gentlemanquartely

1st piece to puzzle resolved...D Wright

1 minute ago, jerod1986 said:

Doesn't make sense but casual fans will go to games if they think the team has a chance to win.  At the end of last year, the Grizz were capable of winning even when over matched.  Looks like moves are positioning the teams contract situations for a team sale/move in a few years.

Likely could not find a trade partner for a deal that would be beneficial for us long term. Also saving 10 million for a player who showed he was not looking to be apart of the rebuild was a logical move. Wish we could have gotten 2nds for him given that we could have gotten better return on Jam and Temple last year. 

7 minutes ago, jerod1986 said:

Doesn't make sense but casual fans will go to games if they think the team has a chance to win.  At the end of last year, the Grizz were capable of winning even when over matched.  Looks like moves are positioning the teams contract situations for a team sale/move in a few years.

What a bunch of BS can people stop being so concerned with putting a roster of random vets together inorder to get a bunch of meaningless wins next season.

Fans will come to the games cause the team will be fun to watch and the fans will understand win or lose there is a plan in place and they can see the progress. Talking about the team being set up to move is dumb. Both Avery Bradley and Delon would have been too expensive for what their roles would have been and that's why they aren't here.

17 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I think the early "Run GMC" days (Gay Mayo Conley) are what we can expect next year. Fun, but losing ultimately losing basketball.

If Ja/Josh/Jaren give us a loosing effort like that I would be ok after all. That was a fan year, showed promisse of what we could be, maybe Ja make that run too

9 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The negative mindset on this board....geez louise

New poster problems

18 minutes ago, jerod1986 said:

Looks like moves are positioning the teams contract situations for a team sale/move in a few years.

This is a stretch. 

6 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

If Ja/Josh/Jaren give us a loosing effort like that I would be ok after all. That was a fan year, showed promisse of what we could be, maybe Ja make that run too

That is what I am hoping for too!!!

All we can do as fans is hope right?

Lucking into Morant is probably the single biggest gift this franchise has ever received.  Lets hope it plays out well for us.

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I just don't get why we waived avery if we weren't going to resign Delon, doesn't make sense. 

16 minutes ago, jerod1986 said:

We currently are less than $15 mil below the luxury tax line If we would have kept AB, that would have added $11 million in salary so we would be less than $4 mil below the luxury tax line. If we then matched Delon's offer, we would be like $5 mil OVER the luxury tax line. It would be beyond ridiculous for a small market team that is rebuilding to go into the luxury tax for Avery Bradley and Delon Wright, makes no sense. Even with the two of them we would probably max out at 35 wins if that. Going into the luxury tax has financial penalties and we lose out on revenue sharing as well. There is absolutely no reason to go into the luxury tax for those 2. 

16 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The negative mindset on this board....geez louise

Yes

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

What a bunch of BS can people stop being so concerned with putting a roster of random vets together inorder to get a bunch of meaningless wins next season.

Fans will come to the games cause the team will be fun to watch and the fans will understand win or lose there is a plan in place and they can see the progress. Talking about the team being set up to move is dumb. Both Avery Bradley and Delon would have been too expensive for what their roles would have been and that's why they aren't here.

And Yes. 

The FO is absolutely sticking to the vision and its fantastic. No short term fixes for meaningless games sacrificing the future. Just wishing they took over sooner. 

Backup PG should be solid, experienced but not over the hill. 

Kyle ticks a lot of the boxes and may be worth a try.  He can even run the team if (chooses words VERY carefully) Ja should ever need a day off. 

The Westbrook trade will probably shake things up a bit, and might make someone available (Ntikilina?).
Maybe the Griz are already negotiating to be the 3rd team, and Howard's a chip to use.   No way he stays. 

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

We currently are less than $15 mil below the luxury tax line If we would have kept AB, that would have added $11 million in salary so we would be less than $4 mil below the luxury tax line. If we then matched Delon's offer, we would be like $5 mil OVER the luxury tax line. It would be beyond ridiculous for a small market team that is rebuilding to go into the luxury tax for Avery Bradley and Delon Wright, makes no sense. Even with the two of them we would probably max out at 35 wins if that. Going into the luxury tax has financial penalties and we lose out on revenue sharing as well. There is absolutely no reason to go into the luxury tax for those 2. 

Keeping cap room open allows you to use your TPE thats left or maybe absorb a 17 million dollar deal for Hill or Plumlee's 12 million dollar deal. Picking up more assets along the way. If you are a fan and cant see that is very important to this project then I cant help you.

Also those minutes and shots need to be going to Melton, Grayson, Jackson, Dillon, etc. to see what they have.

33 minutes ago, jerod1986 said:

Doubt that, it's just a complete overhaul of the roster. They're okay with bottoming out for a year or two and going from there. 

12 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

My point was if we didn't plan on resigning Delon anyway, why get rid of Avery. It was always one or the other, but we chose neither. 

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

My point was if we didn't plan on resigning Delon anyway, why get rid of Avery. It was always one or the other, but we chose neither. 

And Avery adds $11 million thus negating any flexibility you have. Melton is a younger Bradley. Bradley wasn't going to do anything to help us win and from my understanding he basically abandoned the team after his injury. He didn't want to be here. Even if we brought him back, we still would have to make additional moves and that $11 mil reduces flexibility. There was no reason to keep him. the only reason to keep Bradley was if our roster was already set and we were below the cap and that $11 mil wouldn't affect us as much. We're over the cap and it pushes us closer to the luxury tax. 

A the end of the day, there is absolutely nothing that Bradley or Wright would have done next season to change our fate so we would be paying between $9-$11 more for nothing. 

Reliable backup ball-handler who struggles as a three-point shooter but is adept around the rim.

I think these are the two main reasons that they passed on Delon..  Have a feeling that SlowMo, Grayson Allen and De'Anthony Melton will be the backups behind Morant…  

Very disappointing news to see Delon go, but a few considerations. 1 - The FO has been great so far and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for having a plan 2 - 3/29m is a deal I'd have absolutely made but the presumption is the offer would have been larger than that w/ out the S&T. 3 - This clears a roster spot and cap space and gains us assets for future moves. We're clearly not done.

6 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

I think these are the two main reasons that they passed on Delon..  Have a feeling that SlowMo, Grayson Allen and De'Anthony Melton will be the backups behind Morant…  

Fearless prediction.....  Tyler Dorsey gets resigned...  

Athletic 2-guard who likes to get buckets but not to create for others.

Edited by Grizzhype

Anyone really complaining about not paying Wright more than Morant never watched him in Toronto. He should not be getting more than FVV. The Mavs overpaid and we rightfully didn't. Good move not to.

The problem now is Wright was one of the best options at pg left. I'd go hard after Dragic now I guess, he'd be a great mentor for Morant, for a year atleast. Heck i'd go after Tyus Jones too, Dragon can slide right over to sg easily.

5 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Fearless prediction.....  Tyler Dorsey gets resigned...  

Yup also konchar

1 minute ago, cdp said:

Anyone really complaining about not paying Wright more than Morant never watched him in Toronto. He should not be getting more than FVV. The Mavs overpaid and we rightfully didn't. Good move not to.

The problem now is Wright was one of the best options at pg left. I'd go hard after Dragic now I guess, he'd be a great mentor for Morant, for a year atleast. Heck i'd go after Tyus Jones too, Dragon can slide right over to sg easily.

Or langston if det wants to bolster their roster