Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

7 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Trade him now for whatever we can get

I am pretty sure our guys in the bull pen got out their thick red books and started making cold calls.

34 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

My opinion is that if players feel enslaved by their contractual obligations, they should not sign those contracts, or at least not for longer than one season.  They have the freedom to choose.

His issue that he spoke about was how the orginzation lied ro him about his health.  They told him it was one injury but it was more severe and he ended up getting hurt more seriously.  Many companies do this,  as a cdl driver dispatch would often give me routes that would potentially violate DOT standards because they made an promise to a company.  If I were to lose my license,  they'd just replace me, rinse and repeat.  

40 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

His issue that he spoke about was how the orginzation lied ro him about his health.  They told him it was one injury but it was more severe and he ended up getting hurt more seriously.  Many companies do this,  as a cdl driver dispatch would often give me routes that would potentially violate DOT standards because they made an promise to a company.  If I were to lose my license,  they'd just replace me, rinse and repeat.  

im a truck driver too, nice analogy

2 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

im a truck driver too, nice analogy

See it all the time.  Less experienced drivers often fold and jeopardize their livelihood 

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Did they lie to him, or were they just mistaken?  If true maybe he would have grounds for a lawsuit.

i think people are vastly over-reacting to that tweet. It was tweeted out with absolutely zero context and people are reading whatever they want to into it. It's a Kanye West song title simple and plain. I get the feeling if Iggy was taking shots at anyone it was at the GSW and/or the NBA overall. I don't think it has anything to do with the Grizz, Grizz fans, or the city of Memphis in general. I really think people are over-reacting.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Did they lie to him, or were they just mistaken?  If true maybe he would have grounds for a lawsuit.

Who knows,  maybe they did,  maybe they didn't,  but I'd assume a fracture wouldn't be hard to diagnose. 

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

My take on what he was saying about his injury was that they were misleading/lying to the public, and not that they lied to him personally to keep him to continue playing.

edit: The Warriors have a history of saying things about injuries that aren't true. Kurr has, self admittedly, given incorrect answers to the media, because he just doesn't have to.

18 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

Apparently Washburn and his 2 way deal were sent to GS as part of this trade.

I can't find anything on twitter about this, but I had heard that the GSW will waive Washburn.

34 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I can't find anything on twitter about this, but I had heard that the GSW will waive Washburn.

Rotoworld had that info. Saying we would pick him back up for our summer league team.

56 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Rotoworld had that info. Saying we would pick him back up for our summer league team.

Yeah, that's what I had heard (he'd join the team again in SL), but then I couldn't find anything on it.

6 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Evidently he posted it after KD made his decision to go to Brooklyn.  It was a shot at Golden State not us.  Considering some of the things he spoke of in his interview , I understand his viewpoint 

Ah okay. I was hoping he didn’t have ill will toward the Grizz.

15 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I am pretty sure our guys in the bull pen got out their thick red books and started making cold calls.

hahahaha that's true. I hope he can net us something decent

I wonder if AI is traded, like we all suspect, and the Grizzlies get back someone like Courtney Lee and a pick.

Not necessarily, CLee, but a marginal starter who makes about $11-13 mm/year, and that would save the FO about $3-5 million.

I guess every time I see someone has posted int his thread, I open it expecting that something has happened, and I'm now accustomed to expect the Grizzlies to do a deal about every 16 hours which gets them draft picks.

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I wonder if AI is traded, like we all suspect, and the Grizzlies get back someone like Courtney Lee and a pick.

Not necessarily, CLee, but a marginal starter who makes about $11-13 mm/year, and that would save the FO about $3-5 million.

I guess every time I see someone has posted int his thread, I open it expecting that something has happened, and I'm now accustomed to expect the Grizzlies to do a deal about every 16 hours which gets them draft picks.

So a couple hours left! 

Ankle Breaking NBA News(@NbaAnkle) tweeted at 2019-07-09 00:45:
The Los Angeles Clippers have shown interest in trading for Memphis Grizzlies forward Andre Iguodala. Per, @MarcJSpearsESPN pic.twitter.com/dig4MzphVq

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

Moe Harkless+Jerome Robinson and some 2nds work

But I like their rookie Terrance Mann

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Ankle Breaking NBA News(@NbaAnkle) tweeted at 2019-07-09 00:45:
The Los Angeles Clippers have shown interest in trading for Memphis Grizzlies forward Andre Iguodala. Per, @MarcJSpearsESPN pic.twitter.com/dig4MzphVq

--
Get the clean and fast Twitter app at http://echofon.com

Moe Harkless+Jerome Robinson and some 2nds work

Yeah they would have to wait 60 days after July 6 to trade Harkless again if including him with another player.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah they would have to wait 60 days after July 6 to trade Harkless again if including him with another player.

Oh well nevermind bi doubt the  FO waits that long on Iggy forgot about that rule. And I don't see the Grizz taking more than two guys they already have a roster situation

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

IF they want to it is possible that they can do two separate deals, Iggy for Harkless + pick(s) and another one like Rabb for Robinson. But I want them to deal with Denver and try to get Beasley even if we have to throw in Dillion.

9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

No harm in waiting if that's the best deal out there.

Just now, UkGrizz said:

No harm in waiting if that's the best deal out there.

That seems a little too long and it can become a thing in the media and I doubt the FO wants that kind of attention I think the Iggy trade is next on the list after Tyus which should go down today