Jonboy

Grizz Acquire Iguodala, 1st Round Pick from GS

Such an incredibly savvy move by our F.O --- yet again. Flipping Conley into Crowder/Korver/Iggy(all of who remain assets in future trades)/3 first round picks/and Grayson Allen - and we even have ~9m left on our TPE. Truly awesome.

15 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Clippers have assets right?   Let's send Korver and Iggy there to play with Kawhi. 

I would be ok with it too

Anyone excited over the idea of Iggy playing for us didn't watch him in the finals. I'd be more excited about trading him again.

18 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Such an incredibly savvy move by our F.O --- yet again. Flipping Conley into Crowder/Korver/Iggy(all of who remain assets in future trades)/3 first round picks/and Grayson Allen - and we even have ~9m left on our TPE. Truly awesome.

First time in forever that we actually feel like we have a plan for the future. Finally stocking picks.. and finally have direction as a team. We got a young core.. future picks and players on expiring deals that may be of value at the trade deadline... 

wishful thinking. Imagine Chandler Parsons actually having a good year and we get a first rounder for him at the trade deadline from a team trying to make a playoff push.. 

that’s is a very Possible scenario...

2 minutes ago, cdp said:

Anyone excited over the idea of Iggy playing for us didn't watch him in the finals. I'd be more excited about trading him again.

two words: player coach. 

iggy is one of the best defenders in the league, from a technical-standpoint. the guy is fundamentally sound, and who better to teach the young guys about defense then him and jae crowder. For that matter, who better to teach guys how to shoot and space the floor then korver.

I love all of these guys, personally.

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

two words: player coach. 

iggy is one of the best defenders in the league, from a technical-standpoint. the guy is fundamentally sound, and who better to teach the young guys about defense then him and jae crowder. For that matter, who better to teach guys how to shoot and space the floor then korver.

The trouble is in basketball you're only allowed 15 on the roster.   We already have a baseball team roster.

14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Image result for that's not right gif

3 minutes ago, Dave's Not Here said:

Iggy, Korver, Crowder, and resign JV.

Are we trying to convey the pick next year?

That was a joke.

We're trying to get some betting action in Vegas.  

I like the trade personally. I gotta be honest though, we even more grit and grind than in years past now. 

That aside, as KBM said, I want our young guys (Brooks, Ja, Jaren, Bruno, Jevon, Rabb) to learn from these guys. I'd really like to keep Bradley, but seemingly that isn't going to happen. 

As far as trimming the roster, Miles can be waived for all I care. Noah, Zeller, and Holiday are gone. We have 17 to my count, to get to 15 just waive Bradley and either Korver or Miles. Korver makes more sense, since we actually save money by doing that. 

4 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I like the trade personally. I gotta be honest though, we even more grit and grind than in years past now. 

That aside, as KBM said, I want our young guys (Brooks, Ja, Jaren, Bruno, Jevon, Rabb) to learn from these guys. I'd really like to keep Bradley, but seemingly that isn't going to happen. 

As far as trimming the roster, Miles can be waived for all I care. Noah, Zeller, and Holiday are gone. We have 17 to my count, to get to 15 just waive Bradley and either Korver or Miles. Korver makes more sense, since we actually save money by doing that. 

Totally agree, if we could somehow keep Korver, Bradley, CJ and Iggy; also Crowder, SlowMo, JV and Delon. Our young guys would flourish... Ja, Carter, Dillon, Allen , Yuta, Konchar, Caboclo, Clarke and Rabb. But I can understand a trade coming too.

You guys have gotta be kidding, this guy spent the last 3 or 4 years basically ignoring the regular season and trying to rest up for April-June. No way is he ready to turn on a switch and mentor youth for 82 games.

Don’t overthink it, this trade was a salary dump and we got paid handsomely for being the facilitators. We didn’t make the trade in order to keep Iggy.

Well, I guess I'd like to see Iggy on the court more than Parsons, but that ain't saying much.
That pick looks sweet though.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Time flies by fast. I remember Iggy as a high flying uber-athletic wing, with so-so long shot. 

Hmmm, interesting mixture. Old vet on his way out, C in his prime, exceptionally talented rookie PG, JJJ (he still has a LONG WAY TO GO)....

Guys, I can't wait for the next season to start. We could see some fireworks from this new Grizzlies squad. Yes, West is loaded, but it's always more fun to play against the odds.

38 minutes ago, Dwash said:

You guys have gotta be kidding, this guy spent the last 3 or 4 years basically ignoring the regular season and trying to rest up for April-June. No way is he ready to turn on a switch and mentor youth for 82 games.

Hope he does the same here. But seems he will go someway somehow 

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Don’t overthink it, this trade was a salary dump and we got paid handsomely for being the facilitators. We didn’t make the trade in order to keep Iggy.

Exactly.

I think Iggy will never play in Memphis, but the 2024 first round pick could be a very good asset. 

I wish he would land here. He's at the stage in his career where he could be an awesome mentor as a starting SF for this group.

Ja/Brooks(?)/Andre/Jaren/Jonas

That is a pretty respectable starting 5. It would be nice to have a shooter in there at 2 though.

6 hours ago, cdp said:

lol exactly. dude is washed. 6.0 ppg for a non shooter. he probably gets bought out/traded this week. I wouldn't be surprised if its today.

sc..

you do remember this is the same iggy that referred to the coach and fo as slave owners like 2 seasons ago...? and he is a shane battier type mentor now?

slim. 

8 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

sc..

you do remember this is the same iggy that referred to the coach and fo as slave owners like 2 seasons ago...? and he is a shane battier type mentor now?

slim. 

Not too concerned with his political views re: the NBA and ownership. I do remember it now that you brought it up though.

He is a great instructional player on the court. No criminal or drug charges (to my knowledge). 

I don't see an issue. 

Also "Shane Battier type" was not in my post 😉