Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

Miami needs help with the butler trade.

Cole Zwicker said if the Lakers don't get Kawhi they should trade for Iggy all they really have left is their rookie this year and 2nds though 

The Clippers are still waiting on Kawhi as well so they could will have extra money if he doesn't come.

Dallas is an option we could take THJ from them if they want to get off his extra years and be a player next off-season again.

I don't think IGGY makes it to Thursday as a member of the Grizz

Iggy is well past him prime. I would want him as a locker room guy off of the bench but not sure if I would want him starting or playing starter's minutes at this point in his career. Obviously he took a backseat to Steph, KD and Klay in GS and accepted a role but he's 35. We should try and flip him to a vet team looking to contend. The 1st round pick was nice though. 

4 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Iggy is well past him prime. I would want him as a locker room guy off of the bench but not sure if I would want him starting or playing starter's minutes at this point in his career. Obviously he took a backseat to Steph, KD and Klay in GS and accepted a role but he's 35. We should try and flip him to a vet team looking to content. The 1st round pick was nice though. 

I do believe that's the plan 

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Miami needs help with the butler trade.

Cole Zwicker said if the Lakers don't get Kawhi they should trade for Iggy all they really have left is their rookie this year and 2nds though 

The Clippers are still waiting on Kawhi as well so they could will have extra money if he doesn't come.

Dallas is an option we could take THJ from them if they want to get off his extra years and be a player next off-season again.

I don't think IGGY makes it to Thursday as a member of the Grizz

Iggy, Korver & filler to Miami for Knucklehead and a guaranteed pick.

15 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I do believe that's the plan 

Hopefully.

I hate to bring the WIggins thing back up but now with Iggy( $17 mil), Bradley ($13 mil), we're right at where we need to be to swap them for Wiggins and a pick. 

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hopefully.

I hate to bring the WIggins thing back up but now with Iggy( $17 mil), Korver ($13 mil), we're right at where we need to be to swap them for Wiggins and a pick. 

Korver is listed at 7.5 mil for this season on basketball-reference

This front office has been nothing short of incredible. 

Get a first rounder to take Iggy, then probably get a couple second rounders to redirect him to one of the LA teams after they strike out on Kawhi. 

1 minute ago, Father Pat said:

Korver is listed at 7.5 mil for this season on basketball-reference

Sorry, I meant Avery Bradley. Have no idea where Korver came from. 

They only can trade Bradley for his guaranteed amount I believe

8 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Sorry, I meant Avery Bradley. Have no idea where Korver came from. 

Probably doesn't matter. The way the F.O. is rolling, they will probably move both of them for more assets. I'm starting to inch towards the ledge in believing in them, but I'm not going over yet.

19 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hopefully.

I hate to bring the WIggins thing back up but now with Iggy( $17 mil), Bradley ($13 mil), we're right at where we need to be to swap them for Wiggins and a pick. 

You cannot trade players you got in a trade combined with other players for at least two months.

Meaning, we can trade Iggy by himself, but we cannot aggregate his salary to other players in order to get a player with more salary.

39 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Probably doesn't matter. The way the F.O. is rolling, they will probably move both of them for more assets. I'm starting to inch towards the ledge in believing in them, but I'm not going over yet.

36 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

You cannot trade players you got in a trade combined with other players for at least two months.

Meaning, we can trade Iggy by himself, but we cannot aggregate his salary to other players in order to get a player with more salary.

I just go back to what I said a few weeks ago. i think something is up and they will take a swing for the fences and try to make a big trade. What that means or what type of player? i don't know but i gather it will be a swingman who can score and probably has a salary in the 20 million something range but I may be all wrong but I just get the feeling they are looking to make a big trade this summer while gathering additional assets such as future draft picks as well.

My stance is to wait til next year to try something like that but I wouldn't be opposed to getting Oubre for $15 mil per either. I'm not really a fan of Oubre's game really but if we can get him for that price, I say do it. I really wanted TJ Warren. He would have been the perfect transition player and is on a very reasonable contract averaging out $33 mil over the next 3 years. We could have kept him for 2 years to take the scoring load off of Ja and JJJ and then traded him in his last year. Not sure why they didn't act there which takes me back to they are up to something that they feel will be big. 

7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

two words: player coach. 

iggy is one of the best defenders in the league, from a technical-standpoint. the guy is fundamentally sound, and who better to teach the young guys about defense then him and jae crowder. For that matter, who better to teach guys how to shoot and space the floor then korver.

I love all of these guys, personally.

Hey dude, two words, then than. Remember that.

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Hey dude, two words, then than. Remember that.

So we’re grammar police now? Say less. 

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

great move. it’ll be interesting to see where he lands. no way it’s here. 

slim. 

Andre could be here until 2020 trade deadline

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

This makes sense Hopely someone trades for him now rather than later.

26 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

This makes sense Hopely someone trades for him now rather than later.

That all depends on his attitude. If he comes in and embraces his role of tutor to the kids I have no problem with him being here. If he comes in with a prima donna attitude then let him go quickly. 

7 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Hope he does the same here. But seems he will go someway somehow 

What?  Rest up for his Apr-Jun vacation, or you think we're going to be in the playoffs?

i'd be highly (pleasantly) shocked if iggy were to come in and happily mentor the young bucks and show a great attitude during the process. yes, he took a secondary role for a good while during his peak years, but he did so en route to championships. 

imo, we would be kidding ourselves thinking he would not be a malcontent in this deal.

please, shock me iggy, but im not betting a backwoods on it.

slim.

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

two words: player coach. 

iggy is one of the best defenders in the league, from a technical-standpoint. the guy is fundamentally sound, and who better to teach the young guys about defense then him and jae crowder. For that matter, who better to teach guys how to shoot and space the floor then korver.

I love all of these guys, personally.

At first you were arguing that the Conley deal was good because it was a better haul than Anthony Davis, then you essentially said all of the guys in the deal were trash a few days ago, now you're blabbering about how much you love Korver and Crowder.

I'll give it until Wednesday to see what your new opinion is.

An old Tayshaun and Battier really helped us.   He still has a lot to give and would help us win a lot more but he continued to stay in Golden State in his prime to win championships.   He has a hefty salary so unless he is bought out going to Brooklyn, the Lakers, Raptors, etc seems like a long shot.

YO

54 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Agreed. I don't see any reason to make moves for Korver/Crowder/Iggy quickly just because. These guys will be just as valuable at the deadline as they are now. Teams get squirmy at the deadline when they feel they can contend and are ready to swing for it, especially now that the Warriors are (mostly) out of the picture.

Well there is a rumor out that the Grizzlies are buying out Iggy so he can sign with the Lakers.