign Marco - just so we can keep Dwight Howard because there is some small chance he might get us a 2nd round pick at the deadline? That's bad business. Giving up on young players for annoying vets - in a rebuild - is a recipe for disaster. We know who Dwight is. Sure, he might get us 2-3 more wins than Allen/Bruno, but we don't care about wins right now. We care about developing young talent.

Given that, it’s clear that the Mavericks absolutely have interest in Iguodala for the right price. The position they are weakest at is the 3; excluding Doncic, who will have the ball in his hands most of the time when he’s on the court, the wings are made up of Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, and Dorian Finney-Smith. Adding Iguodala would certainly help.

– via The Athletic

first time I’ve seen Dallas mentioned

5 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Given that, it’s clear that the Mavericks absolutely have interest in Iguodala for the right price. The position they are weakest at is the 3; excluding Doncic, who will have the ball in his hands most of the time when he’s on the court, the wings are made up of Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, and Dorian Finney-Smith. Adding Iguodala would certainly help.

– via The Athletic

first time I’ve seen Dallas mentioned

Dallas has been associated with this for a while, but primarily before they used their trade exception and with the belief that they'd most likely only be in the mix if we buy him out. The Grizz really need to hold on to Iggy until the deadline, IMO. This helps future bargaining ability by not caving in these types of discussions, which is no small thing, when you have so many alpha male types as GMs.

I wonder if Minnesota would get involved, Dieng and a unprotected first would do it. 

Miami could do James Johnson, Derrick Jones, and a 2nd. 

Detroit could do Snell, Galloway, and two 2nds. 

Denver could always get involved, I'm thinking Barton and Hernangomez is possible. 

Dieng or Johnson would become good expiring contracts for next year. It'd be very beneficial for Minnesota because they would clear a lot cap space for next year. He'd be a good mentor for Wiggins and Culver as well. 

Snell and/or Galloway could play or be moved since both are expiring. 

That move should guarantee Miami at least makes the playoffs, and we at least get a high upside SF for our core. 

Denver gives us at least a role player with Barton, and Juan is ok, but we could always flip him for another piece. 

27 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Miami could do James Johnson, Derrick Jones, and a 2nd. 

As we continue to collect Js ... 

2 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Dallas has been associated with this for a while, but primarily before they used their trade exception and with the belief that they'd most likely only be in the mix if we buy him out. The Grizz really need to hold on to Iggy until the deadline, IMO. This helps future bargaining ability by not caving in these types of discussions, which is no small thing, when you have so many alpha male types as GMs.

This is one of the the main reasons im glad Wallace is gone