Sign in to follow this  
Teddy.B

Back to 100%? Injured players.

On injured players at the end of the season and is there news that they will be back to 100% with no long term issues. Including players that seems injury prone. 

1. Cancun. Not worth mentioning. Hope he gets the team something otherwise just as good with his contract FINALLY rolling off. 

2. JJJ. Deep thigh bruise. This is an injury that shouldn't have kept him out so much. Probably a precaution thing to keep him out. Hope he is back as good as before and has added to his game. 100%

3. Dillon Brooks. Toe. Seems injury prone to me with little problems here and there. Hasn't been able to play a full season and now coming up to his third year. Time to show his real worth. 80%

4. Kyle Anderson. Shoulder. Is this going to be another FO special of signing an injured player? Is the FO always so desperate that they're going to forgo medical background checks? I really wonder if Kyle will ever be fully recovered. 80%

5. JV. Ankle. This seems like a small issue but he is another player that always seems to have freak accidents injuries. Has he ever played a full season injury free? 80%

My percentages are just a prediction of if they will play a complete season injury free. 

7 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

2. JJJ. Deep thigh bruise. This is an injury that shouldn't have kept him out so much. Probably a precaution thing to keep him out. Hope he is back as good as before and has added to his game. 100%

Jackson missed the final 26 games of the regular season with a deep thigh bruise, but he feels really good now. He’s been working on improving his ball-handling and court vision, following the offseason plan he talked about in April when he said he wants to add more guard skills to his game. “(It’s about) having better feel for the game and being able to find my teammates better, just because you can’t get into tunnel vision, guys are too good,” Jackson said. “If they think you’re going to go score, there’s always somebody open. Getting better at that, getting better at reads. A lot of things, man. You gotta be ready for whatever’s coming at you.”

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Jackson missed the final 26 games of the regular season with a deep thigh bruise, but he feels really good now. He’s been working on improving his ball-handling and court vision, following the offseason plan he talked about in April when he said he wants to add more guard skills to his game. “(It’s about) having better feel for the game and being able to find my teammates better, just because you can’t get into tunnel vision, guys are too good,” Jackson said. “If they think you’re going to go score, there’s always somebody open. Getting better at that, getting better at reads. A lot of things, man. You gotta be ready for whatever’s coming at you.”

I read that which got me thinking about the thread, just wondering if the other guys are going to be ready. 

1 minute ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Dillon's Brooks played 82 his rookie year lmao. The injury bug just hit him last year

Freak injuries at that. I mean, what are the chances of someone throwing the ball at the right spot for someone to step on it and twist their knee?!

18 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

On injured players at the end of the season and is there news that they will be back to 100% with no long term issues. Including players that seems injury prone. 

1. Cancun. Not worth mentioning. Hope he gets the team something otherwise just as good with his contract FINALLY rolling off. 

3. Dillon Brooks. Toe. Seems injury prone to me with little problems here and there. Hasn't been able to play a full season and now coming up to his third year. Time to show his real worth. 80%

4. Kyle Anderson. Shoulder. Is this going to be another FO special of signing an injured player? Is the FO always so desperate that they're going to forgo medical background checks? I really wonder if Kyle will ever be fully recovered. 80%

5. JV. Ankle. This seems like a small issue but he is another player that always seems to have freak accidents injuries. Has he ever played a full season injury free? 80%

My percentages are just a prediction of if they will play a complete season injury free. 

JV's been good for 85%.  Like the other guy's posted, Dillon played every game his first season.  Freak injury the next.  What's the NBA average number of games missed?  Need to know the baseline before passing judgment.

Kyle doesn't even need his shoulder since he doesn't even shot...

Or maybe he didn't shot because his should was mess up?

I believe some of those injured players could have came back way  early ,put the team/management wanted to tank at the end of the season , and it worked the grizzlies got the number 2 pick 

2 hours ago, lions said:

I believe some of those injured players could have came back way  early ,put the team/management wanted to tank at the end of the season , and it worked the grizzlies got the number 2 pick 

I think there's some truth there.

I’m thinking jjj had something similar to what Leonard and Tony Parker had with the Spurs

Dillon played 82 games his rookie year and his injury last year was fluky