Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

15 minutes ago, jtp0000 said:

Sounds like Mavs fans wanting to dump CLee

The Grizzlies' so-far response, DBcom has been told, is that they are unwilling to take on the ballast of Lee's $12.759 million salary in such a deal.

The Mavs would love to employ Iguodala in the starting lineup or off the bench, where he was so helpful to Golden State during their title run before the Warriors recently salary-dumped him to Memphis.

1 minute ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The Grizzlies' so-far response, DBcom has been told, is that they are unwilling to take on the ballast of Lee's $12.759 million salary in such a deal.

The Mavs would love to employ Iguodala in the starting lineup or off the bench, where he was so helpful to Golden State during their title run before the Warriors recently salary-dumped him to Memphis.

I love the negotiating

43 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Can't we trade him for the Harrison Barnes Trade Exception? That seems a likely and mutually beneficial deal to me.

9 minutes ago, tennesseessio said:

Can't we trade him for the Harrison Barnes Trade Exception? That seems a likely and mutually beneficial deal to me.

I thought they could and I thought ultimately that was going to be what happened, except the Mavs just officially announced some deals (including Delon), so I don't know if that would work anymore 

OK, how about this potential deal?

Thunder just picked up a ton of 1st rounders from the Clippers in the Paul George trade and are now in the cutting salary mode since they are a lux tax team.

They trade Gallinari ($22.6 mm) and at least 1 future 1st rounder for Iggy and Rabb before Rabb's 7/15 guarantee date.  It saves the Clippers at least $6mm in salary, and multiply that for whatever their tax consequences would be.

The benefit for the Grizzlies would be the future 1st (not really interested in more 2nds), not Gallinari.

*Not sure that will work now that I type it.  Rabb's salary would have been guaranteed by the time the deal is done.

Could also do Kent Bazemore (Portland) for Iggy. (Again, 1st rounder needed)

I'm not sure who Portland is going to have to guard all these SF in the West currently residing in LA.

If the FO didn't want CLee's contact they definitely aren't gonna want one that's bigger 

7 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

We better get justin jackson

JA

Jackson

Jackson

Jackson

JV

Yea I want Jackson in a Dallas deal don't really know how they persuaded Dallas to give him up other than haggling. I don't think the team wants to do anymore 2 for 1s either.

The one time that the grizzlies have the assets.. we draft ja and now Westbrook is available. Only a few teams have the cap space to trade for him. And we could easily do it right now. And Westbrook is locked up for the next 3 years. Which makes it even better. It’s not a 1 year rental... 

I know many of you don’t want Westbrook but he would be the best grizzly to ever suit up for us.. And would at least be exciting to watch

7 minutes ago, gfaulk09 said:

The one time that the grizzlies have the assets.. we draft ja and now Westbrook is available. Only a few teams have the cap space to trade for him. And we could easily do it right now. And Westbrook is locked up for the next 3 years. Which makes it even better. It’s not a 1 year rental... 

I know many of you don’t want Westbrook but he would be the best grizzly to ever suit up for us.. And would at least be exciting to watch

How well has okc done with Westbrook as the main guy??? I think we should be passed that by now Westbrook finishes out his contract the Grizz fight for a playoff spot no one develops cause Westbrook dominates everything, then we start this whole process over I'll pass on that idea

Wow. Lee coming back would be weird to me. I know we wont take the money 

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Wow. Lee coming back would be weird to me. I know we wont take the money 

I’m not sure the money matters now. We didn’t want to pay him when we thought we were contending. Now that we’re in the bottom 5, paying those types of guys isn’t as hard to swallow. 

11 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

I love the negotiating

Wallace would have taken Lee and given them a second round pick because why not

Just tell Mavs no to that offer & keep negotiating with other teams.

It's funny that FO thinks they're going to get that much more value for a 35 year old 17million dollar player on his last legs. A 2nd rounder plus 5 mill in savings is exactly what to expect for someone like that.

7 minutes ago, cdp said:

It's funny that FO thinks they're going to get that much more value for a 35 year old 17million dollar player on his last legs. A 2nd rounder plus 5 mill in savings is exactly what to expect for someone like that.

Doesn't hurt my feelings if they try.

12 minutes ago, cdp said:

I don't know if I would say Iggy is on his last legs. His shot wasn't falling in the NBA Finals but otherwise he looked pretty good to me. 

21 minutes ago, cdp said:

I'm not sure they want THAT much more...but at least a player who can somewhat contribute...Lee is a broken down bum.

Also, the Griz seem to have a player that playoff caliber teams WANT...so why give him away?

3 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I'm not sure they want THAT much more...but at least a player who can somewhat contribute...Lee is a broken down bum.

Also, the Griz seem to have a player that playoff caliber teams WANT...so why give him away?

I agree with this the problem with that trade is that C.Lee just sucks so much at this point.

Just now, costarica2 said:

I agree with this the problem with that trade is that C.Lee just sucks so much at this point.

Right, just at least give me a player that can play meaningful minutes on an expiring contract.

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Right, just at least give me a player that can play meaningful minutes on an expiring contract.

If CLee was 23 instead of 33 the Grizzlies may have gone for it. Iggy has championship rings, he's a natural leader. He brings a lot to the table for a young team looking to find their way in the league. What does CLee provide in comparison?

Just now, chipc3 said:

If CLee was 23 instead of 33 the Grizzlies may have gone for it. Iggy has championship rings, he's a natural leader. He brings a lot to the table for a young team looking to find their way in the league. What does CLee provide in comparison?

And teams WANT Iggy...that's an asset in an asset driven league...why give him away?

25 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

And teams WANT Iggy...that's an asset in an asset driven league...why give him away?

Exactly. What I believe some people aren't factoring into the equation is the Grizzlies may not want to lose Iggy for nothing even at a 50% discount. They may want more draft picks. They may want another young player. I don't know what they want but it seems likely that they want something for this asset (and I do believe Iggy is an asset).

Buyouts only work if both sides want out. If Memphis doesn't want Iggy and Iggy wants out at some point a buyout may make sense. The key point point is both sides need to want it. A player wanting to be bought out alone (and I am not saying Iggy does) isn't enough for a franchise to buy him out at any price. 

People are asking for examples of players accepting a buyout for no money. The only reason a team would even offer that is they are willing to let him go. If the team wants him either as a leader on a young team or as a future trade asset, they simply won't negotiate a buyout. If the offer is too low the player won't accept the buyout. Therefore buyouts for nothing don't happen very often and won't be announced if they are. 

I do wonder how many buyouts have been for little to nothing. I suppose they have happened but why would they if both sides weren't in agreement. If the team doesn't want to pay that much they just keep him. If the player doesn't want that little they just refuse the offer.