JWill4L

Jonas Valanciunas signs for 3 years/45M

Good deal by the FO.

Only 3 years keeps him as a stopgap until the team is ready to compete for the playoffs. By then we'll have figured out how he works with Jaren/Ja and can dump him easily if it's not working.

FO has killed every move they've made so far.

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Good deal by the FO.

Only 3 years keeps him as a stopgap until the team is ready to compete for the playoffs. By then we'll have figured out how he works with Karen/Ja and can dump him easily if it's not working.

FO has killed every move they've made so far.

Surprising. I still would have gone for the 4th year as a trade option 

I'm happy with it for sure.  3/45 is perfectly reasonable value, and it should be movable if we decide we want to at some point.

A little confused on the length from JVs standpoint, was expecting a 4th year.  Couldn't he have gotten something pretty similar by opting in and then extending for 2 years?

2 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

I'm happy with it for sure.  3/45 is perfectly reasonable value, and it should be movable if we decide we want to at some point.

A little confused on the length from JVs standpoint, was expecting a 4th year.  Couldn't he have gotten something pretty similar by opting in and then extending for 2 years?

Yep. It’s why I’m confused other than if he was just trying to save the FO money.

Just now, grizzknob said:

yes

4 minutes ago, grizzknob said:

Extensions go multiple ways. The Grizz clearly didn't want to extend and pay him more if this is the end deal that came about. By the way.... GREAT DEAL for the Grizzlies. Thank Ja we have a new F.O to manage this ****.

1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

Extensions go multiple ways. The Grizz clearly didn't want to extend and pay him more if this is the end deal that came about. By the way.... GREAT DEAL for the Grizzlies. Thank Ja we have a new F.O to manage this ****.

Wallace would have balked at this deal and turned around and gave both Nene and Noah 5 year, $100 million deals saying our future looks bright with these two in our frontcourt for years to come. 

Honestly surprised that the terms of the deal they signed him to are pretty much on par with what he was  making previously.  Technically, it's a slight discount.  I guess he really was sold on the organization once he got here.

This F.O. sure seems legit so far.

great deal for a GREAT PLAYER    play-offs in 2/3 years 

op out 17.5 million and signs 15 million  a year 

7 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

Honestly surprised that the terms of the deal they signed him to are pretty much on par with what he was  making previously.  Technically, it's a slight discount.  I guess he really was sold on the organization once he got here.

This F.O. sure seems legit so far.

5 minutes ago, lions said:

great deal for a GREAT PLAYER    play-offs in 2/3 years 

This along with the Avery Bradley deadline extension are making the conspiracy theory wheels in my head spin and make me think a big deal is about to go down to bring in a major starter for us. (by that, I mean, someone making over $20 mil per)

3 minutes ago, lions said:

op out 17.5 million and signs 15 million  a year 

He might have lost 2.5 million this year, but gained 30 million for the next two years guaranteed. If he opted in and got hurt this year, he could have missed out on a lot of money. 

J,.V  a good young up coming player takes less ,Memphis F.O  great move more money to sign F,E 

I have high hopes with this FO

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

He might have lost 2.5 million this year, but gained 30 million for the next two years guaranteed. If he opted in and got hurt this year, he could have missed out on a lot of money. 

good players will get paid i.m saying the grizzlies F.O  did a GREAT JOB

4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I have high hopes with this FO

you must now change that grizzlies picture  on your posts change it to a happy grizzlies 

5 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

This along with the Avery Bradley deadline extension are making the conspiracy theory wheels in my had spin and make me think a big deal is about to go down to bring in a major starter. 

I’m thinking the same at this point. 

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

This along with the Avery Bradley deadline extension are making the conspiracy theory wheels in my head spin and make me think a big deal is about to go down to bring in a major starter for us. (by that, I mean, someone making over $20 mil per)

tenor.gif?itemid=5310222